• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Season 21 |OT| 'member Self-Contained Episodes?

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I've seen a few people recently do 23, generally are white, and are so fascinated by the 2% of some other ethnicity they are. Apparently it's a common thing enough that Parker incorporated it into an episode.

Yeah everyone seems to be doing it. My girlfriends family all did it and they are getting me one for Christmas to do as well.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I laughed way too hard at "You have to overdo it in today's society Stan. You can't be nuanced and subtle anymore or else critics go 'Wow, what was the point of that?'"

Weak first episode, amazing second, and pretty good third. Glad they seem to have shaken off what felt like a tired, nervous beginning and now they're delivering on-fire classic South Park again.

Matt and Trey's efforts here make me think the new game might be just as good as this too. Looking forward to next week.

Weak first episode, amazing second, and pretty good third. Glad they seem to have shaken off what felt like a tired, nervous beginning and now they're delivering on-fire classic South Park again.

Matt and Trey's efforts here make me think the new game might be just as good as this too. Looking forward to next week.

weak first episode seemed more because they don't really know what to do when a real life event or person is already a joke.

They couldn't do Garrison Trump as a central figure. They couldn't do the white fascists. Garrison as twitter posts worked great though.

CassSept

Fun episode. Better than anything in season 20. Maybe better than better than anything in season 19. Also the first one in a long time without Heidi subplot and that was a plus.

I laughed way too hard at "You have to overdo it in today's society Stan. You can't be nuanced and subtle anymore or else critics go 'Wow, what was the point of that?'"

South Park had never been the most subtle show, sure, but not surprised they did that given the reaction to their statement about not wanting to harp consistently on Trump next season after they did entire season on US elections and borderline endorsed Hillary. And still people called them alt-right enablers. So yeah.

gun_haver

so for me it goes so far:

ep1: bad, uh, really bad
ep2: actuallly pretty good
ep3: i guess it was okay, felt like a retread.

so i'm up for more.

Randam

is it just me, or were they mocking the left protesters, that want to take down statues, oder organisations like BLM?

abundant

is it just me, or were they mocking the left protesters, that want to take down statues, oder organisations like BLM?

I think they were mocking those protesters who only protest because it makes them look good. Randy was a hardcore Christopher Columbus fanboy until it wasn't good to be one, so he ditched everything he believed in and jumped on the anti-Columbus bandwagon, even though he didn't really care what they were fighting for.

PillarEN

This third episode got me good. Like how essentially the white man was once again completely screwing over the native all for his own gain. Oops Randy.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They'll be off this week, after the sixth episode and after the eighth episode. I predict next week's episode will be related to The Fractured But Whole (comes out the Tuesday afterwards)

MIMIC

Banned
Wait...was that last South Park episode (or the song, at least) a play on that suicide song on the radio?

sp-2104-news-episode-announcement_v01.jpg

Professor Chaos has found the perfect tool to spread lies and misinformation about Coon and friends. In trying to save their reputation, the boys come face to face with Mark Zuckerberg.

I've had a lot of conflicting feelings towards social media lately, so I'm already digging this.

Audioboxer

I don't think it'll top the world of warcraft episode which is still one of my favourites. Will probably be more about Facebook than actual gaming.

Audioboxer

Where are you seeing anything about gaming? Am confused

I inferred Butters dressed up as he is on the trailer might lead to something to do with gaming. Plus it tying into the actual game. I accept it will largely be paying service to the story in the game, not the fact it is a game. It's just wishful thinking on my part and some hope they "break the forth wall" and somehow implement gaming into the episode about the game.

That plus I think I'm longing for another episode on games as we've moved back to self contained episodes. The world of warcraft and freemium episodes were brilliant.

Top Bottom