• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse comes exclusively in theaters June 2023 (Trailer is up)

Bragr

Banned
It worked the first time because it was just another movie, now it's too much hype to affect whoever makes the movie, and it's gonna fuck up the production. No expectations.

Was looking forward to this drop but that was a pretty weak trailer. Lots of clips from the first movie, very low energy, and ends on the same 'cinematic money shot' of 2099 slamming him into the train that the teaser from like a year and a half ago did.

Obviously still looking forward to it but hype decreased a bit...

Gwen with miles just doesn't seem right to me to be honest. Aside from that, probably gonna watch it. First movie was pretty awesome with effects and humour. Way better than test of Marvel shit

Pagusas

Elden Member
That was a trailer so bad, so lacking in passion and quality, that it actually made me lose interest in the film. They would have been better off not releasing a trailer.

Stitch

Gold Member
yeah that was lame. also was that supposed to be spider-woman?

200.gif

SaintALia

I wasn't really a fan of the first one tbh. I liked the Spiderverse comics, and that screwed me over since I read it first and then watched the movie. Miles was one of my least fav Spidermen in that series and he barely did anything in it if I remember correctly. SpidermanBritain and SpiderManIndia had more prominent roles, but I don't remember it all too well. So many Spidermen, and I wasn't too interested in the ones they chose for the movie(except Noir). The movie itself was all right though, didn't care for the villain(but the villains for the comic were also pretty meh) and it was pretty predictable for me.

I REALLY REALLY hope that the Spiderman on the bike isn't Spiderpunk. They already bleached his skin in subsequent comics, I don't want to see them erase his more anarchist edge, and then gender-switch him. Especially when you have Jessica, who was a major character in the original Spiderverse, who still seems to be absent here, and Silk as well. You have a Spiderman hub, that'd be a perfect way for Madamme Web to get into the centre of that, so it'd be weird if they cut out prominent 'Spiderwomen' to gender switch one-but maybe I'm assuming too much. Miguel is here at least....as a villain for some reason.

Last edited:

YCoCg

I'm amazed that the PlayStation 4/5 versions appear in the trailer, and later on during a big action shot you even see the PlayStation 1 Spider-Man too!

Outpost #31

Trailer didn't look that great sadly but definitely still looking forward to this one.
First movie exceeded my expectations.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It’s sad the direction they went with Spider-Man the animated series the PlayStation franchise is legitimate though.

Top Bottom