• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpaceX Dragonship Endeavor Launch: The Future Begins Now

seeing this I'm thinking they need more of these Dragons docked as Life Boats or Escape pods on the ISS can't believe they don't have an escape plan

seeing this I'm thinking they need more of these Dragons docked as Life Boats or Escape pods on the ISS can't believe they don't have an escape plan
Maybe they can finally get proper funding.

SpaceX is showing what can be done.

Last edited:
They keep two Soyuz capsules docked with the ISS at all times, typically with six astronauts on board, so they always have a way for all crew to escape if need be.

ah thanks for the correction and reminder, should have remembered that

Maybe they can finally get proper funding.

SpaceX is showing what can be done.

I agree with Trump on yet one more thing
I hope they get more funding with SpaceX doing things

hope the other guys step up too hated to see Boeing failing at this task
We also need Blue Origin to show us their stuff

ah thanks for the correction and reminder, should have remembered that

I agree with Trump on yet one more thing
I hope they get more funding with SpaceX doing things

hope the other guys step up too hated to see Boeing failing at this task
We also need Blue Origin to show us their stuff

Just reading up on that. A positive future.

Boeing is a part of that future, too. The aerospace giant signed its own contract with NASA's Commercial Crew Program, worth $4.2 billion, which it will fulfill with a capsule called CST-100 Starliner.

If it looks like the spacesuit is built for a movie set, that could be because the suit designer is legendary Hollywood costume designer Jose Fernandez, who is known for costumes in blockbusters such as "Wonder Woman," "Wolverine," "Batman vs. Superman" and "Captain America: Civil War."

Just reading up on that. A positive future.

Boeing is a part of that future, too. The aerospace giant signed its own contract with NASA's Commercial Crew Program, worth $4.2 billion, which it will fulfill with a capsule called CST-100 Starliner.

Yeah I know Boeing has a billion more funding than SpaceX they are old school so the contracts they get will always be bigger but man little upstart SpaceX is sure leading the way.

I just wanted Boeing to perform better this was like a race between them and SpaceX since they both had a capsule, that failure must be really hard on the Boeing team right now hope they can keep at it.

Last edited:
What is that kind of camera called with the 8 lenses arranged circularly? Panoremic?

This is nuts, so we are actually going to see them dock and enter the ISS?

Romulus

Apparently there were some strange vids during and after the launch.

What could leave the earth with a black trail at such a high velocity? It's not exactly easy push through our atmosphere like that.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
well after watching 1hour+ of uncut stream of these astronauts floating weightless i'm pretty convinced this shit is real. i mean not that i had any doubt before but... yeah.

hard to imagine the guts it must take to go through with this. i have a thing about heights. i also have a thing about enclosed spaces. i would love to go to space but never in a million years do i think i could do it. i would just black out on the way to the rocket.

Last edited:

Romulus

It really doesn't look like a rat on the original video. I'm not an expert on what kind of debris sloughs off or what kind of ice, etc form, but you can see multiple pieces bounce off in a similar pattern as it goes.

What's the difference between that and the original?

Ivory Blood

%D0%98%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%BD-%D0%9C%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BA-%D1%85%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%88%D0%B5%D0%B5-%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5-%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%84%D0%BA%D0%B8-5951969.gif

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
well after watching 1hour+ of uncut stream of these astronauts floating weightless i'm pretty convinced this shit is real. i mean not that i had any doubt before but... yeah.

hard to imagine the guts it must take to go through with this. i have a thing about heights. i also have a thing about enclosed spaces. i would love to go to space but never in a million years do i think i could do it. i would just black out on the way to the rocket.

Check out this tour of the ISS that Sunny Williams filmed some years ago. Note all the wild physics concerns like having to do exercise on a free-floating platform to avoid applying torque to the entire space station:

Top Bottom