• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

baekshi

Banned
I didn't import. I have no idea what's going on then as I still haven't unlocked the "Several Years Later" questline. Oh dear.

I think you have no idea what you're doing

So have you completed the first story of Avalon, Sanctuarium and Grim?

Please report back after you do this.

I think you have no idea what you're doing

So have you completed the first story of Avalon, Sanctuarium and Grim?

Please report back after you do this.
I didn't import cus it was a US copy on my US PSN account and I've since moved to the UK so am now using a UK account and a UK copy of SSD. So I couldn't import. And I've completed Red's quests and Carnatux's quests.
Have you done the first chapter in the Sanctuarium pact quests? The one with Sympatha.
I'm about to do that. Will that fix it?

baekshi

Banned
I didn't import cus it was a US copy on my US PSN account and I've since moved to the UK so am now using a UK account and a UK copy of SSD. So I couldn't import. And I've completed Red's quests and Carnatux's quests.

I'm about to do that. Will that fix it?

Yes please do the first chapter of sanctuarium.

Why did you have to switch account after moving?

Pretty sure you need to do the first chapter of each faction first, yeah.
Yup, it's shame they didn't properly guide how to unlock the chapters when it came over here :/

Yes please do the first chapter of sanctuarium.

Why did you have to switch account after moving?

Yup, it's shame they didn't properly guide how to unlock the chapters when it came over here :/
Because I didn't have a way to purchase US games after that, and I wanted to be able to purchase UK digital games. :) Thanks for the help though.

I did the first chapter in Sanctuarium and it still hasn't unlocked anything except Heretic Saviour Ch 2.

ramyeon

Because I didn't have a way to purchase US games after that, and I wanted to be able to purchase UK digital games. :) Thanks for the help though.

I did the first chapter in Sanctuarium and it still hasn't unlocked anything except Heretic Saviour Ch 2.
I mean you have to complete the whole first story arc, sorry. Bad wording. There should be 4 chapters.

baekshi

Banned

Not first chapter of the Heretic Savior, first chapter of the Sanctuarium or the whole story of Sympatha I mean

sjay1994

Is the community lively?

I'm thinking about dling it now, when it becomes free for plus, or skipping it and getting freedom wars.

I mean you have to complete the whole first story arc, sorry. Bad wording. There should be 4 chapters.
Not first chapter of the Heretic Savior, first chapter of the Sanctuarium or the whole story of Sympatha I mean
Oh right, okay. I will give that a try :p
Thanks for all the help btw. I was really worried cus I don't remember doing this with SS and I thought I had a glitched save so was close to restarting. :p

ZeroAKA

Is the community lively?

I'm thinking about dling it now, when it becomes free for plus, or skipping it and getting freedom wars.
It couldn't hurt to buy this now if you want SCEJA to continue localizing high-quality Vita exclusives such as this, Freedom Wars, and Oreshika.

baekshi

Banned
Is the community lively?

The online lively as far as I know

I did run of 44 floors last with a friend and 2 randoms! We could probably go further but one of them left

nynt9

So what's a build that's recommended to be fun? Most battles end up with me wailing on enemies endlessly and it's not very fun. I don't really know a lot about builds in this game.

Steel

Banned
So what's a build that's recommended to be fun? Most battles end up with me wailing on enemies endlessly and it's not very fun. I don't really know a lot about builds in this game.

I enjoy my melee build with a mole claw combo. I add in a damage+ tree and a blood spell for good measure. It helps you conserve offerings on bosses in alice's maze and keeps you on your toes with dodging.

ZeroAKA

New psychic link went up today, get your Toadess Headgear+ today!
Read it as Toadstool and was disappointed to find out it's not related to Mario. :(
ir6Qmaf.jpg
Seriously though, this looks terrible.

Redhood

Read it as Toadstool and was disappointed to find out it's not related to Mario. :(

Yes! Just got this now and its terrible. Oh well another one towards that 50 trophy! I wonder how many of these are already there in the game? Blank pages are the only way to get them.

