• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Dakota House passes bill to legalise anti-LGBT discrimination in adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

The House of Representatives in the state of South Dakota has passed a bill which would legalise discrimination by adoption agencies based on religious grounds.

The bill, SB149, was passed by the Senate Health and Human Services Committee last week and on Wednesday last week passed by the full Senate.

It has now been passed by the House with 43 votes to 20.

As the House put forward an amendment to the bill, it will need to go back to the Senate for a further vote.

The bill’s main sponsor Republican Rep. Steven Haugaard, said it is “proactive and pre-emptive”, in order to allow adoption agencies to “exercise their faith, and it’s not going to impact or negatively affect the good work that they’ve done for decades.”

As well as all this, the bill would protect agencies which refer LGBT+ children to ‘conversion’ therapies, and would mean they could not lose their licence over this.

Good old South Dakota....

Shit like this pisses me off

As well as all this, the bill would protect agencies which refer LGBT+ children to ‘conversion’ therapies, and would mean they could not lose their licence over this.

This is probably the worst bit. Knowing some LGBT kid who already has gone through a lot having the misfortune to wind up in an agencies care that tries to repress their sexuality and fuck them up even further is extremely disgusting.

This has me fucking PISSED.
Like, this is straight-up state sponsored torture of children. Full stop. Fuck off, you backwards bunch of cocks. I can't wait for people to come in here and defend this shit-spewing state.
Goodbye, human agency.

Foffy

Banned
Supporting conversion therapy?

Well, it is something the GOP would support. I mean, they actively stand against the wellbeing of human beings, so why would they not support electroshock therapy and blaming people for innate causes by propagandizing them as inferred issues of filth because their religious cancer didn't ever consider homosexuality as a natural happening?

Prevents adoption and also forces kids to go through therapy that has been proven to do nothing but damage these kids. They love preaching about Jesus, but these people are doing the exact opposite of his teachings. It's quite ironic and sad. I really hope that whoever tries to harm these kids be punished one day. The government turned it's back on the marginalized minorities. What's left is the strength of people going up against this.

Salamando

Crazy idea here - what if you take all the money you spent on gay conversion, and spent it on kids with actual mental illnesses?

This is how you drive children to suicide - take children already prone to mental and behavioral issues, reduce the number of loving parents that can adopt them, and tell them there's something fundamentally wrong with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom