• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spicer: Trump May Not Accept Wiretap Investigation Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildfire

Banned
Guys this isn't about Trump not accepting reality. He and Bannon want to dismantle the intelligence community and want to remake it.

They are looking for an angle to properly destroy them.

LifEndz

I hope to god the next time Dems have both houses and the presidency they scrap the electoral college. Our country can't be subjected to a madman's delusions because a few states wanted to throw a human molotov cocktail at the federal government.

Arkeband

Banned
So basically things went like this:

IC keeps dripping out details of Trump's very obvious Russian ties.
Trump getting worried.
Bannon suggests accusing Obama of wiretapping to figure out how much the IC might know.
IC denies wiretapping.
Trump breathes sigh of relief, still wants his supporters to think Obama wiretapped him ILLEGALLY, keeps up charade.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Hey Trump fans, how do you explain this one? Oh, you're not going to come anywhere near this thread? How surprising. I guess we'll see you later in some unrelated Hillary or Obama thread.

UrokeJoe

Trump getting worried.
Bannon suggests accusing Obama of wiretapping to figure out how much the IC might know.
IC denies wiretapping.
Trump breathes sigh of relief, still wants his supporters to think Obama wiretapped him ILLEGALLY, keeps up charade.

Scary shit.

He's dividing your country hard.

That base no longer trust anyone but his drivel.

This is the scary thing I am taking away from this. The fucking neanderthals that voted for this guy are probably ecstatic with his behavior. "YESAAHHH BOY YOU SHOW THEM LIBRULS! THEY ARE ALL LIARS YEEEEHAWWWW"

joe2187

Banned
Reality: There is no evidence, there is no one supporting your claim.

Trump:
giphy.gif

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I hope to god the next time Dems have both houses and the presidency they scrap the electoral college. Our country can't be subjected to a madman's delusions because a few states wanted to throw a human molotov cocktail at the federal government.
You'd have to amend the constitution, it's not happening. Best you can hope for is more states joining a multi state compact agreeing to award their EVs to the popular vote winner.

Blizzard

Banned
Keeping this in the news as long as possible seems like a pretty easy diversionary tactic from the Russian ties.

Usobuko

Banned
Guys this isn't about Trump not accepting reality. He and Bannon want to dismantle the intelligence community and want to remake it.

They are looking for an angle to properly destroy them.

Checkmate.

Bannon did say something similar to this iirc.

FromAtoX

Every day this administration says or does something stupid or illegal or racist or non truthful or a combination of all that. What a shit show.

Blizzard

Banned
This is not attempted deceit though. Trump is an idiot, who actually believes this bullshit because it helps his fragile ego. Bannon is probably manipulating him, though.
Why can't it be both? Trump can be dumb but it can also serve to keep news outlets in a frenzy.

MarkusRJR

So embarrassing. Clearly he's saying shit like this to distract from the mounting accusations that he and his team have ties to Russia. Either that or he's literally a conspiracy theorist. Either way I can't imagine how it feels to be an American with a president so messed up in the head. So happy politicians aren't this crazy where I live.

Sianos

I mean, yeah, it was kind of implied that Trump wouldn't believe something that doesn't fellate his confirmation bias... but why would Spicy straight up explicitly say it????

Surfinn

Trump getting worried.
IC denies wiretapping.
I really don't think Trump planned those tweets with anyone. I think his admin woke up shitting bricks when they saw him accuse Obama of wiretapping him.

Log4Girlz

Hey Trump fans, how do you explain this one? Oh, you're not going to come anywhere near this thread? How surprising. I guess we'll see you later in some unrelated Hillary or Obama thread.

I just want to ask everyone why you're all ignoring her emails. Benjamin Ghazi.

Magus1234

This is just preemptive damage control by Spicey chan. You know everyone around him understands it is BS, but Donnie will not accept being wrong and Spicey knows it.

Makes sense. Trump has zero interest in finding out the truth behind his own allegations.

He just wants some of that Russia-Russia-Russia Eye-of-Sauron focus from the press to be pointed in Obama's direction to make sure any further leaks are characterized as dirty tricks, purely political, and a revenge ploy orchestrated by Obama/Clinton sleeper agents embedded in the government.

When Trump is attacked he attacks back and goes bigger. That's been his M.O. forever.

I think we know they'll "find" bugging devices planted by Osama Obama.
Sigh. Facts and truth are optional in this environment. So much worse than Nixon.

faisal233

Trump getting worried.
IC denies wiretapping.

IC didn't wiretap him in the sense of getting a warrant and listening in. Of course they are going to deny it, they don't just listen to American phone calls. They let GCHQ do that, who then shares anything of importance with the IC, who then gets the FBI to do parallel construction on the evidence.

Of course if Trump wants to fundamentally dismantle the IC, then they are probably going to leak everything just to get rid of him and take the PR hit.

Goddammit, you wake every goddamn morning with the hopes you'll see a positive bit of news from the White House, but nooo, it's trash, childish trash every single time. Christ.

Trump getting worried.
IC denies wiretapping.

Sick of this master strategy bullshit people keep believing in.

RDreamer

I love that Spicer's doing off camera gaggles now instead of daily briefings. Precious snowflake can't defend his master's plans. Sad!

Look at the timeline.

Trump reads from a teleprompter for an hour and uses a widow as a political prop to "break a record" for applause. The punditry fawns over his normalcy and declares that the Trump pivot is real, his tone is presidential, and he's grabbed the blade of Elendil and is becoming the man he was born to be. Press was so good for him that the White House even delayed revealing Muslim Ban 2.0 so that the good vibes could have room to breathe.

But then the leaks start again, and WaPo pisses in Trump's speech Cheerios by revealing that Sessions met with the Russian Ambassador twice, lying during his confirmation hearings. DC and the press go apeshit.

Trump is set to stand by his man, and the man who could get in the way of investigations into the campaign, transition and new administrations ties to Russia. He backs him 100%, says Sessions shouldn't recuse himself and is ready to put the White House on attack.

But Sessions decides fuck that, throws together a press conference on short notice, and then recuses himself anyway.

By all reports Trump is super pissed. He's pissed that his good press evaporated, he's pissed that Sessions recused himself, and he's pissed that the White House didn't coordinate a solid line of defense and attack to keep Sessions on the case.

Lo and Behold Trump decides to make an attack of his own come the weekend. An attack sure to grab the headlines (which pleased him), and to get people talking about the Obama/Clinton deep state and dirty tricks, something he then expected his own advisors and the Republican rank and file to follow up with. That hasn't exactly worked out.

Makes me think this is the line of attack Trump expected his immediate advisors to launch, but didn't, so he had to go and do it himself. He wants to make any leak stories about the leakers, and undermine any revelations that come about through them.

pixelation

This is the scary thing I am taking away from this. The fucking neanderthals that voted for this guy are probably ecstatic with his behavior. "YESAAHHH BOY YOU SHOW THEM LIBRULS! THEY ARE ALL LIARS YEEEEHAWWWW"

And yes, that is indeed what they're saying... i made a big mistake and read some Trumper's comments on Twitter... i honestly can't think positively of ANY Trump supporter or even voter. He was very apparent from the get-go with his intentions... the fact that so many "Christians" voted for him sickens me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom