• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony to pay $3.5 million penalty for misrepresenting PlayStation gamer's rights

Hostile_18

Banned
Well that's it really if refunds were more readily available the majority would pre order more. At the moment Sony would rather create bad will for a meager shirt term profit.

It sometimes feels like they have the attitude all their customers are out to scam them.

Psykodad

Banned
I've seen this stance at least twice now in this thread, publishers push it onto consumers with various editions of their product.
Promotions run wild, sometimes locking players in/out if they don't get Y or Z edition in the process - in a way it is feeding off of people.
Now that all is fine and dandy as it's supply and demand, but if a consumer so wishes so to cancel for whatever reason it is their right and a company should not try and get in their way, intentionally or otherwise.
I don't always agree with you, but I'm with ya on this one. 😉

Personally, I pre-order digitally because I just want my games pre-installed. Don't give a damn about bonuses, although they're always welcome.
But as consumers, we should always have a right to get a refund for whatever reason within a certain amount of time.

If Sony breached consumer protection laws, they should pay. Simple as that.

Shin

Banned
I don't always agree with you, but I'm with ya on this one. 😉

Personally, I pre-order digitally because I just want my games pre-installed. Don't give a damn about bonuses, although they're always welcome.
But as consumers, we should always have a right to get a refund for whatever reason within a certain amount of time.

If Sony breached consumer protection laws, they should pay. Simple as that.
That's how we roll, one day we fight the other day we unite. 👊
Any company that have these antics should be punished, be it by law or fans, costumers should have peace of mind when shopping without worrying how, when or if they'll get their money back.

Top Bottom