• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur V |OT| Go home and be a salary man!

notworksafe

This question goes to any SCV tourney organizer: is it a way to use a save file on multiple offline 360's to get all the characters unlocked as fast as possible?
Not sure about 360, but you can't do that on PS3. We unlocked characters for tourneys by just mashing only B constantly. Takes about 15 mins and works for every fight but the last two.

Degen

You could probably use an account with PlayStation Plus on multiple PS3s to transfer the save file via cloud storage, but the whole "offline" and "360" thing might make that difficult

Anybody on PSN still playing this? I sure hope that Worst Fighter X Tekken didn't win you guys over

Doomshine

Do you need to have the same account the save file came from on all the ps3's or something? I've been transferring my save file on a USB stick between 2 ps3's regularly with no problem.

Degen said:
Anybody on PSN still playing this? I sure hope that Worst Fighter X Tekken didn't win you guys over
I'm still playing when I can, the game just seems dead on GAF.

I juggle quite a few online games, with MW3, Tribes Ascend and Soul Calibur being my mains. But I also like Skullgirls, SFxT and ME3's MP.

No reason you can't like multiple games, y'know.

GrayFoxPL

I juggle quite a few online games, with MW3, Tribes Ascend and Soul Calibur being my mains. But I also like Skullgirls, SFxT and ME3's MP.

No reason you can't like multiple games, y'know.

No way I have time or concentration to play multiple online games at once.

When I said I got SCV just to hold me over to SFxTK I meant it.

Skilletor

I still play on PSN. It's getting more difficult to find matches (on both PSN/XBL).

I'm not on much, but when I am, I am down for games.

Skillzilla81 on PSN/XBL

(I play just about every fighter.)

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Well... Ok.

Patch 1.03 is out.

That is apparently all. Namco released no patch details. Supposedly it's mainly addressing glitches. Also supposed to fix online a bit.

Known stuff:

Leixia 2x CE combo is removed.

Mitsu 236(B) glitch fixed

Back turned characters (Voldo especially) cannot duck Asta/Ivy CE

Algol also lost a 2 BE 150 damage combo.

http://8wayrun.com/threads/patch-1-03-out.12952/

njean777

What the game needs really is buffs to Mitsu and Nightmare*. I'm afraid they may end up losing a match to the rest of the cast if things are left as they are.

*I don't think they are really all that.

WTF a buff for Mistsu? are you fucking joking? The guy can take half of your life in 3 hits. He needs no buffs if anything he needs nerfs really bad. His mix ups are unbelievably good.

I don't get the point of the ZWEI nerf at all...

WTF a buff for Mistsu? are you fucking joking? The guy can take half of your life in 3 hits. He needs no buffs if anything he needs nerfs really bad. His mix ups are unbelievably good.

The joke
You

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I think 4B needs to break guard instantly. Also 66BB should track better and have an active auto GI for the move's duration.*

*I was kidding.

Degen

Swagfried dodges more bullets (since the first nerf wave didn't do a thing).

loool @ zwei. this is what they think of you, zwei

Slightly OT, but I just got the original version of Soul Calibur delivered to me. Plugged it in and played through arcade mode once. I need to do some wiring for the guard buttons so there was some extra challenge, but it's pretty awesome to see how well the gameplay in this game holds up. Of course, graphically the arcade version is laughably inferior to the DC edition.

Didn't think of that, but I don't want to mess too much with the switches since this game has all the time release characters unlocked, and I don't want to have it running for months to get Siegfried back.

Please tell me there's a hilarious "Arthur" dip switch in there somewhere.
Nah, I'm pretty sure that was a completely different version of the disk. It also swapped Xianghua and Hwang around so you had to unlock her instead of him. We had that version at our school. Aaaarr-thur.

Soooo, I recently took the time to read some threads down over at 8wayrun and I found this goldmine.

http://8wayrun.com/threads/patch-1-03-out.12952/

I wish I had that level of perseverance to drop my character at the drop of a hat.
lHKoB.gif

ahahahahhhahahahhahah

Doomshine

There seems to be an incredible amount bitching about this game in general. All I see is people going on about how ass their character is and how they are giving up. I'm pretty sure every character now considered to be top tier was proclaimed bad at one point.

Fine, I'll join in. I lost because of a clean hit yesterday against an A ranked Natsu player, he had a millimeter left in health. I rolled back because he had no meter and I was sure that he had nothing that could kill me even if he guessed right. Yes, I was incredibly salty.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
The salt is delicuous. Especially after the online tournament. I apparently forced a kid to sell his game and run back to Tekken of all things.

Degen

I think trying to get good with a "flawed" fighting game character is a lot more rewarding

otherwise, I feel like the character won the match and not me, and losing is that much worse

It was probably for the best.

http://youtu.be/pCOld0iS4ug

Basically the guy's whole M.O. throughout the tournament was to rage and blame the game for his shortcomings. Learn the game system? Nah. Rant about how Tekken's a real fighter.

i count 3 perfect in this vid , and aside from the last round ( impressive finale really ) i don't see the problem except that a fast character is hard to handle with a slow character.

Very good vid BTW

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
The problem with that Asta is Hardwire didn't know when to punish. He kept trying to THROW during my 4BB string and my 44BB so he kept eating damage that he was basically giving to me for free.

Kind of amazing that he blamed the game and lag for his troubles.

Degen

I've found myself sandbagging a little bit recently. Guess I don't want all these E5s that I only see on New DLC Costume Day to drop the game.

Speaking of which, I may have to get that King gear lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Was online on XBL the past few days and had a hard time finding ranked matches. There were very few player rooms up and New York would be constantly at 100% with all the other global lobbies empty. :/

It was probably for the best.

http://youtu.be/pCOld0iS4ug

Basically the guy's whole M.O. throughout the tournament was to rage and blame the game for his shortcomings. Learn the game system? Nah. Rant about how Tekken's a real fighter.

You're Joe Ottoson!? I had no idea, LOL.

Alx

I played online yesterday and got many good ranked matches, even though I still win 1 in 3 in general... met my first A1 opponent (a Voldo with kitten gloves IIRC), I lost of course but I was rather proud of winning one round and putting a good fight on the others. :)

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Was online on XBL the past few days and had a hard time finding ranked matches. There were very few player rooms up and New York would be constantly at 100% with all the other global lobbies empty. :/
The NY lobby's kind of a wasteland too when it comes to finding decent players.

You're Joe Ottoson!? I had no idea, LOL.

Yeah. I said as much on that other forum when people were speculating on my death ages back. ;)

Top Bottom