• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony TGS Flopference Thread

TekunoRobby said:
It’s sad that DCharlie has to explain himself to a bunch of juniors. :(

It’s ok DCharlie, they'll learn eventually. Thanks for the impressions dude and keep 'em coming.
Sooooo if calling a junior junior gets a person tag fucked, what does calling a bunch of juniors get?
I really would not expect more announcements, unless I understand business even less than I think that I do

BlazingDarkness said:
wait, are they showing the FFXIII thing, live streaming? i.e we will see it?

speculation points to yes (since it's part of Sony's deal, that is) we will see it. Live streaming I'm not sure.

Put this up in the JP PSN store, Sony!

SolidSnakex said:
Don't get too excited about that. The admission ticket system likely means that they're going to make sure that those that do get a ticket aren't bringing cameras in there.

aww damn!

-_-

...oh well, it would be nice to at least get impressions. I still haven't heard anything on the Closed Theater FFXIII trailer.

Wollan

MrDenny said:
Is this old?
Little Big Planet Dual Shock 3 Bundle
littlebigplanet_dualshocks.jpg

Price: 7980 yen

This better come out to the U.S. I need both a controller and LBP, I'll be saving about 40-50$.

and the ps3 bundle
lbp_ps3_bundle.jpg
DMPrince said:
scejp11.jpg

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20081009/scejp.htm

some pictures of the adhoc party. and other stuff.
Found these gems earlier in the thread.

h3ro

stuburns said:
White, the silver looks much darker.
It's hot isn't it?

Not to souljaboy it aint.

Ain't no body playin' no god damn PS3, that's why that shit chillin' over there with the Wii.

hirokazu said:
METAL GEAR SOLID 4? Really, Sony? :(

It's like the one episode of The Simpsons where Marge finds that rare and expensive dress and everyone is impressed but she doesn't have any other dresses to wear the next time she sees her friends so she keeps cutting and altering the same dress hoping no one catches on.

Hunahan

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
It's like the one episode of The Simpsons where Marge finds that rare and expensive dress and everyone is impressed but she doesn't have any other dresses to wear the next time she sees her friends so she keeps cutting and altering the same dress hoping no one catches on.
:lol Perfect.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
OldJadedGamer said:

10/10

:lol

batbeg

LocoRoco 2 looks like it's adding a lot of new stuff, which is great, though I would've been content with a simple expansion pack of more levels in the same mechanics. Can't wait for it!

Kagari said:
Another? I didn't know you had one.

Yep, for a short while. Sold it though, prices for 60GB systems were pretty good on ebay. I wasn't playing it at all, and my wife was not pleased.

I'll come back one day though, once the exclusive RPG lineup is better and the prices are lower.

test_account

XP-39C²
Wollan said:
Found these gems earlier in the thread.
MrDenny said:
Is this old?
Little Big Planet Dual Shock 3 Bundle
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/MrDenny624/littlebigplanet_dualshocks.jpg
Price: 7980 yen

This better come out to the U.S. I need both a controller and LBP, I'll be saving about 40-50$.

and the ps3 bundle
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/MrDenny624/lbp_ps3_bundle.jpg
Wow, that looks really cool i must say, especially those Dual Shock 3 + Little Big Planet bundle :) Maybe i'll import one of those some day :) Thanks for posting these pictures! :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Jive Turkey said:
Oooo! That LBP bundle looks hot! Does it have the MGS4 BC 80 gig or is it the "FU Jive Turkey" 80 gig?

BC isn't coming back until software emulation is up and done.

n1n9tean said:
THAT'S RACIST.gif

:lol

how can you say that? the black and yellow roco's are happily bouncing on the white background, all colours are in harmony...locoroco is a vision of the future when we shall all evolve to bouncing blobs , and do nothing but bounce and gaze into each others eyes

n1n9tean

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
how can you say that? the black and yellow roco's are happily bouncing on the white background, all colours are in harmony...locoroco is a vision of the future when we shall all evolve to bouncing blobs , and do nothing but bounce and gaze into each others eyes
2zq76vt.jpg

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I'm not too sure why there is so much hate towards scripting DCharlie... I am guessing you are looking forward to Gears 2 (as am I) but there is going to a be a shit load of scripting in that game, are you going to bring that up as well?

It's not that the scripting is bad, i guess i was a bit surprised that it wasn't a bit more Crysis than CoD4 due to the physics etc. That's perhaps me picking things up wrong from the previous trailers etc.

E.g.
"get the rocket launcher, take out the bridge!"

the mild disappointment came when i then ran to the bridge and expected to aim at the bridge and watch it destroy in glorious CellPhysicsOVision...

but that's not the case - it's still "well, no, you have to fire the rocket launcher at these two explosive boxes, and then we'll let the bridge destroy!"

It's minor though - doesn't make the game necessarily worse, i guess i just sort of expected something else.

during the firefights, the AI was decent enough though, but again - can't really get a full feel for things until the god mode is switched off.

the other parts were basically "take out the tank!" , "go help <name> open the door", "protect me while i open the door" - again, not -bad- per se, but just the same feel as every other FPS. That's not Guerilla's fault, that's just how FPS games are but it contributed to the feeling that it was just another FPS.

Again, i appreciate that that is all a bit unfair given this is one tiny play slot with no hands on of the multiplayer, so things may work out. It was on my 'to buy' list, and it's remained on it unlike a host of other games, so i think that's a good sign!

re: Gears 2 - i've seen nothing outside of one trailer so far so i'm sort of "meh" until i buy and play it. Given that the single player imo wasn't as great as everyone else though (game rescued by Coop) then i'd want to see how it hangs together.

On scripting, Resistance 2 was cursed -and- blessed by it. The huge robot scripting/set pieces were really cool - i liked the whole battlefield sense and the feeling of something much bigger going on around you. But while that scripting was great, the battles were a bit too tightly set up - too many fire fights went down in narrow corridors with little in the way of tactical choices. I'm a big resistance 1 fan and i thought the game shon when it was at it's open battlefield mayhem best, so again - i'm sure this is just because this is the first level of the game and that the usual nice stuff is beyond this level.

Snipes424

carnon said:
100,000 in japan
3,000,000 worldwide

I think I read somewhere where the lines for LBP were quite long at TGS. Now we will see if those turn into sells, but after playing the beta, I would buy this game twice it's so good.

Top Bottom