• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Knows

Arttemis

Well, the PS3 had frequent updates pretty often, and SCE got massively criticized for it.

With Sony, it's always "blamed if you do, blamed if you don't", it seems.
Seemingly 80% of those frequent updates did nothing beneficial for the user. "Stability" and such.

klee123

What's the point when everyone knows that come next major update, it'll be features that no one asked for.

They've had their PS Blog Share website since the PS3 days and a lot of the features on that survey are actually on the top most requested items on that site.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/popular/

They've had almost 2 years to implement these functions. I honestly think come the end of this gen, nothing would have changed.

Aurizen

Well, the PS3 had frequent updates pretty often, and SCE got massively criticized for it.

With Sony, it's always "blamed if you do, blamed if you don't", it seems.

wow what can sony do to change that, I think they should just have more frequent update with the ps4.

I posted a thread a while ago (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1078589) in which I presented evidence of a pattern in how Sony releases major firmware updates to PS4. They seem to alternate six months/five months between major updates.

The first major firmware released on November 13th, 2013 (two days before the release of the PS4. This is Firmware 1.50. Some major things with this were Remote Play and the ability to play Blu-Rays/DVDs, among other important system functionality.

Five months later, on April 30th, 2014, Firmware 1.70 released. This was ShareFactory update, which also allowed users to disable HDCP and stream at 720p.

Six months later, on October 28th, 2014, Firmware 2.00 released. This was the Shareplay update.

Five months later, on March 26th, 2015, Firmware 2.50 released. This was, of course, the long awaited Suspend/Resume update. It also included the Accessibility features.

Sixth months later, on September 30th, 2015, Firmware 3.00 released. This was the update that included YouTube streaming, communities, stickers, etc.

So, does that mean in February (five months after the release of Firmware 3.00) we will see Firmware 3.50 (or maybe 4.00?). And could it have some of the features they're hinting at? Might we get a tease at PSX in December?

Skux

BhDVEYs.png

All I want. Maybe backgrounds and avatar changes but that isn't really a high priority since it's only cosmetic.

And isn't the wishlist already implemented in the store? On the web browser store you can "heart" an item which you can use as a wishlist.

Top Bottom