• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Jam: A New Legacy First Look Features LeBron James, Don Cheadle, Bugs Bunny, And More

megamerican

Lebron can't act. Every time he interacts with his son it's like a robot reading a greeting card or motivational poster. The humor is mostly gone apart from some of 2D animation stuff that winds up looking weird and cheap somehow.

It's not like the first movie is a masterpiece, but it was highly entertaining and had something for everyone, also it was still a novelty back then to see humans interact with cartoons. A New Legacy is a visually tiring and cynical bore of a movie that has come at least a year too late.

kunonabi

Film got the number 1 spot with help from Black Widow's 67% drop. So much for families preferring to stream at home instead of going to the movies.

AfricanKing

Lebron can't act. Every time he interacts with his son it's like a robot reading a greeting card or motivational poster. The humor is mostly gone apart from some of 2D animation stuff that winds up looking weird and cheap somehow.

It's not like the first movie is a masterpiece, but it was highly entertaining and had something for everyone, also it was still a novelty back then to see humans interact with cartoons. A New Legacy is a visually tiring and cynical bore of a movie that has come at least a year too late.

The fact they even joke about ball players not being able to act then they go on to produce this trash is a joke

ManaByte

I liked the animated stuff, the Looney Tunes hiding out in WB movies was fine. I really liked the DC world part (loved how they used the 90s animated series look) and Casablanca made me laugh. And the comic book animation in the Wonder Woman part was nice, although they should've tried to get Gal to voice Diana (since it was using the movie look) instead of Rosario Dawson. But once they turned them into CG and they had the horrible cosplayers cheering randomly it went to absolute dog shit.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Goddamn. My kid wants to see it and i just showed him SJ1 and he loved it so these reviews are making it really hard. It seems like it might be so bad its good but it might also just be straight trash. This seems like an easy win, how did they f this up??

ManaByte

Goddamn. My kid wants to see it and i just showed him SJ1 and he loved it so these reviews are making it really hard. It seems like it might be so bad its good but it might also just be straight trash. This seems like an easy win, how did they f this up??
Lebron James Basketball GIF by NBA

Christopher

The whole Lola thing it’s funny because conservatives use to want to cover women up, and woman showing more of themselves was empowering, now it’s the left wanting to desexualize woman it’s crazy.

I know no politics but Lebron doesn’t want to make me watch this.

AJUMP23

The only scene I really liked was Furry road... The rest of it was garbage. My 7 year old was concerned about how the actors got to eat making this movie.

McCheese

The only scene I really liked was Furry road... The rest of it was garbage. My 7 year old was concerned about how the actors got to eat making this movie.

The Michael Jordan cameo was good, was the one good joke they had the entire film.

The big chungus joke fell flat as they didn't make him look enough like big chungus so most people didn't even spot it and just thought it was bugs being weird

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I thought it was not memorable but the ending tugged a little on the heartstrings. Don't hate Lebron more and it was a mediocre family movie.

Complete waste but no negative ill will for those who made it.

Dural

Movie flopped only pulling in 31 million off a 150 million budget.... big yikes.

Yep, and you have the media spinning it like it did well because it beat Black Widow in it's second week after a huge drop.

Can't stand Lebron but love the Looney Tunes so this was tough for me, hope we get more from the Looney Tunes in the future but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom