• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony TGS Flopference Thread

Basch

So when's this begin? I don't know if I should keep staying up. Granted, I don't have classes tomorrow morning so I can sleep in, but still. Sleep sounds so good right now. :lol

icecream said:
After the MS Keynote, I'm more convinced Sony will deliver... at least better than MS did.

I still want my Cry On. :( Even Blue Dragon 2 would be more than welcome now.

I remember hearing in another thread that some posters on GAF were shown the Team Ico game behind closed doors back at LGC. So wouldn't it make sense that Sony should be ready to show this thing publicly by now. TGS seems like the best place for it.

Lightning

Banned
Gran Turismo 5 better not be 2010 and WKC better deliver. That is all that matters to me from Sony at the moment. Resistance 2 and Motorstorm 2 are already confirmed sold.

Deadly said:
Has it been said that there's going to be a conference? After searching up abit, some places say that Microsoft are the only ones holding a press conference.

And they would be wrong. There are 3 Sony conferences today and tomorrow.

Well, it is just after 1pm tokyo time, thursday afternoon. If it's an afternoon conference it should start soon. I guess no one knows when it starts?

Basch

Rapping Granny said:
LLTP and Off topic, is there a blu ray 360 add on?

First, I thought hear a deal was struck with a manufacturer. Then, rumor. Now I don't know. Whatever, don't need an add on when I already have the PS3. Still, would be nice for the 360-only owners. So in that case, I hope such a thing does exist.

criesofthepast said:
Well, it is just after 1pm tokyo time, thursday afternoon. If it's an afternoon conference it should start soon. I guess no one knows when it starts?

let them soak in all that microsoft goodness first.

iceatcs

I think we might see some of MMO game titles. Maybe not?
I dunno If we will see if any more RPG apart from 4 titles coming up.

Also it will get lot of love for PSN, maybe better PS1 games.

exarkun

BlazingDarkness said:
evening conference.

Noooo I don't want to have to stay up to find out whats going on. I like the live blogs cause it seems to be the better experience than waking up and missing all the meltdowns and bans that happen in the thread.

Rindain

Banned
beast786 said:
SONY's TGS conference is dated to take off tomorrow!
There is a SCEJ conference presentation today
a Level 5 PS3 conference tomorrow
and a special LBP conference.

I'm confused...so the Sony conference is tomorrow, but the SCEJ conference is today? Aren't they the same company?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Rindain said:
I'm confused...so the Sony conference is tomorrow, but the SCEJ conference is today? Aren't they the same company?

SCEJ is a PART of Sony.

different people run different parts

They are not amicably exclusive to themselves.

TheFatOne

exarkun said:
Noooo I don't want to have to stay up to find out whats going on. I like the live blogs cause it seems to be the better experience than waking up and missing all the meltdowns and bans that happen in the thread.

Is it confirmed evening conference or just a guesstimate. I'm an east coaster trying to decide whether to sleep or stay up

so im guessin all the trailers and shit at Sonys booth is under embargo til after Sonys conference, then they all get put on the net? or am i wrong?

Rindain

Banned
davepoobond said:
SCEJ is a PART of Sony.

different people run different parts

They are not amicably exclusive to themselves.

OK, I guess then by SONY he meant SCEA and SCEE? So if we see anything from God of War 3 that would be at tomorrow's "Sony" conference? I just bought my PS3 last week, so I'm still learning the lingo a bit.

Issun23

Rindain said:

Sony first party conference today.
Sony/Level 5 live demo presentation of White Knight tomorrow
LittleBigPlanet Special Presentation tomorrow too.

exarkun

TheFatOne said:
Is it confirmed evening conference or just a guesstimate. I'm an east coaster trying to decide whether to sleep or stay up

Im on the east coast too. I vote for sleep. I don't think the conference will have enough surprises to warrant 5 hours of lost sleep.

rykomatsu

13:08 - President Hirai takes the stage. Talks about and emphasizes the quality of PSP package titles and PSN titles.
13:10 - Sean...Leiden(?) of SCEJ takes the stage
13:12 - New PS3 SKU announced. 80gb, dualshock 3, 39980yen including tax starting 10/30. Colors are same as before; silver, black, white
13:15 - GT5P and LBP bundles will also go on sale at the same time
13:18 - PS Store for PSP starting on 10/15
13:19 - In the near future, PSP disc based games will be downloadable
13:21 - Using PS3 for PSP adhoc mode will be available starting 10/30 and will be called Adhoc Party. Monsterhunter 2G will be ready to go from the first day.

Basch

So, I should go to sleep, and hope I wake up in time for the conference. Or should I stay awake for four more hours. I'm leaning towards sleep. I'll be up in six hours. Maybe seven. :lol

Top Bottom