• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spawn Movie in Talks With Actor Big Enough to 'Blow Up the Internet'

spawn-301-header-alex-ross.jpg

"About a month ago, I had a big fish," McFarlane told ComicBook.com. "I just about got him on deck, right? It was the one that some people misheard and said I lost Jamie, it was like no an addition, an addition. But we lost him and those are always frustrating because whenever you got the fish out of the water, pull them up on deck and the line breaks."

"We got an offer out to, I think, a bigger fish," he continued. "So, there weren't too many bigger than the first guy, but anyway, we'll see. If I could've got the last guy, it would've been a home run. If I can get this guy, it will be a grand slam. This one will blow up the internet. So, we'll see. I don't know."

who da fuck can todd be talking about?

ATTENTION: Bear in mind that Jamie Foxx is already locked in for the role of Al Simmons/Spawn, the role of the mystery actor is the one in question.

yo if daniel day-lewis agrees to do a fucken movie like this i will get giggly as shit

Last edited:
Please don’t be The Rock.....

it’s gonna be The Rock, isn’t it....

Is Idris Elba big enough to “blow up the Internet?”
who would the rock even play..

i can see daniel day-lewis play some devil type of dude

i want that motherfucker to stop taking himself so seriously and finally do a role like this

Last edited:
Ok, bear with me

Tom Cruise as Jason Wynn, Foxx and Cruise reunite many years after the very good Collateral

Jonah Hill as Billy Kincaid/Mr. Chill-ee

Charlize Theron or Karen Gillan as Angela

no idea who should play Violator....

Someone with a distinctive voice talent to play/voice Malebolgia. I dunno....Andy Serkis?

Last edited:
as far as his “break the Internet” comment, I dunno who exactly would qualify. The Rock wouldn’t work as Violator unless they just make him a buff as fuck guy instead of a fat guy, which I doubt Todd would do

Maybe Robert Downey Jr to play Jason Wynn? That would be big news

Last edited:

TheMan

halle berry as wanda

wouldn't really break the internet, but I think Todd is probably overhyping this anyway

Last edited:
halle berry as wanda

wouldn't really break the internet, but I think Todd is probably overhyping this anyway
i find todd mcfarlanes thought process brilliant and i've been following him for a while so i'm on board with pretty much anythign he says

epicnemesis

It would have to be someone who has owned a super hero role to break the internet. So my money is either Robert Downey or Hugh Jackman.

obin_gam

Ah its the annual Spawn movie news bulletin.
I was wondering when it was gonna come....

Last edited:
Top Bottom