• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's GamesCom Conference Will Be Livestreamed This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

salromano

Trevelyan said:
If I remember last year accurately, there were no leaks either, but we got both Ratchet and Clank All 4 One and Resistance 3 announcements. I'm holding out for Quantic Dream's and Dontnod's games to be announced.

Dontnod is definitely going to reveal their game. Quantic I'm expecting, but I'm not too sure. It's about damn time, though.

KongRudi

Banned
The_Monk said:
I want to see their GamesCom conference so bad.

From where it going to be possible to see this? Besides Home.

I love conferences so much.

Four Ways To Watch Gamescom With PlayStation.Blog

English
Select a Language:

Countries: AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ

After extremely high demand I’m pleased to confirm that we will be providing a live video stream of the SCEE press conference at gamescom. I invite you to join us at the Gurzenich Köln on:

Tuesday 16 August 2011 at 19:00 CET / 18:00 BST / 03:00 Sydney (Wed)

What’s more, we’re giving you four ways to watch the event:
  • PlayStation.Blog Watch it here on the web and dissect the announcements in the comments.
  • PlayStation App. The video feed is mobile compatible so you can watch it on your IOS or Android phone via the official PlayStation App.
  • PlayStation Home Dress smart and watch the conference on the big screens in the PlayStation Home gamescom Space.
  • Facebook Watch it live with a bunch of people you used to go to school with on facebook.

The video stream will be available on demand for 24 hours after it ends and I’ll be there to write the whole thing up, take pictures and crawl the show floor in search of news and interviews..

Found the above on EU-blog.

mclaren777

Any chance someone can make something like this for the show?

lELU3.png

Original credit to AceBandage...I think

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Acrylic7 said:
that sucks, was hoping that was speculation.

They want to be able to launch in the west with a large amount of games. Sony definitely doesn't need a 3DS situation on their hands.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
jling84 said:
Not really familiar with Gamescom. Are there likely to be big reveals and announcements?

Last year we had Resistance 3, Ratchet All 4 One, and Mass Effect 2 PS3.

KAL2006

Banned
So this is going to be on in less than 24 hours, I can't wait but I shouldn't put my hopes up to much as it is only Gamescom.

Several blogs are claiming the new lighter and more efficient PS3 is the hack proof chassis rumored coming since Feb of this year. If that were the case shouldn't there be two versions of PS3 Firmware 3.70 as keys in the new chassis would not work with firmware designed for the hacked PS3.

If the above is true then the PS3 chassis to be discussed at Gamescom (from the Sony India blog) is probably not related to the two versions seen and reported on in Japan.

Sony Developing Hack-Proof PS3? Price reduction on older models may also be incoming.

UK, February 22, 2011

Sony is currently working on a 'hack-proof' PlayStation 3 as a counter-measure against recent piracy concerns, according to EverythingHQ.

An anonymous 'insider' source says, "Sony are already deep into plans of developing a hack-proof PS3 system. This is mainly due to the recent leaks of Killzone 3 which has worried Sony of their console becoming a mainstream threat to piracy."

The new model PS3 will reportedly have the current slim design, a 300GB hard drive, an undisclosed anti-hacking system, and a mooted price point of £186.99/$300.

Current models of the PS3 could also see a price cut as Sony hopes to clear out the old hackable models from retailers to make way for the new console.
NEW (Hackproof) PS3 SLIM Model (CECH-3001A) Ships:

Published on 08-07-2011 07:38 PM

News from TheBanditKing, tells us that the "hack proof" PS3 Slim model revision is now shipping. Sony is attempting to prevent jailbreaking with this new hardware revision, and have fixed a major security flaw found in older PS3 consoles. Also, from TheBanditKing, are several photos, and some confirmations of the changes previously mentioned for the CECH-3001A model.

Finally, Calimba has revealed that the new PS3 CHECH-3001A models come with OFW 3.65 and shared a picture of the Macronix MX29GL IC (below) confirming that this model utilizes the same pinout as previous revisions.
So there should have been two 3.70 firmware versions right?

http://www.indianvideogamer.com/features/round-6-interview-with-atindriya-bose-playstation-india/

Any chance of a price drop on the PS3 soon?
As of now, no.

