• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony to Eurogamer: PlayStation 4 will not block used games

It's fairly obvious to anyone paying attention that we didn't get the full story from Yoshida. I mean he had to talk to his advisor before he answered the question and get the "official answer". That tells you right there something is up.

I'm willing to bet that:

a) It can play used games
b) You have to register as the owner of a particular game
c) If registering a copy that has been registered by someone else, you have to pay a fee to the publisher to re-register it
d) The registration requires an internet connection, but you can pull the plug after that.

vg260

It's fairly obvious to anyone paying attention that we didn't get the full story from Yoshida. I mean he had to talk to his advisor before he answered the question and get the "official answer". That tells you right there something is up.

I'm willing to bet that:

a) It can play used games
b) You have to register as the owner of a particular game
c) If registering a copy that has been registered by someone else, you have to pay a fee to the publisher to re-register it
d) The registration requires an internet connection, but you can pull the plug after that.

That's my guess as well. People should be used to PR speak by now to know that all they confirmed was that they technically can play used games. That's it. That's all that can be taken away. People are getting way ahead of themselves expecting everything to work exactly like it has been. It may, but that's hardly been confirmed. Let's hold off on the praise until we know the full story.

If it's main competitor doesn't allow it, and they did because big publishers have been pushing for it, then there has to be a catch...
If not, it will be very interesting to see how this plays out third party wise.

Globox_82

Banned
it doesn't matter really. MS will be able to get away with it, not sony. Just like how they got away with RROD (and xbl gold )and same people kept on buying xbox and being quite about it. If same scenario was the case for Sony, they would be out of the biz. Some companies can get away with the things that other can't (apple being another example).

Top Bottom