• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony vs Microsoft: The First Party Studios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verendus

Banned
People want their collections these days. They are console sellers they say. In all seriousness tho.. I'll grab it.
You're right, they do well and plenty of people on GAF tend to get excited for them. But I meant a new PS4 title. That one is likely definite, with one other potentially, but I think that one will end up 2016.

2thepoint

When I think notable retail exclusives, I don't really think remasters. Strange as that may sound considering the success of The Last of Us on PS4. Those are games I imagine the majority of people have played already.

Verendus, do you know anything about Sony London?

Thought they were working on a AAA PS4 title?

Also, please say Wipeout has a future? :(

StuBurns

Banned
You're right, they do. But I meant a new PS4 title. That one is likely definite, with one other potentially, but I think that one will end up 2016. That one isn't really first party though.
What was the point in even bringing this up exactly? You see a list of games which doesn't include some secret unannounced game, because how could it possibly, and want to point out it's incomplete, but are unwilling to complete it. Seems a bit obnoxious.

You're right, they do well and plenty of people on GAF tend to get excited for them. But I meant a new PS4 title. That one is likely definite, with one other potentially, but I think that one will end up 2016.

Seeing as you've gone to great lengths to sell Xbox Ones with your tag, what sort of numbers do you have for unannounced Xbox One games for 2015? ;)

Wynnebeck

Banned
Definitely missing one notable retail exclusive which will come next year from SCE. That is yet to be announced. Your list also seems to be missing Until Dawn, and Ratchet.

Boy, don't you start with this. It's too early to start hyping people up. At least wait until Jan.

Verendus

Banned
Verendus, do you know anything about Sony London?

Thought they were working on a AAA PS4 title?

Also, please say Wipeout has a future? :(
No idea about Wipeout. Maybe you'll get something similar to Rollcage in the future though. London will do something more core oriented, but you'll be waiting.

What was the point in even bringing this up exactly? You see a list of games which doesn't include some secret unannounced game, because how could it possibly, and want to point out it's incomplete, but are unwilling to complete it. Seems a bit obnoxious.
It gives an idea to expect something more, rather than thinking SCE has announced all their big titles, which one could easily assume due to how 2014 has turned out and the fact that there are quite a few games already due in 2015 (Bloodborne, Order, UC4, Until Dawn, Ratchet, Tearaway etc.). It's not like you'll know a lot more about the title or anything if I tell you this studio is developing it. Not to mention, I also have a limited idea about some of them, so I share what I realistically can.

If I say this is some of what's coming for you in the next two years:

Bloodborne
The Order: 1886
Uncharted 4
Until Dawn
The Last Guardian
Gran Turismo
Sly 5
Sony Bend Project
Guerilla Hybrid project
Sony/Sega project
Sony/Capcom project

What do you learn of the titles who I've just put developers for?

Akhe

tumblr_mzpcpljoJq1spjlg8o1_500.gif

GnawtyDog

Banned
No idea about Wipeout. Maybe you'll get something similar to Rollcage in the future though. London will do something more core oriented, but you'll be waiting.

It gives an idea to expect something more, rather than thinking SCE has announced all their big titles, which one could easily assume due to how 2014 has turned out and the fact that there are quite a few games already due in 2015 (Bloodborne, Order, UC4, Until Dawn, Ratchet, Tearaway etc.). It's not like you'll know a lot more about the title or anything if I tell you this studio is developing it.

Bloodborne
Uncharted 4
Until Dawn
The Last Guardian
Gran Turismo
Sly 5
Sony Bend Project
Guerilla Hybrid project
Sony/Sega project
Sony/Capcom project

Another Capcom collaboration besides Deep Down? MegaMan, Resident Evil related, Street Fighter related....
Sega = Shemmue.

I don't think Sucker Punch is going back to Sly. A new IP more likely than not. Maybe Sanzaru Games but I heard they were busy with other titles.

Yeah, I know. Sanzuru seems the obvious choice given they made thieves in time. If I had to guess SP will probably make one more inFamous title, starring fetch or something

Sly movie is 2016, I wouldn't expect the game to be out earlier than that.

Forgot about the film, thanks.

