• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spicer: Trump May Not Accept Wiretap Investigation Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
One positive to the Trump administration is that if he ever found out about aliens, you gotta figure he'd tweet about it immediately.

Yep. Either 1. There are no aliens 2. They are just not telling him about them.

"Hey I just totally discovered aliens, they love me, yuge trump fans on planet kparn9. Obama never had any alien fans, SAD!"

I bet Trump still believes in Santa Claus and his yes men arrange a mall Santa to sneak around his tower on Christmas eve.

well he did call to make sure Vince McMahon was alive and well after his limo blew up in the WWE. If your following along News=fake WWE=real

Fury451

Banned
This is like how he said he'd bitch about the election being rigged if he lost. He won and he still bitches about it anyway.

It's always lose-lose with this clown.

rjinaz

Trump is going to ride a nuke cowboy style into doomsday.

It will be the first time he's ever felt power between his legs, brother.

hqdefault.jpg

Wouldn't it be more logical for the US and other intelligence communities that if they have evidence it was gained from monitoring Russians and not Trump specifically? Why would he assume the evidence was the product of a wire? There's a ton of spying goin on between Russia, Europe, China, and the US.

Loxley

Makes sense. Trump has zero interest in finding out the truth behind his own allegations.

He just wants some of that Russia-Russia-Russia Eye-of-Sauron focus from the press to be pointed in Obama's direction to make sure any further leaks are characterized as dirty tricks, purely political, and a revenge ploy orchestrated by Obama/Clinton sleeper agents embedded in the government.

When Trump is attacked he attacks back and goes bigger. That's been his M.O. forever.

Yep. Look at how he reacted to PussyGate - by calling a press conference with all of the women who'd accused Bill Clinton of sexual harassment. As you said, he deflects accusations back at the accuser ("You're the puppet!") and retaliates on a bigger scale. He didn't give a rats ass about those women or their accusations, like he doesn't give a shit whether or not Obama actually wire-tapped him. So long as he can convince his constituency that <the other guy> is worse than he is and he's just trying to make the best of a bad situation, he's fine.

I don't get it. This is a guy that posted a tweet three times trying to spell hereby.

It's entirely possible they're all just incredible fuck ups.

Nobody wants to believe they got conned by an idiot because it's even more damning/telling of themselves

This country is easily one of the stupidest on the planet, and the first step to improving upon it is acknowledging it

Surfinn

Nobody wants to believe they got conned by an idiot because it's even more damning/telling of themselves

This country is easily one of the stupidest on the planet, and the first step to improving upon it is acknowledging it
I've seen this rhetoric so much here.

Are you suggesting he's pretending to be a idiot to con people? What's the great con here, exactly? How'd he get us this time?

If you look at the evidence, the Hollywood blockbuster theory that he's a mastermind simply holds no water. Reports are consistent in that his administration is an incredible mess and half the time they can't even keep their story/message straight.

Unless.. Twist.. That's a part of the con too.

I've seen this rhetoric so much here.

Are you suggesting he's pretending to be a idiot to con people? What's the great con here, exactly? How'd he get us this time?

If you look at the evidence, the Hollywood blockbuster theory that he's a mastermind simply holds no water. Reports are consistent in that his administration is an incredible mess and half the time they can't even keep their story/message straight.

Unless.. Twist.. That's a part of the con too.

No. he wasn't disagreeing with you.

He was saying that people would rather hold onto hope that Trump is a mastermind that conned them all, instead of realizing they they themselves were idiots who followed another idiot,.and ultimately fucked themselves by putting an idiot in charge.

This is exactly the type of chaos I knew in my gut would happen and repeatedly tried articulating to my Fox News loving mom before the election. It honestly scares me a little bit to know that what I saw as painfully obvious about Trump, almost half the country looked and saw the total opposite. They looked at Trump and his campaign, all of the childish and crude behaviour and comments, and went ahead and did this to the country by making him President. Did anyone really expect it to be different? It's the campaign on repeat now for the next 4 years, only this time with the power, reach, and influence of the Presidency amplifying it and acting as a multiplier.

I kept pleading with Trump voters I knew before the election to please hear me out as I tried to explain why this isn't a normal election. It not about democrat versus republican this time. It's about trying to avoid a future where the country and the world are at the mercy of the mental, moral, and character defects of Trump. He also possesses no knowledge of government and no understanding or respect for its norms and institutions and this was on display every day of the campaign for anyone to see. The distortion and erosion of these norms and institutions will be only some of the collateral damage of a President whose unyielding narcissism and unquenchable neediness renders all else as expendable and disposable. If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail and everything a cartoonish narcissist like Trump says and does is in service to what's really important to him. Himself.

Surfinn

No. he wasn't disagreeing with you.

He was saying that people would rather hold onto hope that Trump is a mastermind that conned them all, instead of realizing they they themselves were idiots who followed another idiot,.and ultimately fucked themselves by putting an idiot in charge.
Thank you for the clarification. I think I misunderstood.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
How do you even counter this absurd shit? He'll be presented with evidence and ignore it.

Completely delusional, unhinged man who seems to be losing his composure. When will this end?!

Surfinn

How do you even counter this absurd shit? He'll be presented with evidence and ignore it.

Completely delusional, unhinged man who seems to be losing his composure. When will this end?!
I think the moment when I realized he's legitimately batshit crazy was when he said the travel ban went smoothly. A turning point.

Ollie Pooch

I think the moment when I realized he's legitimately batshit crazy was when he said the travel ban went smoothly. A turning point.
I've always thought he's completely off the planet, but I'm wondering when his supporters will start waking up. If ever. This is bonkers. He's gone off the paranoid deep end.

Carn82

Yep. Look at how he reacted to PussyGate - by calling a press conference with all of the women who'd accused Bill Clinton of sexual harassment. As you said, he deflects accusations back at the accuser ("You're the puppet!") and retaliates on a bigger scale. He didn't give a rats ass about those women or their accusations, like he doesn't give a shit whether or not Obama actually wire-tapped him. So long as he can convince his constituency that <the other guy> is worse than he is and he's just trying to make the best of a bad situation, he's fine.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

Surfinn

I've always thought he's completely off the planet, but I'm wondering when his supporters will start waking up. If ever. This is bonkers. He's gone off the paranoid deep end.
They won't. They're going down with the ship. If he gets kicked out or even jailed I'm absolutely sure they'll claim he was framed by the media and dems.

What do you think is going to happen when the first batch of data comes back that vaccines don't cause autism, that climate change is real, that Ferguson PD is racist, that tax cuts don't cause growth indefinitely, that terrorists don't come to the US from the banned list, that the presidential approval rate is dropping?

Ooh right, those already happened. Trump and his staff make their own truth. And if they can't get all the fancy science and stats to go along with it, they'll just badmouth it as fake.

There's video on ABC news of Stephanopoulos practically tearing his hair out as the White House spokeswoman erroneously cites 3 sources for the wiretapping story. And she just prattles on after being corrected, blissfully unaware.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wh-s...ccepts-fbis-reported-denial/story?id=45935585

From top to bottom Trump has selected either sycophants or people too spineless to break from the ranks. The emperor has no clothes on and you have people going on live TV swearing that they love his tie. At this point I almost expect Sessions to give a "No comment" rather than call the president a liar or even "mistaken". He's that gutless, and according to the WH Trump doesn't make mistakes.

I swear it feels like this bullshit wiretapping fiasco has got more traction than the attorney general committing perjury and possibly treason :(

Ollie Pooch

What do you think is going to happen when the first batch of data comes back that vaccines don't cause autism, that climate change is real, that Ferguson PD is racist, that tax cuts don't cause growth indefinitely, that terrorists don't come to the US from the banned list, that the presidential approval rate is dropping?

Ooh right, those already happened. Trump and his staff make their own truth. And if they can't get all the fancy science and stats to go along with it, they'll just badmouth it as fake.

There's video on ABC news of Stephanopoulos practically tearing his hair out as the White House spokeswoman erroneously cites 3 sources for the wiretapping story. And she just prattles on after being corrected, blissfully unaware.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wh-s...ccepts-fbis-reported-denial/story?id=45935585

From top to bottom Trump has selected either sycophants or people too spineless to break from the ranks. The emperor has no clothes on and you have people going on live TV swearing that they love his tie. At this point I almost expect Sessions to give a "No comment" rather than call the president a liar or even "mistaken". He's that gutless, and according to the WH Trump doesn't make mistakes.
Yeah, stupid question I guess.. I'm just watching the silence from the Republicans - surely they know the hammer is going to drop and they'll be caught up in it too? What is going on? Are they literally ALL just morally bankrupt or just following the POTUS because that's what you do?

I'm worried this is going to all boil up into nothing - or just grab a few of his higher ups and he'll be unscathed - and it'll just embolden his insane supporters even more.

Paulie_C

Neo Member
I think its worse than ignoring the results. Say the report clears Obama, Trump will pick up on any area of it that is unclear and throw all his focus on that.

He'll declare he was right all along due to one or two lines ignoring the ultimate conclusion of the report.

Ollie Pooch

God damn

Sarah, Sarah... Sarah, I have to stop you there.

That clip is infuriating.
I love that major papers reporting Trump's tweet claim count as coverage of the wiretaps themselves or even confirm they exist according to this woman. Fucking nuts. Is she the new Conway?

Machina

Banned
This guy is hurtling towards impeachment, if not done so by the Republican Congress, the Democrats that sweep in during the Mid Terms will.

From the outside looking in, this is starting to feel like a really weird reality TV show now...

It's really insane that a huge chunk of the country's basis for what's real and what isn't is literally just what one guy tells them. It's like voluntarily subjecting oneself to live under dictatorial rule.

HotHamBoy

It's really insane that a huge chunk of the country's basis for what's real and what isn't is literally just what one guy tells them. It's like voluntarily subjecting oneself to live under dictatorial rule.

He’s the President.

Of course, a modicum of critical thinking would have anyone question why the President would reveal sensitive information on Twitter and use that platform to proclaim serious allegations.

Nelo Ice

Banned
This guy is hurtling towards impeachment, if not done so by the Republican Congress, the Democrats that sweep in during the Mid Terms will.
Hell that should be their platform. We will get rid of Trump. And if feasible run on single payer to counter this repeal ACA fuckery.

FStubbs

His supporters for the most part were always aware of what Trump is. It doesn't matter, because racism is more important.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Not surprising. The guy doesn't accept anything besides what he wants. He regularly denies reality if it doesn't suit him.

He had the same attitude to the election results too. He was very public about how he wouldn't accept the results if Hillary won, and would only accept them if he won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom