• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur IV new screens (56k beware)

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Dark FaZe said:
For some reason I'm more attracted to Takis fit abs rather than her boobage. Seriously though its no big deal...so the females are a bit larger this time around...get used to it =).

Seriously, she's been in the gym! well the forest!

Alex said:
Hilde is so fucking cool looking.

Oh yes. Beyond just her awesome character design, she also seems to have a lot of potential based on her weapon set. She should be an awesome character to play with.

Desiderus

Dark FaZe said:
Oh yes. Beyond just her awesome character design, she also seems to have a lot of potential based on her weapon set. She should be an awesome character to play with.
Look at those lips. She has some black in her family, I can see it.

Raistlin

Wow! This is looking way better than I thought it would ... though there is some serious uncanny valley going on.

It looks like pictures of action figures.

Dali

I wonder if these are bullshots. I mean you can see a bit of aliasing which makes you think they just be straight caps without extra AA added, but then again maybe devs are learning new ways to deceive, by only using a little extra AA for caps. Either way it looks great and I can't wait to see more characters.

LCGeek said:
I'm really starting to wonder about some making the boob comment you got something against tits? If namco can bring in a few more people for my mitsu to rape so be it why should I care.

Classy.

I just find the progression of breast enlargement somewhat amusing. Though the fanboys seem to be be delighted. Oh well, maybe it has to do with the fact that Solid Snake would get me more excited than any of these ladies, if I had a penchant for polygons that is.

Alts

Are these really that new? I do recall seeing a few pictures of Sophitia's breasts and that other character's lips drooled over in a previous thread.

Breast size aside, the character designs in SC are certainly declining.

Desiderus

Alts said:
Are these really that new? I do recall seeing a few pictures of Sophitia's breasts and that other character's lips drooled over in a previous thread.
Just bigger pics I think.
Breast size aside, the character designs in SC are certainly declining.
For Astaroth sure but Raphael never looked better.

LCGeek

formerly sane
doogles said:
Sophitia needs a breast augmentation and Hilde needs her lips injected some more.

GOTY 2008 if Cervantes is still around.

It's SC, cervantes has been in every soul game don't see why they wouldn't bring him back.

SunkisTim535 wasn't trying to be classy just don't see the point in griping about something so trivial.

LCGeek said:
SunkisTim535 wasn't trying to be classy just don't see the point in griping about something so trivial.

Well in my opinion, it detracts from the overall design of the characters. But, apparently I'm alone in that assessment. Oh well, as long as the gameplay is there, some of my favorites return(were Seung Mina and Talim in the last game?) and there are some interesting new characters(Hilda sounds and looks pretty awesome) then I'll be on board. I just can't take many of these characters seriously with their impossibly enormous breasts flapping about. It honestly makes Taki look laughable having her breasts that large. I dunno, I'll end it on that note I guess. I don't want to de-rail the thread with boob talk, though it might be a little late for that.

Desiderus

SunkisTim535 said:
It honestly makes Taki look laughable having her breasts that large. I dunno, I'll end it on that note I guess. I don't want to de-rail the thread with boob talk, though it might be a little late for that.
Soul calibur
Soul calibur II
soul edge(are those nipples?)

I declare Taki the "Boob Ninja"!

Special bonus: Legends, now those are nipples!

Personally I don't play with Taki so ain't my problem. I do remember my girl Xianghua having bounce in SCII though.

Pimpbaa

SunkisTim535 said:
YOWZA! I just don't see the need to degrade one of the best fighting series ever with this kind of treatment to the female characters. If Taki was a real woman she'd be having severe back pain instead of doing crazy backflips. I don't see the fanbase that Namco is going for here, are gamers really attracted to the fact that their female characters have huge knockers? What's appealing about a bunch of polygons?

Every freaking SCIV thread!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Raphael looks fucking BAD FUCKING ASS!!

This game will buy a next gen console...and I'm not sure I can wait for $299 and FFXIII. :(

7Th

bdouble said:
Damn Sophitia looks like that I can't wait to see what they did to Talim. :D

If this happens, I'll kill you on your sleep. Hopefully Amy is still around, anyway.

Dali

7Th said:
If this happens, I'll kill you on your sleep. Hopefully Amy is still around, anyway.

I'm sure you'll be able to make her. I hope they keep the bullshit characters off the character selection screen and leave that entirely up to player creation. I'd like to see a real return of Li Long and errr... that Korean swordsman who's name I forget, not the half-assed create-a-character versions.

