• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony vs Microsoft: The First Party Studios

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrDev

Looking at that list, I think MS beats with quality new IPs /games here. I really wouldn't get a PS4 looking at that list...

StuBurns

Banned
Depends on Sony putting it on a box or not. Really makes no difference other than widespread consumer access that should equal more sales. But then there are things like Minecraft, and Steam that debunk that reasoning.
Of course, but given he listed retail games, and included it, it implies he does know if Sony is boxing it or not.

And Minecraft on disc sold way way better than on XBL on 360 I believe.

That's really weird, the game screams "small downloadable only game".

I doubt it will be full price ($40/£30 etc) personally but yeh, I dunno they've only shown us 1 gameplay video which sounds kind of interesting, for some reason no websites that I can see have bothered to list SoD or Screamride but they're definitely both retail. Screamride is in Q1, SoD Spring

GnawtyDog

Banned
Of course, but given he listed retail games, and included it, it implies he does know if Sony is boxing it or not.

And Minecraft on disc sold way way better than on XBL on 360 I believe.

Really? That's surprising to me. Would love to see the numbers. If you don't have a link that's fine tho....probably years old buried somewhere.

blakep267

That's really weird, the game screams "small downloadable only game".
Itll probably be around the same size as zoo tycoon and that got a physical release

As for scalebound, when did kamiya finish up wonderful 101? Summer 2013? Platinum works fast and while i dont think they started scalebound as soon as tgey finished w101, i cant see them going 3 years between releases( of that certain team)

Right about now Microsoft. When the big dogs start releasing their games, MS gets demolished like always. A fair comparison is Nintendo vs Sony, MS isn't even on the same league.

StuBurns

Banned
Really? That's surprising to me. Would love to see the numbers. If you don't have a link that's fine tho....probably years old buried somewhere.
Just looked, and I think I was misremembering. I can't find the numbers, but Minecraft retail was the ninth best selling 360 game in it's first year, but that wouldn't put it close to the XBL number I found.

Chobel

I doubt it will be full price ($40/£30 etc) personally but yeh, I dunno they've only shown us 1 gameplay video which sounds kind of interesting, for some reason no websites that I can see have bothered to list SoD or Screamride but they're definitely both retail. Screamride is in Q1, SoD Spring

So something like minecraft or MGS:GZ, I guess that could work.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Honestly, it needs to be a cheaper digital title or f2p. Putting that as a $60 retail release is just screaming for it to fail

We know nothing of the scope of the game yet.

Deep Down should be a retail game and it's getting the F2P treatment - but Capcom is clueless so.

blakep267

We know nothing of the scope of the game yet.

Deep Down should be a retail game and it's getting the F2P treatment - but Capcom is clueless so.

I wasn't talking from a size standpoint. How it was described and what the trailer showed, it doesn't seem to me as a game thats going to command $60 and have people buy it in mass

Daouzin

I dont' care how many games sony has from first party, most of them aren't even decent. Microsoft kills this to be honest.

Yeah, just going off this list Microsoft has it rough. Counting games I'm interested in from this list.

Xbox One: 5
PS4: 13

That list has to be missing stuff from Xbox One, right?

StuBurns

Banned
Looking at the list, these are the retail games that excite me:

Scalebound
Phantom Dust

Bloodborne
The Order
Tearaway
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
Ys
Wild

It's certainly a win for Sony, but these are seriously like over the next two years, so even seven is really really bad. There's more to be announced obviously, but I doubt a lot more.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Looking at the list, these are the retail games that excite me:

Scalebound
Phantom Dust

Bloodborne
The Order
Tearaway
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
Ys
Wild

It's certainly a win for Sony, but these are seriously like over the next two years, so even seven is really really bad. There's more to be announced obviously, but I doubt a lot more.

2015 is set for Sony IMO.

Bloodborne in Feb
The Order 1886 in Feb.

Rime in March/April.
Ratchet and Clank Redux in March/April.
Deep Down in May.

Until Dawn: Late July.

Uncharted Collection w/ U4 BETA Access / Sept.
Wild (Sept.)
Teraway Unfolded in Oct.
No Man Sky (Oct.)
AlienNation (Oct. or Dec)

Persona 5 (Nov.)
Uncharted 4 in Dec.

H1Z1 and a bunch of indie exclusives spread in-between.

2016:

Feb/March = Media Molecule's new IP.

April/Sept. = Sony Bends New IP.

Oct = The Last Guardian or something from Studio Japan.
Oct = Quantic Dream new IP.

Nov/Dec SSM God of War related IP.
Dec: Guerrila's new IP or pushed to early 2017.

Indie exclusives and surprise second party AAA IPs.

Verendus

Banned
So, why doesn't everyone just use this particular site?

I saw this posted in GAF before and I've bookmarked it because it seems nice and tidy. Isn't it pretty much the same as this thread, only it seems to be a lot more comprehensive? It would save everyone a lot of trouble.

2015 is set for Sony IMO.

Bloodborne and the Order in Feb.

Rime in March/April.

Wild (Sept.)
Teraway Unfolded in Sept/Oct.
No Man Sky (Oct.)
AlienNation (Oct. or Dec)

Persona 5 (Nov.)
Uncharted 4 in Dec/Nov.

H1Z1 and a bunch of indie exclusives spread in-between.
Nope.

Definitely missing one notable retail exclusive which will come next year from SCE. That is yet to be announced. Your list also seems to be missing Until Dawn, and Ratchet.

RPGamer92

Banned

I saw this posted in GAF before and I've bookmarked it because it seems nice and tidy. Isn't it pretty much the same as this thread, only it seems to be a lot more comprehensive? It would save everyone a lot of trouble.

Nope.

Definitely missing one notable retail exclusive which will come next year from SCE. That is yet to be announced. Your list also seems to be missing Until Dawn, and Ratchet.
Uncharted Collection? I guess Ratchet and Clank actually.

GnawtyDog

Banned

Nope.

Fixed. Well, I work with what's announced or readily known.

Edit: Ohh the Uncharted Collection....umm. What would be a proper slot for the game, Sept? That month is packed tho...

Verendus

Banned
I use Firefox. It's always worked for me. You wait a moment, and it brings up their name, release date, and the metacritic score if applicable.

Presentation is really nice too. It'd be nice if the picture was enlarged when you clicked on it, but I still like how simple it is.

GnawtyDog

Banned
I use Firefox. It's always worked for me. You wait a moment, and it brings up their name, release date, and the metacritic score if applicable.

Presentation is really nice too. It'd be nice if the picture was enlarged when you clicked on it, but I still like how simple it is.

Had to reload, works now.

Verendus

Banned
Uncharted Collection? I guess Ratchet and Clank actually.
When I think notable retail exclusives, I don't really think remasters. Strange as that may sound considering the success of The Last of Us on PS4. Those are games I imagine the majority of people have played already.

GnawtyDog

Banned
When I think notable retail exclusives, I don't really think remasters. Strange as that may sound considering the success of The Last of Us on PS4. Those are games I imagine the majority of people have played already.

People want their collections these days. They are console sellers they say. In all seriousness tho.. I'll grab it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom