• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur IV new screens (56k beware)

1197580167.jpg

Is she wearing armored high heels? I don't know why, but for some reason that gives me a chuckle.

MickeyKnox said:
Raphael?

That would be him in the first series of pics man, he's a bad motherfucker.
Yea, at first I thought that was Cervantes cuz he had that creepy undead vibe and that costume screams pirate, but he's throwing down with a rapier.

With the ability to FINALLY put these frame intensive fighters online (filling the void that the dead American arcade scene left), watch as the genre experiences a rebirth. And I couldn't be more happy.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Master Thespian said:
With the ability to FINALLY put these frame intensive fighters online (filling the void that the dead American arcade scene left), watch as the genre experiences a rebirth. And I couldn't be more happy.

I freaking hope so that way these games can get their due and I can start wooping more ass online!

vg260

VictimOfGrief said:
Who in the fuck cares? Seriously, you're in this thread for the wrong god damn reasons.

I'm in this thread because I want this game, have both systems, and am curious which one(s) it will be available for, and God forbid, may be better tailored to

Is that ok? I didn't think it was an unreasonable question I'm sorry if I upset you so much.

Looks sooo much better than Tekken. But what's the deal with the boobs? Jesus, ever since DOA is it requirement for female fighters to have huge tits spilling out of their costumes? Completely unnecessary if you ask me. Though I'm sure I'm in the massive minority on that one.

Is there a confirmed character list for this game yet? I never played SCIII so I'm not sure who even made it to that game. Specifically, can I count on Seung Mina and Talim being around?

I might have to get a 360 after all...

kbear

Wow.. Namco redeemed. Looks like they've finally got the hang of next-gen visuals.

Looks sooo much better than Tekken. But what's the deal with the boobs? Jesus, ever since DOA is it requirement for female fighters to have huge tits spilling out of their costumes? Completely unnecessary if you ask me. Though I'm sure I'm in the massive minority on that one.
Yeah, you are. :D

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
_dementia said:
motherfuck yes

But I don't see why he'd be excluded since he's appeared in the last three games (at least in the west).

yeah but you know how some fighting games do it, they might just cut him for some reason. Also I have to show some love for my boy Lizard man :D defying the laws of gravity

Grecco

Zeed said:
Is that Raphael? He looks like a child molester now.

Incredible graphics though. I might get this just for the eye candy.

I thought he looked like Alucard with the whole Vampire Bat jewewl thing :lol

Hunter D

SunkisTim535 said:

Is there a confirmed character list for this game yet? I never played SCIII so I'm not sure who even made it to that game. Specifically, can I count on Seung Mina and Talim being around?

I might have to get a 360 after all...
SC has always featured boobs.

Wow. Looks great. Can't wait to see how the Wii version looks. [face_mischief]

But seriously though I may end up buying a ps3 or 360 just to SC4 and Mortal Kombat 8. I'm a fighting game fan.

Hunter D said:
SC has always featured boobs.

Never to this degree. From my knowledge, Ivy had the most revealing costume in Soul Calibur...

bg01.jpg

screenshot_screen001.jpg

That's nothing compared to this. Sophitia looks like she's had implants and has yet to buy a new wardrobe. She's practically falling out of her top.

Desiderus

plufim said:
Between Soul Calibur 2 and 3.
I remember turning on SCIII and thinking "The fuck?" Raphael living with Amy, took over a town. Infested everyone with zombie vampire scabies. So random.

That's nothing compared to this. Sophitia looks like she's had implants and has yet to buy a new wardrobe. She's practically falling out of her top.
Just staying true to the 2D art. Sophitia always had great knockers just never went with the awesome Toga and sandals.

Ahemm...

Taki in Soul Calibur:

soulcal_screen004.jpg

Taki in Soul Calibur IV:

soulcalibur-iv-20070711053412247.jpg

YOWZA! I just don't see the need to degrade one of the best fighting series ever with this kind of treatment to the female characters. If Taki was a real woman she'd be having severe back pain instead of doing crazy backflips. I don't see the fanbase that Namco is going for here, are gamers really attracted to the fact that their female characters have huge knockers? What's appealing about a bunch of polygons?

Oh well, as long as they don't fuck up the fighting system I guess there isn't much reason to complain. Soul Calibur continues to be my favorite fighting game of all time and although none of the sequels has equaled its greatness, it looks like Namco is headed in the right direction here. Hilda in particular sounds very interesting(from IGN):

This new character, Hilda, was a striking departure from the standard Soul Calibur female warriors because of the lack of skin showing in her character model. In fact, with the exception of her mouth and chin, she shows no skin whatsoever, which is a stark contrast to Ivy's busty and scanty outfits. Hilda also stands out from other characters because she wields a short sword and spear at the same time, making her adept at both long range strikes and short range combos. Of course, Cervantes has been another fighter that has dual wielded weapons before, but Hilda constantly balances her moves between distance and close quarter attacks. In fact, we noticed a number of preliminary strikes that she used to then set up quick slashes from her sword.

medze

2real4tv said:
Whats going on with the blurry backgrounds?
Depth of Field Blur, probably only really apparent in replays

Game looks kickass though, will definitely pick it up

LCGeek

formerly sane
I'm really starting to wonder about some making the boob comment you got something against tits? If namco can bring in a few more people for my mitsu to rape so be it why should I care.

Ploid 3.0

SunkisTim535 said:
Ahemm...

Taki in Soul Calibur:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/5/198705/soulcal_screen004.jpg

Taki in Soul Calibur IV:

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/803/803748/soulcalibur-iv-20070711053412247.jpg

YOWZA! I just don't see the need to degrade one of the best fighting series ever with this kind of treatment to the female characters. If Taki was a real woman she'd be having severe back pain instead of doing crazy backflips. I don't see the fanbase that Namco is going for here...

I just don't understand the individual brest pouches in her uniform. Might as well fight with her boobs out and tape over her nipples.

For some reason I'm more attracted to Takis fit abs rather than her boobage. Seriously though its no big deal...so the females are a bit larger this time around...get used to it =).

Top Bottom