Pimpbaa

bdouble said:
Damn Sophitia looks like that I can't wait to see what they did to Talim. :D

Yeah, Talim needs to grow up sooner or later. Although she has a cool moveset, I think having children in fighting games is silly.

Rezbit

Hope this plays well. Oh, and if it has an awesome intro like Soul Edge, complete with inspirational lyrics - GAME OF FOREVER.

7Th

Pimpbaa said:
Yeah, Talim needs to grow up sooner or later. Although she has a cool moveset, I think having children in fighting games is silly.

No, it isn't. B.B. Hood was the better part of Darkstalkers' legacy.

Desiderus

Dali said:
I'd like to see a real return of Li Long and errr... that Korean swordsman who's name I forget, not the half-assed create-a-character versions.
Hwang Seong-gyeong ?

<------ French girls have amazing lips.
And where do they get it from? Us because we are nice people like that!

LCGeek

formerly sane
SunkisTim535 said:
Well in my opinion, it detracts from the overall design of the characters. But, apparently I'm alone in that assessment. Oh well, as long as the gameplay is there, some of my favorites return(were Seung Mina and Talim in the last game?) and there are some interesting new characters(Hilda sounds and looks pretty awesome) then I'll be on board. I just can't take many of these characters seriously with their impossibly enormous breasts flapping about. It honestly makes Taki look laughable having her breasts that large. I dunno, I'll end it on that note I guess. I don't want to de-rail the thread with boob talk, though it might be a little late for that.

That's BS

This is one of the few games I know people both within the company and community quite well. If people ever read some of the books or seen design concepts they would realize a lot of the stuff that makes into the game is quite tame.

Breasts aren't all that big, except ivy. BTW look up chelsea charms on youtube and look for a radio interview she has XXX breasts and dispels the notion of big boobs equal big back problems. You only get back problems if you lack support and don't work that part of the body out.

Also the thought of you taking the game seriously is funny considering some moves like an unblockable let alone other stuff in the game serious let alone realistic.

Edit - Dali both Li Long and Hwang are in SC3:AE unforunately blame namco for fucking up that title so much.

Akai

Pimpbaa said:
In a game now full of basketballs, I'd rather there be at least one female character that is not as well-endowed... =|

Dali

LCGeek said:
Edit - Dali both Li Long and Hwang are in SC3:AE unforunately blame namco for fucking up that title so much.

Are they the same versions in the arcade as they are in the console version of SCIII?

Desiderus

Akai said:
In a game now full of basketballs, I'd rather there be at least one female character that is not as well-endowed... =|
I see Talim getting something noticeable since she is around 18 now.

LCGeek said:
Breasts aren't all that big, except ivy. BTW look up chelsea charms on youtube and look for a radio interview she has XXX breasts and dispels the notion of big boobs equal big back problems. You only get back problems if you lack support and don't work that part of the body out.

Hahaha, she sounds like quite the reliable source.

Desiderus

7Th said:
Not every female grows the same, consider the newly revealed Hilda herself.
Noticeable as in a A-B cup size instead of pancake. Was using age as a child to adult character change. Geeze keep your loli dreams to yourself.

edit: Maybe loli isn't the right word because I'll smash this too. How about, 10 year old boy bodies?

LCGeek

formerly sane
SunkisTim535 said:
Hahaha, she sounds like quite the reliable source.

Why not? One says big breasts bad back, woman with the biggest breasts says otherwise. Not saying the issue doesn't occur I'm aware of the fact just saying the size of the breast impacts the situation far less than how one takes care of themselves in that area. A bra and exercising have far more to do with breast back problems than the breast itself.

Desiderus

DIrtyWeasel said:
I hope you're right. That would be terrible if the background was blurred to that extent during battles.
Would be a real pity. I love the battlefields, they improve constantly, just give me two or three multi-tier levels and I am gold.

7Th

Desiderus said:
Noticeable as in a A-B cup size instead of pancake. Was using age as a child to adult character change. Geeze keep your loli dreams to yourself.

edit: Maybe loli isn't the right word because I'll smash this too. How about, 10 year old boy bodies?

C'mon, I thought you meant "noticeable" as in measured against the rest of the SC4 cast.

Desiderus

7Th said:
C'mon, I thought you meant "noticeable" as in measured against the rest of the SC4 cast.
Nope, I don't expect nothing bigger then a B for Talim.

People always get confused by my shitty sentence structure. I should just start posting like this:

Talim B cup

Taki always big, pics here and here

I brought SCIII just for Ivy's boobs.

SCIII not good but boobs.

Top Bottom