• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sora no Kiseki FC (Trails in the Sky FC) Evolution announced for PS Vita

Famassu

Even if it has full voice overs, couldn't they just release it subbed? I've seen quite a few JRPGs do that anyway. Doesn't seem like a primary reason for not bringing it outside of Japan.
From what I've understood, licensing Japanese voice actors for a release outside Japan can be offputting for localizers because of either some legal hurdles (shitty contract done with a VA that makes it troublesome to release outside Japan for whatever reason) or it might be very expensive (might depend on who the VAs are). So expensive that using the Japanese VA has, IIRC, sometimes actually been the more expensive option than doing English voice overs.

That said, I thought there were reasons other than voice acting that prevented these Evolution versions from coming out? Like it's not just up to XSeed & Falcom but there are other parties at play? Or was that the PC versions?

Producer

Even if it has full voice overs, couldn't they just release it subbed? I've seen quite a few JRPGs do that anyway. Doesn't seem like a primary reason for not bringing it outside of Japan.

Other companies involved, full VA, Trails FC & SC already out on PC and PSP/Vita in the west..theres no reason to bring this over.

sörine

Banned
Why not do the PS3 versions? Falcom owns them 100% so they'd probably be simpler to get rights to. PS3 software market still seems much healthier than Vita in America too. The only issue I can think of are SCEA requirements but I'd have to imagine they've probably loosened up in that regard now that PS3's EOL?

Psxphile

You fail to understand the issue at hand: it'll cost serious money to english dub every line, and it'll cost serious money to retain the japanese dub. They're not giving away all those voiced lines for free with the game, you gotta pay a separate license to use 'em... and from the sounds of things they gonna charge through the teeth for those. VAs gotta eat.

Top Bottom