• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Season 21 |OT| 'member Self-Contained Episodes?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I think the joke was supposed to be that he is so removed from thinking like a normal human that he acts like a 10 year old that thinks they have super powers. He can't have a normal conversation anymore and deflects any of the real concerns the parents have by talking about his style being unblockable. I think it was also to mock that he doesn't have a very powerful or commanding voice, so Zuckerberg literally has his voice "dubbed".

The dub thing kind of didn't work because at first it just sounded like a sound malfunction. It sounded like Trey mumbling into a broken mic.

Tuck

Lol that was a very weird (but very funny) approach to portraying Zuckerberg.

Solid episode, good lead in to the game.

Previous

check out my new Swatch
Pretty good lead in for the game.

Anybody else still noticing that the audio mixing this season is beyond terrible? I could barely understand the dialog in certain parts of this episode.

Razorback

I didn't really understand what they were going for with the Zuckerberg voice, but I can't say it wasn't hilarious.

"You can't block my stoyle!"

What does that even... who came up with that? lol

I haven't really watched any South Park in a few years, and the couple episodes that I did catch were hit and miss, but Put it Down and Franchise Prequel were two really good episodes. The Put it Down song was probably one of the best endings to a South Park episode (right next to the free Willzyx ending).

-shadow-

Don't get why people think it's a good episode, thought it was just 'meh'... Zuckerberg did absolutely nothing for me and the kids getting setting him up along with Putin were the only two parts that made me laugh. Not terrible, but not really anything decent either.

Don't get why people think it's a good episode, thought it was just 'meh'... Zuckerberg did absolutely nothing for me and the kids getting setting him up along with Putin were the only two parts that made me laugh. Not terrible, but not really anything decent either.

That's how I feel about this whole season so far. Not bad but also not to great either.

SKINNER!

Banned
That's how I feel about this whole season so far. Not bad but also not to great either.

Same. There's something off about the writing. It's not bad but it's not fantastic either. Which is a shame given how the show was hitting it out the park prior to last season.

They were trying really hard to make that whole "stoyle!" joke work if you ask me. I loved the old-style kung fu villain joke but it looked like they were limited with what jokes to use. The "stoyle" thing got so tiring after the second time it was mentioned.

The Putin part felt shoehorned. Watching the first part of the episode I assumed they were going to do a subtle storyline that hinted on the whole fake news thing but I felt it never fully flourished. Having the Putin scene at the end gave it a whole "did you get it??? The episode is about Russia using Facebook to mess up the US!! Get it??" vibe that didn't resonate well with me given how it was literally spelled out. Quite uncooked.

Comic book stuff was awesome. No criticism about that.

Stuart444

New South Park episode "Hummels & Heroin" for October 18th.
http://southpark.cc.com/blog/2017/10/16/episode-2105-hummels-heroin-press-release

Description: Beloved entertainers are being cut down in their prime due to massive overdoses of opiates. Stan is about to be exposed as the source of the illegal drugs.

Preview Clip: http://southpark.cc.com/clips/5vnt83/one-of-our-greatest-entertainers

Any youtube preview clip? Ones from that site don't work for the UK >_<

kyoya

I knew Josh Gad was helping out with writing on the show, but I did not expect him to voice a character in this week's opioid epidemic episode.

PillarEN

Didn't really resonate. Even when they cover something in pop culture without me knowing it, I get it, but I didn't get the Mark Zuckerberg thing. What he was doing or the voice. Whereas abuse on Facebook or the part with Putin I could infer even if I was unaware of such things.

So a thumbs down for me. None of the Zuck stuff hit, unfortunately.

EDIT: Surprised they got the Weinstein joke in. Maybe that scandal was around for longer than I thought. In my head it would have been around the time the show broadcasted, but it must have been earlier in the week.

"...I thought Civil War wasn't supposed to happen until Phase 3?"

"Shut up, Super Craig."

This part made me laugh and I don't even know why.

New South Park episode "Hummels & Heroin" for October 18th.
http://southpark.cc.com/blog/2017/10/16/episode-2105-hummels-heroin-press-release

Description: Beloved entertainers are being cut down in their prime due to massive overdoses of opiates. Stan is about to be exposed as the source of the illegal drugs.

Preview Clip: http://southpark.cc.com/clips/5vnt83/one-of-our-greatest-entertainers

Is this a thing happening recently?

Doesn't sound like something Stan would do.

Pretty sure the Zuckerberg “joke” is referencing this video:

https://youtu.be/ZGLPxEv_EWo

Pretty sure Zuck dubbed over his voice for the video to his mouth flaps (especially at 14 seconds), hence Matt and Trey making him sound like a Zentai dub. That said it still fell pretty flat. Don’t know why they based anything off a 9 month old video as if it were current.

Top Bottom