• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpaceX building Starship in Texas (live videos of construction)

Vestal

Gold Member
mQhkNbz.gif

CloudNull

Banned
FUCKKKK I missed it. I was in a coding rabbit hole. I am so stoked they pulled it off with no issues.

Last edited:

this is how CNN is reporting it, as the first landing.

Updates

Live feed for post-landing stakeout of SN15 to see when activity starts around it again

back to updates

I am sure SN16 rollout expected soon

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

This is such a huge moment IMO. Starship should force the space industry to reinvent itself. It's time to literally think big. Big vessels, big payloads, and big ideas like starting a colony on another satellite. We don't need to send people into space in small capsules that look like they were made with an Erector set. We can build machines that start to approximate the vehicles of science fiction media. We can move large numbers of people with lots of cargo, and proper working/living environments.

There's so much ground to cover yet, but I like to think that Starship is just the beginning. What will the coming decades hold for spaceship design, or even remote bases or stations? I won't be around to see the best and brightest, but I feel fortunate to be alive when it all starts.

Now, let's get this bitch orbital, and then get it to the moon.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
This is such a huge moment IMO. Starship should force the space industry to reinvent itself. It's time to literally think big. Big vessels, big payloads, and big ideas like starting a colony on another satellite. We don't need to send people into space in small capsules that look like they were made with an Erector set. We can build machines that start to approximate the vehicles of science fiction media. We can move large numbers of people with lots of cargo, and proper working/living environments.

There's so much ground to cover yet, but I like to think that Starship is just the beginning. What will the coming decades hold for spaceship design, or even remote bases or stations? I won't be around to see the best and brightest, but I feel fortunate to be alive when it all starts.

Now, let's get this bitch orbital, and then get it to the moon.
Nothing inspires humanity like a new frontier to take part in exploring and developing. It's been a long few decades of incremental improvement, but I feel like we're beginning to ride a new wave into the future. Great time to be alive.

Nothing inspires humanity like a new frontier to take part in exploring and developing. It's been a long few decades of incremental improvement, but I feel like we're beginning to ride a new wave into the future. Great time to be alive.

This plus the muon g-2 news has my head spinning.

We could be witnessing the birth of interstellar travel... and I don't feel like an idiot typing that. Shocking times.

Top Bottom