• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sorry Nintendo, we've decided that Link is officially a girl

Yeah, it's just that I don't know how the series fits together chronologically because TWW is the only direct sequel that I know of which features him. Where does TP fit into the timeline; much later on than those two? Is he
in the Twilight Realm in that game
because of his defeat at the hands of Link in WW?

And I have no idea at all where the original game or ALttP fit in either, as these two and Ocarina felt more or less like remakes of the same premise.

Twilight princess is a direct sequal to majora's mask, split time line. Basically because Zelda sent link back in time at the end of Ocarina the hero no longer exists in that timeline.

Split timeline is canon my man.

Hyrule-Historia-Timeline-translated-Graphics1.jpg

Note: people have disagreed about a lot in the timeline, but it's pretty safe to say the split for child/adult link is absolutely ment to happen.

Still the same guy.

It's been a while since I've read the timeline, but if I remember right, he was sealed in the Sacred Realm after the events of Ocarina of Time, which then got corrupted and turned in to the Dark World, leading to the events of Link to the Past. He is killed in that game, but resurrected at the end of... was it the Oracle games? Something, something Link Between Worlds, then original game.

Shit's confusing.
A Link to the Past happens only when the event is Ocarina of Time don't happen I think

Also Ganondorf in Four Swords adventures is just some dude? That is also Demise I guess? I guess Link like really killed him in Twilight Princess?

Looking at that timeline makes me really wish they explored the "Decline" timeline more. Maybe once they make Zelda Souls.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
There is only one Ganondorf, he's the same guy in twilight princess, wind waker, and ocarina.

Actually, multiple there's actually at least two Ganondorfs, the one introduced in Ocarina and the one introduced in Four Swords Adventures. The others are just one or the other brought back to life or being freed from imprisonment. Ganon actually dies a whole bunch of times in different timelines; ALttP, TP and WW all feature Ganon dying rather than being imprisoned, for example.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Still the same guy.

It's been a while since I've read the timeline, but if I remember right, he was sealed in the Sacred Realm after the events of Ocarina of Time, which then got corrupted and turned in to the Dark World, leading to the events of Link to the Past. He is killed in that game, but resurrected at the end of... was it the Oracle games? Something, something Link Between Worlds, then original game.

Shit's confusing.
That's what I always assumed. He's immortal and is constantly locked away for centuries until he breaks out and has to be defeated by the next "Link" foretold by the prophecy. Why don't they just make Link immortal too and lock him in his own "prison" and set it so when Gannon escapes, Link gets to leave too to take care of business.

Like Demolition Man.

Simon Phoenix is Gannondorf
John Spartan is Link
Lenina Huxley is Zelda
Cocteau is Zant
Erwin (Rob Schneider) is Tingle
Edgar Friendly is um.. Malo

I think I just accidentally created the plot to a Legend of Zelda movie. It would be the Zelda equivalent to the Super Mario Bros. movie.

Top Bottom