• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spencer announces XO18 conference coming soon!

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
They should buy the Splinter Cell IP. That's another great franchise that speaks Xbox to me. Always has..

Tbone3336

Gold Member
I can see Ashen being dropped on the day of the conference. The devs keep saying definite release in 18 but will not give a date on twitter, so I am hopeful/expecting this to be something they show and say available now... at least I hope.

CeeJay

You're probably right. It's unlikely. I hope they announce because my thinking is if they let Sony go first again then they're dooming themselves to another generation of mediocrity.

Here's an idea...

What if MS go both first AND last to next gen?

Soft launch their next gen Xbox console via their new upcoming streaming service prior to Sony releasing their hardware and then sometime later release the hardware console.

Gavon West

Here's an idea...

Soft launch their next gen Xbox console via their new upcoming streaming service prior to Sony releasing their hardware and then sometime later release the hardware console.
Thats what I'd do.

Here's an idea...

It's preferable to Sony (Nin,Goog,Amz) going first. IF they have the infrastructure for it. The worst case scenario here is beating the competition to market with a streaming service that isn't up to par with physical hardware or worse.

Hoping for good Xbox - PC Integration. Buy an xbox game, get the pc version for free. Save games carrying over. native mod support on console. Let you host your own PC as a dedicated server or use your own PC as a Streaming platform natively with build in tools.

Improve PC gaming. They have talked a lot since the Github purchase. Time for them to commit to open standards.

Whatever happened to game refunds? I know they beta tested it, but withdrew. Probably publishers don't like it. Somehow Steam got it through in 2015, but maybe XBox doesn't have the same leverage.

Xmengrey

Hoping for good Xbox - PC Integration. Buy an xbox game, get the pc version for free. Save games carrying over. native mod support on console. Let you host your own PC as a dedicated server or use your own PC as a Streaming platform natively with build in tools.

Improve PC gaming. They have talked a lot since the Github purchase. Time for them to commit to open standards.
So you hoping for this

https://tech4gamers.com/microsoft-xbox-one-user-interface-in-windows-10/

The result of these important changes (which are coming since we know that the console is based on the x86 architecture) will take us to a world where Xbox One X can receive additional devices such as mouse and keyboard without the need for dedicated applications, since basically console will have a Windows 10 very similar to that of our computers, which will be responsible for installing the corresponding drivers, and on the other hand, will dramatically expand the Xbox Play Anywhere program, removing the current limitations and allowing 100% of the console catalog to be available for computers.

If I can play the Xbox One's entire library natively on my PC that would be amazing I mean Phil Spencer hinted Xbox Originals, and Xbox 360 Games coming to Windows 10 so hopefully all XBO games make the jump not just Play Anywhere

So you hoping for this

https://tech4gamers.com/microsoft-xbox-one-user-interface-in-windows-10/

The result of these important changes (which are coming since we know that the console is based on the x86 architecture) will take us to a world where Xbox One X can receive additional devices such as mouse and keyboard without the need for dedicated applications, since basically console will have a Windows 10 very similar to that of our computers, which will be responsible for installing the corresponding drivers, and on the other hand, will dramatically expand the Xbox Play Anywhere program, removing the current limitations and allowing 100% of the console catalog to be available for computers.

If I can play the Xbox One's entire library natively on my PC that would be amazing I mean Phil Spencer hinted Xbox Originals, and Xbox 360 Games coming to Windows 10 so hopefully all XBO games make the jump not just Play Anywhere

As well as crossplay. So one person can sit with one copy of the game and play on the xbox, and another at the computer. Perhaps from a streaming perspective? You log in with your xbox and windows account, and you simultaneously got access on xbox and PC from one copy of the game. That would be a major advantage and in contrast to the more and more rare local coop. As we transition into online coop only, this allows people to play together using two windows devices in the same home, giving players that social action they want. I cant do spit screen coop or multiplayer anymore. Something like this would fix that.

Or record video clips on xbox, have it save natively to windows 10, and have a build in xbox-based video editing software that allows users to easily edit and upload to twitch/youtube/xbox. there is a massive potential here for powerful integration that goes beyond fumbling with video editing controls on console.

octiny

Banned
So your cool with a new Xbox announcement when the x is not even a year old

Next-gen systems are coming either way. It has no bearing on whatever is out right now. Anybody who purchased an X, including myself, knew exactly what they were getting. A late-gen console refresh to play the best console version of current-gen games.

Nevertheless, I highly doubt the next-gen system gets announced here. That will more than likely be a Spring 2019 announcement.

The XO18 event will be geared towards a couple new game announcements, more acquisitions, streaming platform, elite controller v2 (possibly) & maybe, just maybe, a few next-gen tid-bits to wet the beak until the official announcement/reveal.

They could one up sony by announcing the new console on the conference then release it early 2019.
After 15 months of the One X being a thing? That would be a disaster. Also, they just acquired those studios. The last two years have been lackluster for Microsoft exclusives, unless they have multiple aces up their sleeves which I highly doubt, they'd be putting themselves in a bad position for the next 3-4 years.

Last edited:

Thiagosc777

Next-gen systems are coming either way. It has no bearing on whatever is out right now. Anybody who purchased an X, including myself, knew exactly what they were getting. A late-gen console refresh to play the best console version of current-gen games.

Nevertheless, I highly doubt the next-gen system gets announced here. That will more than likely be a Spring 2019 announcement.

The XO18 event will be geared towards a couple new game announcements, more acquisitions, streaming platform, elite controller v2 (possibly) & maybe, just maybe, a few next-gen tid-bits to wet the beak until the official announcement/reveal.

I disagree. The problem is that there's no technological leap to be had over the X1X any time soon. What would be the point of a 20% increase over what we have today? Microsoft will only release a new console when they think they have a substantial upgrade, probably focusing more on framerate (more powerful CPU) instead of resolution. They made moves with the X towards that with FreeSync and support for 120Hz.

The same is true for Sony. A minor upgrade over the X would not be worth it.

octiny

Banned
I disagree. The problem is that there's no technological leap to be had over the X1X any time soon. What would be the point of a 20% increase over what we have today? Microsoft will only release a new console when they think they have a substantial upgrade, probably focusing more on framerate (more powerful CPU) instead of resolution. They made moves with the X towards that with FreeSync and support for 120Hz.

If you think there's going to be only a 20 percent increase in power if said next-gen systems came out late 2019, then there's not much to talk about here 😂

bitbydeath

Gold Member

Brace yourself for the next leap.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/amds...a-ces-2019-keynote-7nm-cpus-and-gpus.1466513/

The issue is not XBox Scarlett, that will be a beast of a console. I'm more fascinated with the new games coming out of these studios they acquired & created. Second, the xCloud streaming service. A lot hinges on how good that works.

But regarding XO18, I expect they will announce some holiday XBox One S/X bundles(RDR2 is one likely one), Ashen release date, Below release date, more Crackdown 3 news, next Sea of Thieves content update announcement and maybe some xCloud stuff.

Last edited:

Gavon West

All this and then some^^ I'm hoping for some acquisition surprises, deffo. And expecting at least three dev houses joining the Xbox family.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In @TheDivisionGame 2 the fate of the free world is in play.

Play this @UbisoftLatam title at #XboxFanFest.

You can't miss it!

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Wish it was in a better location than Mexico City and I might actually attend. The smog is so bad there that I physically cannot go near without getting deathly ill.

That aside, I hope Microsoft shows some good things for the platform. Maybe completely redo the shitty Achievement System and remove the crappy Ads on the front page as soon as I load my console up? Oh also release Below already damnit!

Top Bottom