• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sora no Kiseki FC (Trails in the Sky FC) Evolution announced for PS Vita

t26

Already accepting that this won't come to America (full voice work, Vita). Xseed wasn't able to get the licenses to the voice work of the original game, so the same would likely hold true for this, meaning the only other option is to voice it all, which sounds too expensive for a Vita game.

Xseeds moving foward with SC, so as long as that's still true, Japan can have their voiced game. (I kinda want to see it streamed or something though, I LOVED Estelle's japanese voice actress)
Why not just release it without voice acting with just battle voice? That was done with several DS rpg.

Nyoro SF

Why not just release it without voice acting with just battle voice? That was done with several DS rpg.

Yeah I don't need voicing in my RPGs, I just prefer to have text. I hope they consider bringing the improvements without voices if they have to.

komorebi

I'm sure XSEED will jump at the chance to release FC again, to find a cover for SC being pushed back once again.

supa-hot-fire.gif

Wasn't much else this was going to be after the teaser.

I honestly wonder if XSEED will bring this one over (with Japanese voices, obviously). The game is already translated, of course.

This. I wish I was hardcore/fluent enough to buy this series and play it, but how does the order even go for this series? Aren't there like 7 games now!?

This one would be the one you'd want to start with. There are older games in the series (some of which were localized for PSP?) but they don't seem to be very connected to the branch of the series that stared from FC onward.

This. I wish I was hardcore/fluent enough to buy this series and play it, but how does the order even go for this series? Aren't there like 7 games now!?

1. Trails in the Sky : First Chapter
2. Trails in the Sky : Second Chapter
3. Trails in the Sky : The Third
4. Zero no Kiseki
5. So no Kiseki
6. Sen no Kiseki
7. Sen no Kiseki II

I recall Kondo mentioning that the franchise is... halfway there?

Hikami

Hm, I like Joshua's new character art but not so much Estelle's.. Not sure what to feel.

Probably just too accustomed to the old one.

Why do companies like running their "before" comparison footage/pics through a blender. Like I played the game it did not look like a tub of vaseline was smeared on the screen. I'm sure we could appreciate the upgraded environments even without all that.

The new art does look kinda same-facey. :(

Foffy

Banned
Why do companies like running their "before" comparison footage/pics through a blender. Like I played the game it did not look like a tub of vaseline was smeared on the screen. I'm sure we could appreciate the upgraded environments even without all that.

The new art does look kinda same-facey. :(

If you make the old version look like shit, it gives the impression the new version is a substantial reworking. Ubisoft did that pretty well with one of their older games. :p

I would had massively preferred it if they went with whoever redesigned their art from Ys vs Sora no Kiseki and...
Zero/Ao no Kiseki

Stark

Banned
I really like the new designs. Estelle's great and Joshua's good, too.

I want to hear more of that arranged BGM.

Biker19

Banned
The same game as Trail of the sky as in the first chapter of the trilogy?
I have played that on the PSP (even pre-ordered the Limited edition) but please, release the second one already.

Oh great, I just bought the PSP version and I can barely play it because of how awful it looks blown up to a 42" TV (like seriously awful) hopefully this releases west really quickly.

I agree, though I hope that they would put all chapters on one Blu-Ray disc for PS4 soon (Sorry if port-begging).

Takao

Banned
I agree, though I hope that they would put all chapters on one Blu-Ray disc for PS4 soon (Sorry if port-begging).

They sold them piecemeal on PS3. I don't see them bundling them together if they can get away with the solo versions.

Don't like Estelle's new art. She seems a bit less...spirited in it. Also, (FC ending spoiler)
I don't like how Joshua's art has a more direct facing. Him suddeningly changing, being direct and trying not be emotionally distant was a huge part of the ending.

Alric

Oh god, if they actually release this on the Vita I'll sink another 60+ hours in it. Maybe follow a guide this time to do all of the side missions.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I really don't like any of Falcom's character art post-Zero/Ys7. Everything just looks like b-grade knockoffs of Enami Katsumi.

Finalow

looks like the steam/pc version with new icons and faces. (new design for the dialogue box too?)

the old ones are better, do not like this.

I just noticed that Pyramid isn't developing this time. For those of you who don't know, Pyramid developed both Crossbell Evolution games.

It could either mean that Falcom/Chara-Ani weren't happy with the technical issues/bugs in Zero/Ao Evo (Zero especially right when it came out, but Ao had some issues too) and dropped Pyramid, or they've got Pyramid working on SC already so that they can release once a year (Zero Evo was 2012, Ao Evo 2014, and Sora FC 2015 from a different developer -- plus SC is freaking huge).

Top Bottom