Pics_nao

Bought the game a few nights ago. While everything goes down super fast, I find all the new enemies somewhat difficult if I'm not hitting them hard from the get-go, DLC bosses from Vanilla included. Maybe it's because I'm so underleveled at the point but goddamn do I die really fast.

I dunno, in my endless quest to make my character look as sinister as fuck I am looking forward to getting that headpiece.

Also, big respect for anyone whose got to floor 6 on Alice and kept going. I did it recently and barely got out with a drop of health after sacrificing my brain, both my AI allies and most of my offerings.

Redhood

Bought the game a few nights ago. While everything goes down super fast, I find all the new enemies somewhat difficult if I'm not hitting them hard from the get-go, DLC bosses from Vanilla included. Maybe it's because I'm so underleveled at the point but goddamn do I die really fast.

Nope some of them are bitchin hard. Iron Virgin still makes me shudder.

Redhood

I dunno, in my endless quest to make my character look as sinister as fuck I am looking forward to getting that headpiece.

Also, big respect for anyone whose got to floor 6 on Alice and kept going. I did it recently and barely got out with a drop of health after sacrificing my brain, both my AI allies and most of my offerings.

Raise you AI Allies to S rank and they will rarely die. As for offering go for 3 starred black offerings. I will go as far to say that Alice maze is unbalanced for Avalon users. Sanctuarium & Grim people can go very far with weopan and spear heart sigils and their use count. Also sanct can also use blood magic that is basically infinite.

ZeroAKA

Raise you AI Allies to S rank and they will rarely die. As for offering go for 3 starred black offerings. I will go as far to say that Alice maze is unbalanced for Avalon users. Sanctuarium & Grim people can go very far with weopan and spear heart sigils and their use count. Also sanct can also use blood magic that is basically infinite.
Arms on the Avalon side do the exact same thing. The black version of the electric arm offering from the Toukiden monster does 390 damage per hit.

Thanks for the advice, I'm actually rocking a Grim weapon build, at this point I think I just need to keep grinding out those heart and arm sigils and ally ranks.

Magus00

I am regularly online and have gone as far as floor 22 (solo). Having played all 3 factions now (up to 11200 sp), Avalon definitely feels like it doesn't have the same staying power as the other two in the Alice Maze.

Otherwise my Avalon (explosive) build kills much faster than my Sanc (spear) or Grim (weapon) builds.

Add me:
PSN: Magus00

Redhood

Thanks for the advice, I'm actually rocking a Grim weapon build, at this point I think I just need to keep grinding out those heart and arm sigils and ally ranks.

Grinding is really really slow for ally ranks. Better to give them the same offerings of same level that they are having it raises the level faster.

Dsyndrome

New DLC released on 7/17/2014:
Fifth DLC

Additional Pacts IX, includes:
Moonshadow Wolfman Wanderers
Dust Road War Mother's Warcry
Cat Prince's Carriage Caper

Arthos

Debating whether or not to get this. I have the original downloaded via PS+ but haven't given it a shot. Is the game worth getting and do many of you still play?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Debating whether or not to get this. I have the original downloaded via PS+ but haven't given it a shot. Is the game worth getting and do many of you still play?
If you do plan on playing the game at all, skip the first and go with Delta. I haven't been playing as much due to work, and it's killing me.

I play daily during commutes, almost to the exclusion of everything else; it's that addicting. Also, skip vanilla; Delta is much, much more polished, more rounded up in terms of content and even mechanics. Vanilla feels like an early beta by comparison. Delta contains every single piece of content in Vanilla (all stages, all monsters including DLC ones, all spells and all story chapters), remixed with new content so it's much less repetitive. Vanilla didn't remix its own DLC monsters into the regular story and pacts, so you fought the same handful of bosses quite a few times at first; Delta mixes vanilla monsters, vanilla DLC monsters AND Delta specific monsters throughout the entire game.

baekshi

Banned
New psychic link!

Singer's Hat

7/24/2014 - 8/13/2014

Also if you haven't checked out new local rumor from last week;

Want++ S - Increases chance of +++

Top Bottom