• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpaceX Dragonship Endeavor Launch: The Future Begins Now

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Is it really? I can't imagine having to scroll through a million menus in a high pressure situation.

Looks like everything in the UI has a click depth of 0-1:

y6eXAb7.png

Actually I read an interesting blog post regarding the design of controls. Basically they look different because one was designed by the company that builds planes, while the other one - by the company that builds cars. Different approaches.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
it's about bandwidth and overhead v. footprint i think, since you can observe more inputs from a locked position

and the legroom for improvement is tremendous, various hardware and software levels

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm loving all of Elon's shrugs during this press conference

Tesseract

Banned
I can't make out enough in that to tell, but glad they have redundancy built in with manual controls.

Generally not a fan of GUI replacing manual controls, but I'll save my rants for another time.
i was that way before i dug into surgical tools

but i think we're probably different fields

Last edited:

Kenpachii

That rocket landingwas pure bullshit. was watching it with my dad and even he was like yea i don't think so buddy.

Last edited:

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Where can I rewatch this? I was asleep when it happened 😞

Did you not stop to think that they did this on purpose? They were all, "Quick, let's launch while matt404au is taking a nap! Tee-hee!"

The real question is what did you do to make NASA and Elon Musk dislike you so much?

Papa

Banned
Did you not stop to think that they did this on purpose? They were all, "Quick, let's launch while matt404au is taking a nap! Tee-hee!"

The real question is what did you do to make NASA and Elon Musk dislike you so much?

I wasn’t taking a nap at 3 am

Where can I rewatch this? I was asleep when it happened 😞

the stream has not ended for spaceX but you can go back 10 hours or so and there is a count down just keep clicking the red bar until you get to a time where the clock is 3 minutes until launch

I just did that myself it works at youtube on browsers

just remember this is a LIVE link so if you refresh they are just showing repeat stuff mostly and few updates as the guys nap

I clicked on this thread because of the flashing LIVE tag next to it. But I watched the launch earlier and I also saw the tour thing they did earlier. I'll probably be up to see the docking though, it's at around 8 am Pacific right?

I clicked on this thread because of the flashing LIVE tag next to it. But I watched the launch earlier and I also saw the tour thing they did earlier. I'll probably be up to see the docking though, it's at around 8 am Pacific right?

you would miss it by 30 minutes I think

"If everything goes as planned, the SpaceX Dragoncapsule will dock with the ISS on Sunday at 10:29 a.m. EDT (1429 GMT) to the Harmony module's International Docking Adapter."

Papa

Banned
the stream has not ended for spaceX but you can go back 10 hours or so and there is a count down just keep clicking the red bar until you get to a time where the clock is 3 minutes until launch

I just did that myself it works at youtube on browsers

just remember this is a LIVE link so if you refresh they are just showing repeat stuff mostly and few updates as the guys nap

Thanks bud!

It's funny thinking they're not far off a direct/backup mobile app with bluetooth to control Dragons. Remote start my rocketship ride home please, yes nav I would like to go home.

But it says they wait to defecate until on the spacecraft? Is there a shitter on Endeavor?
I dont mind shitting into a spacesuit.

What I do mind is how in gods green earth am i suppose to wipe my ass after taking a dump.
Unless the suit is capable of giving you a quick wedgie to clear out the extra shit stuck between my ass cheeks.

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

His answer to our "minister of space" Rogozin about his fucking trampolines is some of the best trolling I've ever seen, lol. Always good to see smug assholes get what's coming to them.
Sad there is no big enough trampoline to send Rogozin, Putin and co. to the Sun :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
I randomly opened the live stream on my phone while preparing my five year old to go to bed, 8 minutes prior to lift off. It caught his eye and he surprised me by being super-interested. So I decided to make it an event for him. We ended up postponing bedtime almost an hour watching the live stream on the our big TV together. He never lost his focus even once, so I'm pretty sure he'll remember this moment for life. Thanks Elon :)

Ornlu

Banned
The kids were glued to the TV for the livestream; they loved it so much that they asked me to play back the launch + re-entry part.

Top Bottom