StuBurns

Banned
If I say this is coming for you in the next two years:

Bloodborne
Uncharted 4
Until Dawn
The Last Guardian
Gran Turismo
Sly 5
Sony Bend Project
Guerilla Hybrid project
Sony/Sega project
Sony/Capcom project

Well I would be interested in what a Sega collaboration would be, given that Sega have very publicly bowed out of making anything other than whatever the list was, Alien, Sonic, etc. However it could mean Sony funding a Sega owned IP, obviously GAF would scream Shenmue, although there's no possible way a Shenmue 3, if it ever happened, could be ready to ship next year.

Likewise a Capcom collaboration would be interesting in that Capcom could just publish almost anything they were interested in themselves, they don't need Sony's money, so it would need to be something they're either not confident about, or something that has already been to market and flat-lined, like Dragon's Dogma.

I do want to know what Bend is doing, a third person horror game, no? Could be exciting, I'm not especially confident in the studio though, so just its existence isn't fascinating or anything.

I-hate-u

It gives an idea to expect something more, rather than thinking SCE has announced all their big titles, which one could easily assume due to how 2014 has turned out and the fact that there are quite a few games already due in 2015 (Bloodborne, Order, UC4, Until Dawn, Ratchet, Tearaway etc.). It's not like you'll know a lot more about the title or anything if I tell you this studio is developing it. Not to mention, I also have a limited idea about some of them, so I share what I realistically can.

Bloodborne
Uncharted 4
Until Dawn
The Last Guardian
Gran Turismo
Sly 5
Sony Bend Project
Guerilla Hybrid project
Sony/Sega project
Sony/Capcom project

Verendus, my bro, you gotta trickle some info unto us, specifically the Sony/Capcom proj.

B.O.O.M

I would like to think Sony is working on an exclusive fighter for their system, one they do not really have right now with Capcom who are experts in the field....or a Megaman game

As for SEGA I have no clue. Valkyria Chronicles?

GnawtyDog

Banned
And it looks to remain so for a while. Astounding isn't it? When they say "Greatness Awaits" they really mean it on the waiting part.

Not amazing. I don't see any game releasing in 2014 that can top TLOU on critical reception alone. I play TLOU:R MP more than BF4 and any other 2014 title. The game is simply damn good.

I doubt Sony would ever fund an existing IP from a third party company. The only post PS1 exception I can think of is MGS4, and even then that's merely speculation.

StuBurns

Banned
And it looks to remain so for a while. Astounding isn't it? When they say "Greatness Awaits" they really mean it on the waiting part.
The hype for Bloodborne is fever pitch levels. If it's better than TLoU or not, who's to say, but the idea Sony have nothing exciting coming is absurd.

delta25

Banned
I would like to think Sony is working on an exclusive fighter for their system, one they do not really have right now with Capcom who are experts in the field....or a Megaman game

As for SEGA I have no clue. Valkyria Chronicles?

Your avatar is precisely the reason Sony wins in my book

2thepoint

Bloodborne
Uncharted 4
Until Dawn
The Last Guardian
Gran Turismo
Sly 5
Sony Bend Project
Guerilla Hybrid project
Sony/Sega project
Sony/Capcom project

Thanks for the info, Verendus.

You hearing anything good about the upcoming Playstation Experience in December?

I thought it was exclusive.

The best way to approach games this gen is that if they're not first party funded games, they're all timed.

Some games will be exclusive by default (niche Japanese games and developer choice) and some will be because stupid reasons or money. (parity clause and Titanfall)

But with some exceptions, I highly doubt there's a binding lifetime contract.

Not amazing. I don't see any game releasing in 2014 that can top TLOU on critical reception alone. I play TLOU:R MP more than BF4 and any other 2014 title. The game is simply damn good.

Didn't i reply to a post that suggested the best PS4 game has been a PS3 port?

The hype for Bloodborne is fever pitch levels. If it's better than TLoU or not, who's to say, but the idea Sony have nothing exciting coming is absurd.

You mean this game? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWId6_Pemck

I don't think it looks that great. Microsoft already had https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmV4CdNdx0k at launch.

I'm not saying Sony doesn't have hype behind some fall titles.

Verendus, my bro, you gotta trickle some info unto us, specifically the Sony/Capcom proj.
The only thing that could be interesting in my eyes is Monster Hunter. Otherwise, mehh.. Deep Down at the moment is an ok game to look forward to for me, but nothing all that special.

Dragon's Dogma would also be quite nice, but MH is a far more interesting catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom