• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park' Season 21 Takes on White Nationalist Movement

game-boi

I don't think you understand what satire is.

I think King of the Hill is somewhat similar, people who casually watch the show think it's about some rednecks in the south, when it is really just making of fun of said people.

giphy.gif

RPGCrazied

So does that mean this season won't have the one off stories? Seasons are only 10 episodes so, I'm guessing this season will be about this.

Next season perhaps?

Ooccoo

So does that mean this season won't have the one off stories? Seasons are only 10 episodes so, I'm guessing this season will be about this.

Next season perhaps?

All episodes are one and done. At least that's what Trey and Matt implied. Back to basics.

DarkKyo

Given their "Both sides" bullshit and how hard they went in on "PC = evil" , I'm surprised they would do this at all. Especially given they cater to these fuckwads.

I don't recall them saying PC was evil, perhaps you are using hyperbole to go all in on an opinion that's not really backed up by any actual evidence. They poked fun at PC culture years ago, time to get over it. ^also yeah PC Principal was awesome

I'm as liberal and progressive as they come and I'm a huge fan, so we don't all share your opinion.

That PC Principal season really fucked with people didn't it. Years later and it's still being misunderstood and misinterpreted. I never thought South Park would be seen as being too subtle of all things.

Ekai

I don't recall them saying PC was evil, perhaps you are using hyperbole to go all in on an opinion that's not really backed up by any actual evidence. They poked fun at PC culture years ago, time to get over it. ^also yeah PC Principal was awesome

I'm as liberal and progressive as they come and I'm a huge fan, so we don't all share your opinion.

Given how much they've shit on anything remotely left-wing and defended stuff that was even remotely right-wing I have a hard time believing you here in regards to them not saying PC is evil. Especially the claim there's no evidence when plenty of others have outlined their shitty positions in the past.

Go rewatch the pc season, pc principal was the hero

I don't care to rewatch a full season of "PC culture is out of control" which is what rightie fuckwad's loved about it.

You just said that the viewerbase are white supremacists in a thread for people who watch South Park. You JUST SAID IT.

Their main viewerbase, yes. I never said anyone here specifically was but good job trying to put words in my mouth. Super fricking appreciated.

Cagey

Banned
I don't recall doing that but good job putting words in my mouth.

I am part of the South Park viewerbase.

South Park season 21 takes on white supremacists.

You said South Park takes on its viewerbase (of white supremacists).

You called me a white supremacist.

I don't appreciate that.

I think a lot of people in this thread are upset that South Park isn't the show that THEY want it to be. Thank goodness it's Matt and Trey's show. It's kind of nice to have a show that 100% doesn't align with your viewpoint all the time. You may even learn something. Plus it isn't exactly a bad thing to laugh at yourself every once in a while (referring to when Matt/Trey make fun of PC people and liberals)

Ekai

I am part of the South Park viewerbase.

South Park season 21 takes on white supremacists.

You said South Park takes on its viewerbase (of white supremacists).

You called me a white supremacist.

I don't appreciate that.

I never called you one but if you want to play victim here and ignore critique of the show, that's on you.

I'm simply surprised they would do this when their main viewerbase is those kinds of people.

DarkKyo

Their main viewerbase, yes. I never said anyone here specifically was but good job trying to put words in my mouth. Super fricking appreciated.

Why are you so damn hostile? Good lord.

image.php

BTW you should check out the transgender issues ep from a couple years back, they treated it with respect and attention to detail/terminology if I recall correctly.

Doomsayer

Their main viewerbase are white supremacists?

All of us who watch South Park are really appreciative of you calling us that. Yet you are over here playing the victim. Nice.

I never called you one but if you want to play victim here and ignore critique of the show, that's on you.

I'm simply surprised they would do this when their main viewerbase is those kinds of people.

Nevermind, you are just ignorant as all fuck. Continue on.

I think a lot of people in this thread are upset that South Park isn't the show that THEY want it to be. Thank goodness it's Matt and Trey's show. It's kind of nice to have a show that 100% doesn't align with your viewpoint all the time. You may even learn something. Plus it isn't exactly a bad thing to laugh at yourself every once in a while (referring to when Matt/Trey make fun of PC people and liberals)

It's the mindset of "it's only funny until it happens to you". People are more than OK seeing everyone else get blasted but the second they're under the gun it's a complete and total meltdown.

That PC Principal season really fucked with people didn't it. Years later and it's still being misunderstood and misinterpreted. I never thought South Park would be seen as being too subtle of all things.

none of my arguments itt against the show are based on that season

i tired of their libertarian bullshit way before that

dukeoflegs

No more 'member berries? :'(

I hope they throw them in the background somewhere as an Easter egg. I like the 'member berries.

tenor.gif

Ekai

Why are you so damn hostile? Good lord.

image.php

BTW you should check out the transgender issues ep from a couple years back, they treated it with respect and attention to detail/terminology if I recall correctly.

Their trans episodes have been mostly hot trash. They fueled the alt-right bullshit about "being a dolphin/attack helicopter" garbage. Among a lot of other nonsense.

Their main viewerbase are white supremacists?

All of us who watch South Park are really appreciative of you calling us that. Yet you are over here playing the victim. Nice.

I didn't say anyone here was. But nice to see you playing the victim.

none of my arguments itt against the show are based on that season

i tired of their libertarian bullshit way before that

E'yuuuuup.

It's the mindset of "it's only funny until it happens to you". People are more than OK seeing everyone else get blasted but the second they're under the gun it's a complete and total meltdown.

Oh come on, it might not be an alt-right show but let's stop pretending Matt and Trey are completely clean on this kind of shit. Remember the F-word episode? Yeah...

And a large part of the fanbase is alt-right, and glorifies cartman. Lol at people thinking this show is only watched by liberals.

Real Hero

Main viewerbase? Fuck off seriously, you are talking nonsense. How can you claim that?

Doomsayer

Main viewerbase? Fuck off seriously, you talking nonsense. How can you claim that?

He wasn't talking about anyone here, or something.

I didn't say anyone here was. But nice to see you playing the victim.

I've watched this show since I was 8 years old. I am their main viewerbase. You said their main viewerbase are white supremacists. Do you see where I'm going with this? Just a baseless statement because you don't like something. Keep it up.

Dynasty

South Park makes fun of everyone, even there 'main userbase'(would love to know how you came to that conclusion) as evident from the last two season where they ripped into Trump heavily.

Cagey

Banned

You want to insult someone and then criticize them for playing the victim for finding your insult insulting, and you amusingly weaponize the word victim to criticize me for seeing through your nonsense.

This isn't elementary school. That's not how it works.

Dynasty

With Ekai logic I guess gaming main userbase are the alt-right as well.
Since NeoGaf is one of the biggest gaming sites, I guess NeoGaf is alt-right as well
Fuck EvilLore is a monster and he needs to be stopped.

DarkKyo

Their trans episodes have been mostly hot trash. They fueled the alt-right bullshit about "being a dolphin/attack helicopter" garbage. Among a lot of other nonsense.

First of all, attack helicopter? WTF?
Second, I wasn't even talking about that episode. I was talking about this one: The Cissy
Finally, I've never taken the episode you're referring to as being anti-trans. Sheila even says this in the episode:

Sheila: Gerald, that is very closed-minded of you! You shouldn't judge people who want to change.
Gerald: He's a teacher! How are we supposed to explain this to our children?!
Sheila: It's very simple. [addresses Kyle] You see, Kyle, sometimes a person' outside doesn't reflect who they are on the inside.
Kyle: Yeah. That's right.
Sheila: They feel like they're somebody trapped in another person's body. And so, they can have a surgery that makes them more into the person they see themselves as. Do you understand?
Kyle: Totally! I totally understand!

That doesn't seem offensive or disrespectful at all. Keep trying to find shit wrong with everything though.

Top Bottom