• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

sorry but there's no reason for me to shut down evo studios - okay they made some wrong decisions, game was really broken but they built a great community and supportet the game like hell!
I'm very dissapointed Sony, very.

Yeah, it sucks. I can kinda understand why they did it, because the racing genre is fucking dead everywhere outside of Europe, but still, that's hardly their fault. Sure they made some mistakes with Driveclub's launch (both the delay and the server problems) and Motorstorm Apocalypse flopped but the latter was hardly their fault. It's not like they could've predicted two major earthquakes hitting right when the game was just about to come out.

Shin-Ra

There's nothing very revealing in Ovosonico's open job descriptions.. except maybe this, which isn't what I imagined from a small studio working on short-form games.

http://www.ovosonico.com/jobs/environmental-artist/
Ovopen.png

Mosse

Neo Member
I'm more interested in Norse mythology than Egyptian, maybe because I'm from Sweden and more familiar with all the gods and myths. So I hope it's true

That's the setting I was kinda expecting them to choose. Well maybe, more hope than expectation. My anticipation for the game is suddenly much higher.

Zukkoyaki

It's amazing the power Shinobi wields over this forum haha. Still, norse mythology is amazing! Eager to see if it's Kratos or not.

It's probably going to be a nicer, better designed version of this. Courtesy of Sawyer.

CfNiQpMWIAA9DJx.jpg

Alternate-universe Kratos, with suspiciously similar tattoo design to Kratos, with a name suspiciously similar to Kratos but in a Norse-like name, with a pair of chained axes that look suspiciously similar to Blades of Chaos.

My story guess is that he's a Jomsviking who got killed in battle, got revived by a Valkyrie as an Einhenjar, but got betrayed by the Gods who kills all of that Valkyrie's Einhenjars except you and the Valkyrie, and now seek revenge alongside the Valkyrie.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Man this thread is a painful reminder of the Evolution/Liverpool shutdown. Why does Sony Bend have nine lives while the guys who've actually made good games get told to pound sand?

Edit: Oh new God of War news. Not sure if want... if it's still Kratos it will probably be weird and feel more like a spinoff... Gut says they should start a new franchise if they want to go Norse...

If it's Norse them I am pumped. Lots of lore and story in the Norse mythology. One question. Was darksiders loosely based on Norse mythology? Will be interesting.

Man this thread is a painful reminder of the Evolution/Liverpool shutdown. Why does Sony Bend have nine lives while the guys who've actually made good games get told to pound sand?

If we take everything at face value...

Driveclub was Evo's "shot." It was their new IP, it was their passion project, it was the game where they built a whole new engine for it, and it didn't do well. It got delayed, launched poorly, among other things.

Bend hasn't gotten its "shot" yet. Scott Rohde has been hyping up how this new upcoming project is Bend's potential breakout moment, and just like how Evo was judged on Driveclub, Bend will be judged on their new project.

Edit: Oh new God of War news. Not sure if want... if it's still Kratos it will probably be weird and feel more like a spinoff... Gut says they should start a new franchise if they want to go Norse...

God of War is a still valuable and established brand. Game critics don't like Kratos, but he's iconic and a face that has marketing value.

Carn82

Alternate-universe Kratos, with suspiciously similar tattoo design to Kratos, with a name suspiciously similar to Kratos but in a Norse-like name, with a pair of chained axes that look suspiciously similar to Blades of Chaos.

And at one point, a game arrives with all the multi-verse Kratosses (Kratii? :p). Kratii, ASSEMBLE!

Top Bottom