Gamescom, then?
(laughs) Well, if there was a price drop coming at Gamescom, I’d know. There is, however, a new PS3 chassis being discussed. A slightly different design, but from what I can tell, not much difference in functionality.
So this new chassis must be the hack proof chassis and it should, according to rumors, have features that would want to make us buy it as our primary game console over the one we currently have. That might be interesting!

jeff_rigby said:
Several blogs are claiming the new lighter and more efficient PS3 is the hack proof chassis rumored coming since Feb of this year. If that were the case shouldn't there be two versions of PS3 Firmware 3.70 as keys in the new chassis would not work with firmware designed for the hacked PS3.

If the above is true then the PS3 chassis to be discussed at Gamescom (from the Sony India blog) is probably not related to the two versions seen and reported on in Japan.
So do you know how much the BOM for the new PS3? I am just wondering if Sony will cut the price to 200$ or not. I am pretty sure that Sony does not want to cut the price and lose more money if manufacturing the PS3 is more than 200$

Beam said:
So do you know how much the BOM for the new PS3? I am just wondering if Sony will cut the price to 200$ or not. I am pretty sure that Sony does not want to cut the price and lose more money if manufacturing the PS3 is more than 200$
I was editing as you posted. Reread the above. I suspect there might not be a price reduction but many more features. This is rumor on rumor so tomorrow I'm paying attention.

Beam said:

Several german shops already cut the price of the 320GB PS3 down to 229 Euro. So there is your new european price.

Benjamin1981 said:
Several german shops already cut the price of the 320GB PS3 down to 229 Euro. So there is your new european price.
Moving old equipment preparing for the release of the new chassis????

V_Ben

Banned
French said:
gamescom_montag_aufbau_002.jpg

Edit : There are xbox controllers in DONTNOD Facebook's photos. Looks like their game isn't exclusive to PS3.
I remember reading that Adrift wasn't the PS3 exclusive title from those guys, but they do have a PS3 exclusive in development.

jeff_rigby said:
Moving old equipment preparing for the release of the new chassis????

A new chassis doesn't make sense. They just introduced the 3001. I'm calling bullshit on this rumor. But maybe this new chassis PS3 will come with the webkit browser too ;)

V_Ben

Banned
Benjamin1981 said:
A new chassis doesn't make sense. They just introduced the 3001. I'm calling bullshit on this rumor. But maybe this new chassis PS3 will come with the webkit browser too ;)
Oh don't start that. Please don't start that.

V_Ben

Banned
pharmboy044 said:
Announcement for a redesign of the PSN Store?
I hope that rumour turns out to be true. We saw firmware 3.0 debut at gamescom, so a firmware 4.0 announcement seems logical.

I hope Uncharted 3 doesn't hog all of the spotlight, I can see there they're giving it a big presence, hopefully that's just a show floor thing and not a reflection of the conference itself. I really don't care to see a 15 minute gameplay presentation or whatever, a short trailer would be enough

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Do you guys think I should live blogging this? I'm not even sure if I'll have access to the WiFi connection there, but I was wondering if I should even give it a try considering video will be streamed anyway.

TTP said:
Do you guys think I should live blogging this? I'm not even sure if I'll have access to the WiFi connection there, but I was wondering if I should even give it a try considering video will be streamed anyway.
meh, just summarize the key points as it goes on. Would be nice to have a summed up list when it's over.

C_H_T

V_Ben said:
I hope that rumour turns out to be true. We saw firmware 3.0 debut at gamescom, so a firmware 4.0 announcement seems logical.

Maybe a firmware that will make PS Vita to be compatible with PS3, like transfarring etc.

Hopefully the whole transfarring/cross platform play stuff is clarified and expanded upon a bit, I get the impression Sony hasn't fully committed to it because they've not really touched on it outside of a few titles, and for it to really take off they're going to have to push it hard and be fully selling it. Though as with a lot of Sony's ventures, I can see it generally floundering because they fail to push it enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom