• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony to ready to buy take two (if you believe a recent report)

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Phil-Spencer-1024x576.jpg

Rac3r

Could they even afford them?

If they wanted them bad enough, then yea, they could finance the deal. The bigger question is if Sony is ready to absorb 7500-8000 new employees. Probably not, but the ABK deal could change things.

Yoboman

It's ok if Sony just buys successful online service games like Destiny and GTA Online for billions of dollars since they can't make any good ones themselves.

Or is it that Sony should just take the money and build their own?

I'm not sure how this works.
Sony hasn't bought any Devs/publishers to make existing IP exclusive. Based on what MS are doing they should though

Best thing would be for the ABK to be rejected do all this nonsense can stop

Loxus

It's ok if Sony just buys successful online service games like Destiny and GTA Online for billions of dollars since they can't make any good ones themselves.

Or is it that Sony should just take the money and build their own?

I'm not sure how this works.
Take the money and build their own.

Rockstar games should be played by everyone on the planet and not caught up in console war bs.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
But why would Take Two even sell?
Because GTA5 made a fortune, and nobody could be bothered to do any work. Apparently GTA 6 is like a hi-res State of Emergency, only less fun. Three of my most trusted sources have told me. Take two are planning on selling based on GTA5's valuation and running to a private island, leaving their buyer with 6 years of dev work to do.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Sony hasn't bought any Devs/publishers to make existing IP exclusive. Based on what MS are doing they should though

Best thing would be for the ABK to be rejected do all this nonsense can stop
I mean I wouldn't care if they did buy it and make it all exclusive. I'm gonna have a PlayStation anyway.

Many problems here with this rumor,
1. The original source of this is Bezinga
2. Take Two is not likely to accept.
3. Despite having best selling games Take Two is constantly having money management issues even with reductions, why would Sony voluntarily be dumb and take on what could be rapid loss/ debt, especially if they make their games console exclusive cutting the profit reac h?
4. Paper towels on bottom and top of pizza are not a sandwich
5. FTC/CMA would be encouraging rapid consolidation if they let them do that as retaliation.
6. It wouldn't be a fair trade and Activisions benefits would walk all over Take Two's if any.
7. 779311
8. Lol
9. No
10. Charlie Brown got ate by Hobbes, Calvin should have put him on leash.

Last edited:

feynoob

Take Two won't bite, not for the money Sony has. Strauss Dicklick's personal pride would veto the sale before negotiations even began.
Take2 managed to sell 160m gtav.
They won't sell themselves to Sony, and limit their potential.
If they are going to sell themselves, it will be a 3rd party private business.

RevGaming

Nah, GTA is bigger than COD. 150 million copies sold.

Who isn't buying a PS5? 150m is basically all the gamers in the world.

Source: trust me bro

Did I miss the part in the article that isn't speculation?
Who the fuck is this dude?

He's Rythian. He was to mentally unstable to work at Raytheon so got kicked out despite changing his name to sound similar. Now he does troll tweets on twitter in-between bagging groceries at the homeless shelter.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Always amused that people think Sony is this poor company that cannot afford anything.

Sony generates about $10 billion income each year.
But Sony isn't playstation. They can't put all 10 billion into playstation.

They have their music, TV hardware and so on as well.

While Microsoft also have Windows, office and so on, earns around 10 bill every quarter

According to this site, then Microsoft earned 70 billion dollars for 2022, and Sony earned around 7.5 billion in 2022.

Sony is not poor, Microsoft is just much more wealthy.

It takes over 8 years for don't to earn what Microsoft does each year.

Microsoft already earned the price back for Acti Blizzard, while Sony are still nowhere near to afford it from the date of the reveal of the acquisition.

If it is just a rumour that's providing if Activision does go through and besides if cod does stay multiplat then GTA will stay multiplat and the rest exclusive titles like Microsoft is currently doing now. They only time GTA will go with call of duty will go

Top Bottom