• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PSN Hacked [Major Update In OP, Stolen Info Detailed, Partly Up Within A Week]

Status
Not open for further replies.
alr1ghtstart said:
0010_hu2r.gif
Video game culture :Serious Bus...err Religion!

Source video for this gif? I often find this guy's stuff entertaining

I'm actually hoping they take this time to revamp the whole system and release a major XMB update. Update the store while you're at it, it could use a speedboost and a better UI.

Oh and add that Cross Game Chat too k thx.

duckroll

Noisepurge said:
I'm actually hoping they take this time to revamp the whole system and release a major XMB update. Update the store while you're at it, it could use a speedboost and a better UI.

Okay guys, we're not getting PSN back until E3, and it's all HIS fault!

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Noisepurge said:

You just know the clock will get broken again with all that :/

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
EricHasNoPull said:
Video game culture :Serious Bus...err Religion!

Source video for this gif? I often find this guy's stuff entertaining

impmf6.gif

It's starting to get ridiculous at this point. The whole situation that is. Sony not having backup servers/networks or whatever is making them look like amateurs themselves.

I'm not in a hurry really.

I'd rather they take their time and fix this shit instead of rushing it and doing a half-assed job.

Sucks for all the MK, Portal 2, and SOCOM 4 dudes out there though :-(

TacticalFox88 said:
This will likely be remembered as the biggest clusterfuck of the generation.
Snuggler said:
Well, maybe after the RRoD fiasco. This doesn't quite compare.
Well it certainly beats the xbox live equivalent by miles 3.5 years ago. That was intermittent depending on region wasn't security-breach related and you could still access some services, you cant even't even sync trophies with this.

-Amon-

CadetMahoney said:
Well it certainly beats the xbox live equivalent by miles 3.5 years ago. That was intermittent depending on region wasn't security-breach related and you could still access some services, you cant even't even sync trophies with this.

I guess not being able to turn the console on is worst.

Right now I actually think Xbox Live is starting to have some of those problems again. Maybe not nearly as bad but now occasionally when I turn on my Xbox, I get a message saying that I only have limited access to Xbox Live and I only get access to 2 channels (one is my xbox, not sure about the other one). Have a feeling new console sales (due to Kinect) + Gears 3 beta + Mortal Kombat + Portal 2 + PS3 gamers getting on XBL all together have brought on a ton of extra traffic to XBL recently.

EricHasNoPull said:
Cool thanks, I'm kinda curious about his "opinion" on this situation :)

Well, he posted a vid the other day. Let me sum it up for you:

SONY SUCKS!!!! SONY SUCKS!!!! SONY SUCKS!!! (or something along those lines).

lol.

duckroll

Speedymanic said:
And let's not forget the exclusive case DLC or the pre-order DLC!

If PSN isn't back by the time LA Noire is out, I think Sony will have a lot more to worry about than one game's exclusive DLC. Lol.

Out of all this I'm more worried if I left my debit card account info on my account. Or my mothers when I used it all those years ago...fuuuuuuuuuuu hackers.

pslayer666 said:
Well, he posted a vid the other day. Let me sum it up for you:

SONY SUCKS!!!! SONY SUCKS!!!! SONY SUCKS!!! (or something along those lines).

lol.
Hollie shit, I don't know much about him, I knew he was a troll, but I thought he just trolled all fan boys equally, I thought he at least tried to have a neutral stance on the console wars, he sure hates the PS3s.

xKilltheMx said:
Out of all this I'm more worried if I left my debit card account info on my account. Or my mothers when I used it all those years ago...fuuuuuuuuuuu hackers.
Has there actually been any confirmed debit / credit card fraud so far? I remember one poster saying he got a suspicious error message along the lines of "attempts to automatically add funds to the wallet have been unsuccessful" or something, but that's all I've seen.

LOZLINK said:
The most annoying thing is that I can't fucking play Portal 2 on the pc.
That really sucks for people who can't activate it, such shitty timing. I'm impatiently waiting to play multiplayer, since all my friends are on PSN and not steam.

Kadey said:
It's starting to get ridiculous at this point. The whole situation that is. Sony not having backup servers/networks or whatever is making them look like amateurs themselves.

Apparently they are rebuilding the network because of security concerns. Redundancy isn't the issue.

offshore said:
All we need is the theme tune to Benny Hill and this whole situation is complete.

Lmfao!!!! How true!!! :p

*has Benny Hill theme stuck in his head for the rest of the day while running around in fast-forward*

EricHasNoPull said:
Hollie shit, I don't know much about him, I knew he was a troll, but I thought he just trolled all fan boys equally, I thought he at least tried to have a neutral stance on the console wars, he sure hates the PS3s.

Nah, he did a 180 some time ago.He was all tr3y4life before. All he cares about is CoD I think.

I think he's just doing it for the hits and to troll people, he even said so a few times. Overall he's pretty obnoxious anyways. :p

Mechanical Snowman said:
That really sucks for people who can't activate it, such shitty timing. I'm impatiently waiting to play multiplayer, since all my friends are on PSN and not steam.

[conspiracy tin-foil hat]

VALVE did this, so that everybody getting Portal 2 for pc for free and then selling their ps3 copy can't do that on a high priced-refund!!!

I blame Gabe!!!
[/conspiracy tin-foil hat]

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Gacha-pin said:
You can't test your game in the actual environment.
So the standardized console hardware and the certification that takes care of this is suspended because PSN is down?

expy

Banned
Kadey said:
So, if the problem is with the network architecture itself, what would activating a backup of said faulty network accomplish? Use your head.

Shaka

expy said:
So, if the problem is with the network architecture itself, what would activating a backup of said faulty network accomplish? Use your head.
Have you been following this thread? Everyone in here is an expert, it's quite funny.

DiscoJer

Kadey said:
impmf6.gif

Is that Kevin Butler and Marcus fighting?

Wazzim

Banned
It's getting pretty funny now, all kinds of people getting fed up on school because they couldn't play in their weekends lol.

Sporran

Wazzim said:
It's getting pretty funny now, all kinds of people getting fed up on school because they couldn't play in their weekends lol.

you wanna see what were like in the workplace, office rage i tell you :D

Carl

Wazzim said:

Oh yeah, it's hilarious. I'm splitting my sides laughing.

Walshicus

Carl said:
Oh yeah, it's hilarious. I'm splitting my sides laughing.
It's sorta funny if you don't have any investment in PSN or Qrocity [or whatever it's called]. Sucks for those affected.

I *really* want to see a detailed writeup of what happened here, at some point. Interesting stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom