• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Season 15 Thread Of Celebrity Meltdowns And Topical Comedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ChiTownBuffalo said:
What amuses me the most is:

1. The hospital looks exactly like University Hospital, run by CU.

2. The CU president's office, is laid out exactly like that.

You'd almost think the show was made by two guys from Colorado and who went to CU....

Murkas

Very good episode. The whole thing with Peter Moore and slash made me lol hard.

Any translations for the Slash carol yet?

markot

Banned
Great episode.

Its crazy how much money is made off these kids.

(Also you Americans take high school and college sports too srsly >_<)

Murkas said:
Very good episode. The whole thing with Peter Moore and slash made me lol hard.

Any translations for the Slash carol yet?
Well, it's not Dutch, but it's very similar to a Dutch song called "Sinterklaas Kapoentje". :lol

There's definitely a reference to Axl Rose in there, as well, though.

Plissken

Watched this today on their website, and right before was an ad for L.A. Noire. Then the episode has a parody of the exact "tailing the suspect"-type mission I completed last night in L.A. Noire, complete with the jazz music, awesome. :)

Suairyu

Banned
First fully entirely on-form episode of the season, second watchable one (after Royal wedding).

Honestly, I'm beginning to think the done-in-a-week is burning them out. Gems like this week's episode are getting more and more infrequent with each passing year.

Scarecrow

So, do the South Park animators have an algorithm set up for animating the mouths of the character when they talk? Watching the mouth movements, it looks like it'd be a time consuming endeavor.

Oreoleo

Scarecrow said:
So, do the South Park animators have an algorithm set up for animating the mouths of the character when they talk? Watching the mouth movements, it looks like it'd be a time consuming endeavor.

They probably have a system where they feed the PC the dialog and it pops out the appropriate mouth movements. I believe Valve does the same thing with their Source games (Half-Life 2, Left 4 Dead, etc)

CassSept

Clydefrog said:
I think so, but they've done so much stuff related to gaming in general: http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/Video_Games
I know I know, I've watched all the eipsodes of south park, some of them several times, so of course I do remember all the references throughout the years. That's why I specifically asked about industry people because I couldn't remember any before.

isny said:
Didn't the WoW episode have Blizzard devs in it?
Well, they technically had Blizzard's staff, but if I recall correctly they were just random made up people, not anyone in particular.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
ChiTownBuffalo said:
What amuses me the most is:

1. The hospital looks exactly like University Hospital, run by CU.

2. The CU president's office, is laid out exactly like that.

Parker and Stone both went to the University of Colorado at Boulder. That's where they met.

Rich!

Scarecrow said:

I coded a system like that on Adobe After Effects in my Uni degree (took the wavelength of some speech in a *.wav and then worked from that automatically). It's real easy to do when you know how.

Unfortunately now I'm stupid and I can't remember how to do it! My old docs are around somewhere though.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Scarecrow said:

There's a crew of 5 that has that job. That's what they do . . just lip sync.

Rich!

Fidelis Hodie said:
There's a crew of 5 that has that job. That's what they do . . just lip sync.

Heh. Obviously an automatic one wouldn't be brilliant. My one was servicable, but you need hands on work to choose the right expressions for speech - you'd have to draw them as you go along to get South Park's level of variety rather than rotate through a collection of 20 like I did!

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
daw840 said:
Holy shit, this is one of the more offensive episodes in a long time. I love it!
I was actually not offended by this episode. In any case, some of the references were lost to me.

squicken

I liked the episode and loved the Peter Moore stuff. I also liked the sight gags (2up.com Best of E3) and the Slash stuff.

Very odd thing about how much they shit on EA this episode. They have done some very Activision friendly episodes. The Guitar Hero and CoD episodes were almost infomercials, and Blizzard actually helped make the WoW episode. I'm not saying it's anything fishy, it's just odd

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Amazing episode! I enjoyed it all the way through.

It ended veery abruptly, though. Probably because I was smiling so much.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
City Sushi

southpark-1506-city-sushi-press-release.jpg

CLIP: http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/385880/tender-loving-medication

It's time for Butters to learn the truth about himself in an all-new episode of "South Park" titled "City Sushi," premiering on Wednesday, June 1 at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central.

Butters is diagnosed with multiple personality disorder. The boys want to help Butters find out what's really happening to him but Butters may not like what they find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom