• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Has anything been said about Avi Arad returning to produce? Wasn't he a sore point for Feige before?

Also, man I can't imagine the stress of juggling all these characters, especially in Infinity War. There is only so much oxygen in a room for Iron-Man, Cap, Spider-Man or Star Lord.

Someone is gonna get shafted...

Arad will still be around as a producer, but his power will be greatly reduced.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Since print media is basically dead, how are they going to work in the Daily Bugle into the MCU?

Print media is very well alive, especially the tabloids, which is what the Bugle is. So nothing lost there. I fully expect a throwback to this in Agents of SHIELD, though. A copy of the Bugle, with a picture of Spidey on the frontpage.

Nizz

Anyone else excited to own a great collection of films when Infinity War is finished? Put that neat little bow on it.
Yep, the thought of finishing off my Blu-ray collection with all these movies sometime in 2019 is exciting.
Might as well be a scene of Peter Parker getting bitten on a field trip. Takes care of the origin.
I kid you not, I think this would be fucking perfect. Like you said, takes care of his origin but also is a nice out as to why he wasn't at the battle of NY. Spider Man didn't exist until now.

Anth0ny

Since print media is basically dead, how are they going to work in the Daily Bugle into the MCU?

I can totally see them going all TMZ with the Daily Bugle. A photographer? Nah. Peter Parker is the only one who can get good video footage of Spider-Man with his iphone.

Then again, Marvel likes to stay true to the source material, so I can see them saying fuck it and keeping it a newspaper company.

Why does Marvel want Spiderman back so much and incorporate him into their movies? They have the merchandise already, I don't see why screen presence is so important to them. Or maybe that is the reason, a good screen presence ensures better toy sales. Spiderman is huge so Sony must have seen that lil' bitch Captain America besting him in the box office and thought "I know we fucked up, but shit we fucccccccccccked up"

Either way Marvel under Disney make pretty shitty movies, the only one I have enjoyed a lot is GOTG so this deal won't change much. Avengers was on TV for new years and that was so fucking bad, I ain't into comics but Thor is a god that gets thrown around by iron man like a doll? Wat

Ban Puncher

Fantastic Four back home next if only for Doctor Doom and Skrulls. I don't give an F about the actual FF.

Fox can keep the filthy muties.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Why does Marvel want Spiderman back so much and incorporate him into their movies? They have the merchandise already, I don't see why screen presence is so important to them. Or maybe that is the reason, a good screen presence ensures better toy sales. Spiderman is huge so Sony must have seen that lil' bitch Captain America besting him in the box office and thought "I know we fucked up, but shit we fucccccccccccked up"

Either way Marvel under Disney make pretty shitty movies, the only one I have enjoyed a lot is GOTG so this deal won't change much. Avengers was on TV for new years and that was so fucking bad, I ain't into comics but Thor is a god that gets thrown around by iron man like a doll? Wat

Wut? Which version did you watch? The XXX parody?

Thor isn't a God in the MCU, he's a being from Asgard. Physics still apply.

Onaco

Because unlike every other corporation, Marvel hates being sellouts and wants to please their fans by giving them what they wanted.

Unit 33

Huh. I wonder if average Joe will be confused in away way by the eventual appearance of Spiderman in MCU, or just not give a crap and continue to munch popcorn.

Because Spider-man is by far the most popular Marvel hero. Having him in their films would increase marketability, and potentially ticket sales, immensely. That's really all there is to it. The raw, logical decision that having your most popular hero in your huge cinematic universe is a good thing for sales in the long run. Toy sales are important, sure, but they already have those. This increases the sales potential for their movies from Huge to Really Huge.

It's crazy, I know. Why would they want that?

Wut? Which version did you watch? The XXX parody?

Thor isn't a God in the MCU, he's a being from Asgard. Physics still apply.

I watched the one where he keeps referring himself to a god and others call him a god as well, this was in the Avengers film on BBC and all I can say is that if it was an XXX parody, not enough titties but glad my TV licensing money is being put to good use.

sparkzero

So it is happening.

Still not sure how I should feel about the 4 delays (including Black Pather and Captain Marvel). I feel like Spidey will take away Black Panthers spotlight if he is in Civil War.

Also what about the Sinister Six and Venom Spin-Offs. Are the canned now?

Nibel

Well holy fucking shit, this really happened.
KuGsj.gif

A new promising Persona game, a good Kendrick Lamar single, a new Star Wars trilogy and now this; life has its moments

Onaco

Huh. I wonder if average Joe will be confused in away way by the eventual appearance of Spiderman in MCU, or just not give a crap and continue to munch popcorn.

Shouldn't the average Joe also be confused by the fact that there are two Quicksilvers?

Alienous

Aw, that's cute.

You think Marvel cares beyond money.

I think Marvel has shown that the people spearheading the movies are fans. They might not be doing it altruistically for the fan base, and they might be making choices because it's what they as fans want to see, but they have certainly made decisions that take unnecessary risks for the sake of fan-service.

For instance I get the feeling that Kevin Feige really wants the MCU to be an important, complete, meaningful thing beyond "Let's milk the Marvel movies for as much money as we can get for as long as we can get it".

Nizz

So it is happening.

Still not sure how I should feel about the 4 delays (including Black Pather and Captain Marvel). I feel like Spidey will take away Black Panthers spotlight if he is in Civil War.

Also what about the Sinister Six and Venom Spin-Offs. Are the canned now?
Yeah, it's a bummer about Black Panther and Captain Marvel being pushed back. Hopefully Chadwick Boseman doesn't end up with scheduling conflicts and have to bow out.

Something else I was thinking about, who will do the effects for Spider Man? Will it still be Sony Imageworks or will ILM get a crack at doing Spidey? The thought of ILM doing Spider Man is damn exciting.

I still can't believe this is actually happening!

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I watched the one where he keeps referring himself to a god and others call him a god as well, this was in the Avengers film on BBC and all I can say is that if it was an XXX parody, not enough titties but glad my TV licensing money is being put to good use.

IIRC, Black Widow refers to him as a god, Tony refers to him as a demi-god, he doesn't refer to himself as a god (Loki does, though, before he gets pummeled by Hulk. Puny god). In the first Thor movie, however, it is explained that Thor is not an actual god in the sense of an allpowerful deity, just part of another race of creatures that exist in our universe with technology so advanced, it is mistaken for magic by midgardians / earthlings.

Pretty sure Arad is gone completely. There is no mention of him in the press release. It sounds like Feige and his team will mostly be calling the shots.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/spider-man-marvel-kevin-feige-amy-pascal-producers-1201370228/

Matt Tolmach and Avi Arad, who produced the most recent Amazing Spider-Man films directed by Marc Webb, will become exec producers going forward. Arad has a long history with Marvel, helping rescue the company from bankruptcy, among other things; Tolmach spearheaded the original Sam Raimi-directed trilogy as SPE production co-president, before joining Arad when he transitioned into producing.

Because unlike every other corporation, Marvel hates being sellouts and wants to please their fans by giving them what they wanted.

"What they wanted," such as: Chasing Edgar Wright and Jon Favreau out of their studios, a Thor sequel by the director of Palookavilla, etc.

Prompto

Banned
Why would the press release leave off 2 major producers? I think deadline is wrong on this one. Deadline seems to be the only one reporting their involvement... Seems as fishy as a can of tuna.

Executive producing isnt major. For the most part its just a courtesy title. It wouldnt be included in a press release and Deadline wouldnt include that bit in their article if it wasnt true.

Top Bottom