• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony : Paris Games Week press conference dated

Sorry, it's not just about making money for developers. They too want to start something new from time to time, even if it's a financial risk.

Yes! They do.

But the developers don't front up the capital for these huge risky projects.

And publishers don't often feel the need for the same creative freedom, and it is just about making money for them.

bombshell

Guys, I dont want to hype but Evo Studio has changed his avatar on PSN into Motorstorm..

Which account is this? The studio doesn't have a Twitter account.

Because every GTA needs time, I'm sure they increased their studio to make another team who's developing a new IP.
R* always creating risky Games

R* already has multiple studios, so it's not like they need to make a new team in order to work on a new IP.

R* North did GTA V.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_Games#Current_studios

Yes! They do.

But the developers don't front up the capital for these huge risky projects.

And publishers don't often feel the need for the same creative freedom, and it is just about making money for them.

They have a name. Rockstar. They made GTA. People will buy because of this just like people will buy Star Wars BF because Star Wars.

They have so much stuff that has some guaranteed sales power, why would they bother making a risky new IP?
True, new IP is always a risk and not to sound so rudely blunt but studios survive from progressing and continually making new IP. Rockstar has multiple studios, they don't just repeatedly churn out GTA every year. They have a lot to work with, hence why they can take half a decade for each GTA lol.

I am not expecting a lot of huge things here but as normal with SCEE shows it should be a fun ride.

I expect....

A update on WILD if only a short trailer.
RIME exists again. And has a release date.
First Destiny TTK free DLC announcement.
New trailer for Horizon. Not a new blowout but a few nugets of info.

Boat load of indies. From shit that is already out on Steam to new stuff.

Something new from Ubisoft.
And of course Quantic Dream's new game.

No Shenmue 3. Thats for PSX.
No FFVII update. Thats for PSX.

50/50 of Gran Turismo 7 making a appearance. It makes sense to do it here than PSX but it makes more sense to reveal it early next year if its a Holiday game. i guess it depends how VR focused its going to be. Maybe they want to drum up excitement for VR with it now as the big headline game for the platform?

And lots PlayStation VR games from indies and a few from established 3rd party teams.

Has this already been posted?

ad0PjAv.jpg

Seems like a studio who would have something for PS VR's launch.

Oh and the same No Man's Sky song and dance we have been getting for 2 years. No major update other then a 2016 release.

Turkoop

Banned
True, new IP is always a risk and not to sound so rudely blunt but studios survive from progressing and continually making new IP. Rockstar has multiple studios, they don't just repeatedly churn out GTA every year. They have a lot to work with, hence why they can take half a decade for each GTA lol.
well, if Agent is still alive, they must had some big problems during development

They have a name. Rockstar. They made GTA. People will buy because of this just like people will buy Star Wars BF because Star Wars.

Didn't work out with Max Payne or L.A Noire. Also, Star Wars? Didn't work for either of Force Unleashed titles, what are you on about?

The point is some IP are less risky than others. They will go with them first. Red Dead has got to be next. That backed by the ridiculous success of GTA Online, might mean they could justify the risk on a new IP late in the generation.

And to partially agree, but still stick with what I said - it's easier for them to take big risks (like a 3 character, intertwining narrative or a sprawling online mode) on established IP. Allowing them the creative freedom they desire, but also the financial return Take Two want.

So to repeat from above, Red Dead has got to be next. It sold well, even if it wasn't GTA well.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Love Housemarque and anxiously awaiting Alienation and happy that it's been confirmed to be at PGW. Looking forward to seeing Far Cry Primal which is pretty much a guarantee for obvious reasons. Hoping to see Sony Bend's new horror IP. A Last of Us type game works for me.

And while I have no interest in racing/driving games whatsoever, im pretty sure that Gran Turismo 7 gets announced at PGW with a short trailer and then a gameplay trailer at PSX.

For Rockstar, forget all about the second one and give me MANHUNT 3!!!

iBeleaf

Here is my prediction

Bloodborne Expansion trailer
Far Cry Primal Gameplay Reveal + Exclusive Content
Dreams Gameplay Demo
Driveclub Season 2 + New Features
Rime and WiLD release date
Indie Montage + New exclusive Indies for PS
PT tease. pls.
Sony Bend New IP
Quantic Dream New IP

Not expecting much

Turkoop

Banned
Here is my prediction

Dreams Gameplay Demo
PT tease. pls.
Sony Bend New IP
Quantic Dream New IP

Not expecting much

Thats a lot of content you expecting

iBeleaf

Thats a lot of content you expecting

Really? I don't think so

Quantum Dream game is a given
Indies are a given
Rush said on twitter about Driveclub getting more content
Sony has had partnership with Far Cry before so thats nothing new
Dreams gameplay is essential.
Still haven't seen proper gameplay from Rime since it was revealed on launch!
Sony Bend has been in the dark for too long now

Turkoop

Banned
Really? I don't think so

Quantum Dream game is a given
Indies are a given
Rush said on twitter about Driveclub getting more content
Sony has had partnership with Far Cry before so thats nothing new
Dreams gameplay is essential.
Still haven't seen proper gameplay from Rime since it was revealed on launch!
Sony Bend has been in the dark for too long now

I'm sure PSX is the right time for Sony Bend

Bloodrage

Banned
Here is my prediction

Dreams Gameplay Demo
PT tease. pls.
Sony Bend New IP
Quantic Dream New IP

Not expecting much

PT isn't happening. WiLD won't get a release date yet. Bloodborne won't get another trailer for Old Hunters.

Anyone think we might see more of Horizon? Game could be further along than we think.

I think at best we'll get some new info and some screenshots. I have to imagine Guerrilla must be in the thick of development right now.

I think I might actually be most excited for Dreams. From what we've heard it could be seriously impressive.

hawk2025

Here is my prediction

Dreams Gameplay Demo
PT tease. pls.
Sony Bend New IP
Quantic Dream New IP

Not expecting much

lol

I don't remember what they showed from PSX last year. Was it a big event?

They showed a TON of smaller games and fan service stuff like Yakuza localization and Day of the Tentacle. The mainstream ''megaton'' of the conference was the first UC4 gameplay demo.

edit: of shit forgot Street Fighter 5 as said above because it was leaked before the reveal. That was the intended megaton.

Sharpeye

Hey verendus, how's that PlayStation all stars successor going? XD

Anywho, 7 more days to go. Man time flies really quick.

Lol, we probably not going to see a hint of that until, like, 2017. Sounded like it is very, very early in dev when Verendus was teasing it.

I believe verendus said there are 3 more notable first party announcements this year. QD isn't first party correct? That has to mean there will be a significant first party announcement at PGW.

Corpsepyre

Banned
They showed a TON of smaller games and fan service stuff like Yakuza localization and Day of the Tentacle. The mainstream ''megaton'' of the conference was the first UC4 gameplay demo.

edit: of shit forgot Street Fighter 5 as said above because it was leaked before the reveal. That was the intended megaton.

What did they close with? :/

Jigorath

Banned
People really shouldn't be expecting huge announcements out of this sort of event. Sony usually uses Gamescom to show off their smaller more offbeat titles like WiLD, Puppeteer, Tomorrow Children, etc. I would guess the only "big" announcement would be Quantic Dream's new game.

Best case scenario we might get another demo of Horizon.

What did they close with? :/

Drawn to Death. It was pretty lame way to close the show TBH, not that there is anything wrong with it but UC4 or SF5 should have been closers.

Or better yet, FF7 remake if you were to bring Hashimoto in there to troll. PC port first, Remake shortly after.

pager99

Sony santa minicab what's the bets? I mean we've heard zilch since ascension
,I think it's bullshit that the big 3 Sony studios are a no show so far
I hate to say it but Shu should be fired

pager99

Guys, I dont want to hype but Evo Studio has changed his avatar on PSN into Motorstorm..
Megafuckington
Imagine something like apocalypse on Ps4
They better not be fucking.with us
Edit lol its just a Psn avatar, I thought it was official twitter.account lol

Top Bottom