• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur IV new screens (56k beware)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Looks bland to me. The DOF sucks, I hope I can actually see the backgrounds in gameplay.

The lava rock guy looks really silly. Leave it to modern devs to not use HDR for its one good purpose.

Dali

turk128 said:
Seriously, easily more style in these than what I've seen from SF4.

They both have plenty of style, just different styles. If anything SF4 has more style seeing as how it is using extremely exaggerated body proportions as opposed to SC4 being pretty close to realistic human proportions.

turk128

Dali said:
They both have plenty of style, just different styles. If anything SF4 has more style seeing as how it is using extremely exaggerated body proportions as opposed to SC4 being pretty close to realistic human proportions.
How about aesthetically pleasing? I detest the realistic style myself but if I had to pick, I'd go with this over what they're doing in SF4. (Not to say that I think that SC4's style is realistic... just more realistic comparitively.)

Love the face model, especially the fencer.

EDIT: And what Jett said... besides the fencer, who has a great expression on his face.

keanerie

Hilda is just plain cool, and it seems like it'll be a total blast to play as her.

Can't f'in wait. I'm interested in SC for the first time since SC1.

Souther

Banned
People shouldn't be writing off Hilde yet in the boobs category.

That platemail is holding those puppies in check.

I bet she can bounce with the best of them

Plus loooks like she can swing a sword too.

Seems we have 2 german characters in IV now.

Desiderus

Emotion would come later I take it. Not like it really matters since other then the voice clip mode or winning taunts you never catch a good look of their face.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Hilda's face looks incredible, they need to make everyone's faces of that quality.

Timo

Raphael looks like an even bigger dick than usual. I hate him with a passion.

All assholes aside, this game looks marvelous. I can't wait to see who all is in it.

Desiderus said:
Emotion would come later I take it. Not like it really matters since other then the voice clip mode or winning taunts you never catch a good look of their face.
I thought she was english? Hilde... and all that...

EDIT:: eh? Did you edit your post? I could of sworn you said she was from the holy roman empire...

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Why does Astaroth look like a stupid lava monster now? Fuck. He looks more and more ridiculous in each game. I mean, SC had evil-doctors-mask-and-heart-protuding-from-his-chest. He was an evil looking bastard. SC2 had the lovable German-raver-with-orange-mohawk-and-goggles. Retarded but endearing. SCIII had retard-viking and retard-guy-with-hammer-head which were both disgusting.

And now this. :(

Desiderus

Mefisutoferesu said:
I thought she was english? Hilde... and all that...

EDIT:: eh? Did you edit your post? I could of sworn you said she was from the holy roman empire...
Ya she is from the Holy Roman Empire. Edited because I got the major nations compromising it wrong. Since this game is the 16th century or something (based off SC:L) it would be mainly German owned.

AAK

1197580166.jpg

Casca_berserk_01.jpg

2&2 said:
I'm in this thread because I want this game, have both systems, and am curious which one(s) it will be available for, and God forbid, may be better tailored to

Is that ok? I didn't think it was an unreasonable question I'm sorry if I upset you so much.

You owe it to me to buy the 360 version because I said Soul Calibur 3 was coming out on the 360.... So do me the favor and buy the 360 version, lead platform or not. k? thx.

I'm really interested in how this game performs in action. All the sticks, swords and so on. I cannot image this would work well without any noticeable clipping.

Pachinko

talimsc4.png

Talim in soul calibur 4 revealed... actually no obviously it's a half assed morph to show what everyone is afraid of happening apparently. Personally I always thought talim looked bizzare in game , her eyes were HUUGE.

K0NY

I don't have a problem with the size of the boobs. What bothers me is that they look like they are glowing from the inside. Sophitia seems to have a firefly caught in her bossom. Is this just lighting gone mad?

glowie.jpg

stop fapping!

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
SunkisTim535 said:
Well in my opinion, it detracts from the overall design of the characters. But, apparently I'm alone in that assessment.
no, you're not. but here on gaf it seems we're against the flow.

LCGeek said:
That's BS

This is one of the few games I know people both within the company and community quite well. If people ever read some of the books or seen design concepts they would realize a lot of the stuff that makes into the game is quite tame.
good. then i guess you could tell your friends in the company that there are old-time fans of the series who've been buying console after console for this game alone and who will be passing on SCiV. that just for the record.

looking forward to some knee-hanging clitoris in the next installment

Yoboman

Maztorre said:
Bizarrely, this pretty much pisses on Tekken 6. You'd think they could use the excellent rim-lighting and the soft look on the characters' skin on Tekken, they're both Namco fighters after all.

Baffling.
I don't think Tekken is going for that look at all. Tekken 6 looks amazing in it's own way. I wouldn't say SCIV "pisses" on Tekken 6 at all

medze

blu said:
then i guess you could tell your friends in the company that there are old-time fans of the series who've been buying console after console for this game alone and who will be passing on SCiV. that just for the record.
By fans you mean fan being probably just you. You're passing on this game why? Because of the art direction? Ignoring the gameplay completely? Yeah, thats sounds like a true fan to me......

Pimpbaa

blu said:
good. then i guess you could tell your friends in the company that there are old-time fans of the series who've been buying console after console for this game alone and who will be passing on SCiV. that just for the record.

Sorry, old time fans would not pass on this game just because of larger breasts (especially considering the sexualized history of the games). Gameplay is what will make or break this game. Only ones with repressed sexulity, a total lack of, would kick this much of a fuss over this.

ZeoVGM

Banned
hen i guess you could tell your friends in the company that there are old-time fans of the series who've been buying console after console for this game alone and who will be passing on SCiV. that just for the record.

:lol

Will some of you lighten the fuck up? You get to play an amazing game and look at boobs.

LET'S COMPLAIN.

Top Bottom