• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony quizzed on Monster Hunter's betrayalton - 'You'll have to ask Capcom'

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I was wondering if Sony were going to comment on this or not, but I guess they would find it hard to avoid journalists asking questions. Posted?

They sound like they're in the dark about it, but maybe that's just what they want to say in public. Must be quite the slap in the face.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2011/09/15/idINIndia-59362720110915

Capcom's share price fell on Tuesday after it announced that the next version in the series, Monster Hunter 4, would be offered on Nintendo's 3DS handheld, which is not seen as a likely hit with hardcore gamers. No announcement has been made about offering the new game on the PS Vita.

"I don't know. You will have to ask Capcom," Hiroshi Kawano, President of Sony Computer Entertainment Japan, told Reuters when asked about the game.

But Shuhei Yoshida, president of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios, in a separate interview did not rule out the possibility the PS Vita might still grab its own Monster Hunter.

"Most large game publishers operate on a multiplatform basis," he told Reuters.

Dooooooooomed etc.

BadWolf

I'd rather Demon Souls take off on this system, think I'm done with MH unless there are some signifcant changes to the formula.

Hmmm. I still refuse to believe there's not a Monster Hunter game in development for Vita. I just can't fathom it.

I mean, the whole system seems like it was designed to provide the best possible Monster Hunter experience, right?

EDIT: That said, I'm really not a Monster Hunter fan so it honestly means nothing to me. But I understand the implications it has on the "handheld war". Honestly though, if a single third-party title can have such a huge implication on the success of two distinct platforms, something's not right.

Does Microsoft try and lock up the next Monster Hunter for XBOX 720?

BadWolf said:
I'd rather Demon Souls take off on this system, think I'm done with MH unless there are some signifcant changes to the formula.

You mean like shown in the teaser to MH4 right?

Overall, this is Capcom, anyone expecting system loyalty from a company that is smart enough not to pander to fanboys is delusional.

Momo

Banned
lyqtT.png

markot

Banned
Nintendo should just buy Capcom.

I want a good 3d Mega Man game >.<

Also Sega.

I want a good 3d Sonic game >.<

Suzzopher

get2sammyb said:
Hmmm. I still refuse to believe there's not a Monster Hunter game in development for Vita. I just can't fathom it.

I mean, the whole system seems like it was designed to provide the best possible Monster Hunter experience, right?

Remember the Resident Evil switch from Capcom? Established the series on PSone then boom! Switched to Gamecube :/

Gravijah

Suzzopher said:
Remember the Resident Evil switch from Capcom? Established the series on PSone then boom! Switched to Gamecube :/

Why do people always skip over Code Veronica? You know, the Dreamcast game?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
get2sammyb said:

I'm sure Capcom knows this. They put this in every press release afterall!

Developing titles across multi- platforms is a core strategy for Capcom. Capcom will continue to meet players’ expectations through the commitment of its highly skilled development teams, and by taking advantage of the most suitable hardware platforms to deliver the best gaming experiences possible.

(lol)

BadWolf

boris feinbrand said:
You mean like shown in the teaser to MH4 right?

Yeah, something like that. But if they actually deliver and new stuff is fun, wasn't really sold on the whole running/platforming thing (yeah, I know its early but just the idea of it).

Put tons of hours into 2, 2G and 3rd so need something fresh.

Huff

Banned
It doesn't make since for Capcom not to put a MH on the vita (so of course they won't do it).

Sony is trying to make it a non issue.

And come out with tons of games that makes a vita worth it without it. With a 100 games in the first couple months, they hope a couple games will interest the public and convince them to buy the system. Even if it doesn't have the newest MH.

boris feinbrand said:
Overall, this is Capcom, anyone expecting system loyalty from a company that is smart enough not to pander to fanboys is delusional.

No-one's expecting loyalty. On a personal level I expected Monster Hunter 4 to be on *both* Vita and 3DS at the same time. It's the switch from one exclusive to another that's curious.

But people are right to cite Resident Evil. Capcom's always treated the PlayStation platform bizarrely. I wonder if we'll ever find out why.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sony f*cked thats all - that was the only IP they needed to secure for this Gen and they couldnt get it done.

They are very naive if they thought that Nintendo wouldnt lure Capcom to the 3DS. But with all those 3DS support, it isnt suprising that MH is on 3DS.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Meh,

I can see a monster hunter going to the vita, makes no reason not to put one on there, especially if both systems sell well in japan.

Sintoid

The most concerning thing is that Sony is talking about Vita like "a platform made with developers"... Maybe if you talk with developers about console you should talk with them of games too... XD

Same question should be asked to Capcom now... It could be very interesnting...

V_Ben said:
Yoshida's answer hints that he knows something :p

Yeah, he knows that they should've opened that checkbook. It really does seem like they thought of everything with the Vita...except for getting the right games on the platform.

BroHuffman said:
It doesn't make since for Capcom not to put a MH on the vita (so of course they won't do it).

Sony is trying to make it a non issue.

And come out with tons of games that makes a vita worth it without it. With a 100 games in the first couple months, they hope a couple games will interest the public and convince them to buy the system. Even if it doesn't have the newest MH.
It's 100 games total in development (for Japan), no release timeframe was given. Andriasang > IGN

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nintendo recently acknowledged that they were looking at spending some money to guarantee some exclusives for their system.

My guess is Monster Hunter was the first one.

Huff

Banned
lunchwithyuzo said:
It's 100 games total in development (for Japan), no release timeframe was given. Andriasang > IGN

So the 100 out by March/April is not true? Gotcha.

Edit: Looking back, yeah that makes since.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Capcom is fucking retarded

Curufinwe

Sgt.Pepper said:
"Betrayalton"? Since when MH is a Sony exclusive series? But it would have sold me on Vita though.

I'm sure Capcom will release a Monster Hunter game on the Vita eventually. They probably just want to wait until enough of them have been sold in Japan.

TGMIII

Do people actually think vita won't get its own MH or an upgrade of the 3DS version. You must be literally out of your mind.

stilgar

Betrayalton? We are talking about a company that went from "Resident Evil 4 is a Gamecube exclusive" to "Hey! Let's adapt it for the Iphone too!!"

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
How can you betray a platform that isn't even out yet?

get2sammyb said:
But people are right to cite Resident Evil. Capcom's always treated the PlayStation platform bizarrely. I wonder if we'll ever find out why.
I'm guessing Sony failed some test by not posting enough messages to some obscure Capcom dev forum.

Yagharek

Gravijah said:
Was ported to the Saturn, yeah.

Ahh ok, wasnt sure if it was a port or a same day release. IIRC, Tomb Raider mightve been the one that started on Saturn, then became synonymous with PSX when they signed exclusivity for TR2.

But that's not capcom. [/derail]

Delio

You know if people are so sure the Vita will get MH4 or a upgraded version then why are people still up in arms over this?

Top Bottom