• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Verse |OT| Every Spider-Man Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazygecko

Marvel rarely brings it up, and are using these events (this and Hickman's incursion plot) to put and end to it I think. DC used it all the damn time and it got really annoying for awhile.

I wonder what had Morlun so spooked, that was really odd. Maybe 616 Miguel tastes like coconut, nobody likes coconut.

616 Parker lured him to a nuclear power plant and gave him a way-beyond-lethal dose of radiation, which reduced him to a pathetic husk begging for mercy

I think the only major multiverse interactions 616's Parker has had was when he and Miles teamed up in Spider-Men and his couple of 2099 crossovers.

Cool. This is the reason that, despite not being a fan of Slott, I'm gonna end up getting the Spider-Verse HC when it comes out :<

Edge of Spider-Verse has been super cool so far, so whatever.

Drayco21

Spider-Men was great.

I enjoyed it (and pretty much all Ultimate Spider-Man before Pete died) a whole lot, despite thinking Bendis is one of the biggest hacks in the industry. I'm looking forward to seeing the sequel to it when this is all over.

Toa TAK

Banned
I enjoyed it (and pretty much all Ultimate Spider-Man before Pete died) a whole lot, despite thinking Bendis is one of the biggest hacks in the industry. I'm looking forward to seeing the sequel to it when this is all over.
Yup, still gotta see what happened with that cliffhanger.

PsychBat!

Banned
I wonder what had Morlun so spooked, that was really odd. Maybe 616 Miguel tastes like coconut, nobody likes coconut.
Well,
Morlun is scared because he was killed twice in that universe, and trapped in another realm by the Black Panther. He just loses each time he goes there.

Drayco21

As bad as Ramos can be, at least he doesn't seem to be going in his zero shits given auto-pilot mode

2.jpg

Thank god for Olivier Coipel.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeah, his work on Amazing prior to Superior was horrible. I didn't even realize this until midway through Superior when people were telling me that the art in that was his GOOD stuff. >_<

Thank goodness for the big G taking over the final arc.

IrishNinja

if Ben Reilly is here, i'm here - glad i was catching up on Amazing, Morales & 2099 anyway
great writeup OP!

So is Slott finally off Spider-Man or are the "controversial" sales too good?

why do people want Slott gone? who else has been as consistent post OMD?

PsychBat!

Banned
Ryan Stegman and Giuseppe Camuncoli >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Humberto Ramos.

All three of these people were Superior Spider-Man artists.

Drayco21

Solicitations for January:

SPIDER-VERSE #2 (of 2)
DAN SLOTT, KATHRYN IMMONEN, JED MCKAY & OTHERS (W)
MARK BROOKS, DAVID LAFUENTE, SHELDON VELLA & OTHERS (A)
Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
SPIDER-VERSE TIE-IN!
&#8226; THE SPIDER-VERSE ANTHOLOGY CONTINUES!
&#8226; SO MANY SPIDER-MEN AND WOMEN! THIS ISSUE:
&#8226; VIDEO-GAME SPIDEY!
&#8226; PUNK-ROCK SPIDEY!
&#8226; FAIRY TALE SPIDEY!
&#8226; MEXICO&#8217;S OWN SPIDEY TALE IN SPANISH!
40 PGS./Rated T &#8230;$4.99

SPIDER-MAN 2099 #8
Peter David (W)
William Sliney (A)
Cover by Francesco Mattina
SPIDER-VERSE TIE-IN!
&#8226; Spider-Man 2099 and Lady Spider must reunite with the rest of the spiders in time for the final battle against the Inheritors!
&#8226; Who will survive the Spider-verse?
&#8226; Will Miguel finally be able to return home? And by &#8220;home&#8221; do we mean 2099 or 2014?
32 PGS./Rated T &#8230;$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #13
DAN SLOTT (W) &#8226; GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A)
Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
Variant COVER by GABRIELE DELL&#8217;OTTO
WELCOME HOME VARIANT COVER BY Mike Del Mundo
Marvel Animation Spider-Verse variant by Jeff Wamester
SPIDER-VERSE PART 5 - THE FINAL BATTLE BEGINS HERE!
&#8226; EVERY SPIDER-MAN EVER MUST FIGHT AND NO SPIDER IS SAFE!

SPIDER-VERSE TEAM-UP #3 (of 3)
CHRISTOS GAGE &
TOM DEFALCO (W)
DAVE WILLIAMS & RON FRENZ (A)
Cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
SPIDER-VERSE TIE-IN!
&#8226; A whole group of Spiders team up, but what mission takes FIVE Spiders?
&#8226; The SPIDER-GIRL team reunites for a story about Mayday and a mystery Spider!

Words can't even express how relieved I am to see Anya make it this far- hopefully she doesn't bite in the final battle.

Xenocthul

Solicitations for January:
Words can't even express how relieved I am to see Anya make it this far- hopefully she doesn't bite in the final battle.

Anya is going to die in the final battle so that Mayday can take her proper place as the 616 Spider-Girl.

why do people want Slott gone? who else has been as consistent post OMD?

Consistent is the last word I would use to describe superior spider-man. His characters are all over the place.

Though "consistently dogshit" describes his ASM run the past few issues well. There is nothing good about silk, and his peter is starting to seem like an idiot that's ignoring his civilian life entirely.

Also, what was the point of anna maria calling out peter last issue for not using tech to save more lives? They're not going to change the status quo and have peter start being more high tech, so all that accomplished was making peter look like he has his head up his ass, and that's not enjoyable. Yeah, that's a problem with the chatacter when you're thinking realistically, but it's like when someone calls out batman for the repeated escapes of the joker; it's criticizing the character for the limitations amd realities of the format, and that's pretty unfair.

IrishNinja

Consistent is the last word I would use to describe superior spider-man. His characters are all over the place.

Though "consistently dogshit" describes his ASM run the past few issues well. There is nothing good about silk, and his peter is starting to seem like an idiot that's ignoring his civilian life entirely.

Also, what was the point of anna maria calling out peter last issue for not using tech to save more lives? They're not going to change the status quo and have peter start being more high tech, so all that accomplished was making peter look like he has his head up his ass, and that's not enjoyable. Yeah, that's a problem with the chatacter when you're thinking realistically, but it's like when someone calls out batman for the repeated escapes of the joker; it's criticizing the character for the limitations amd realities of the format, and that's pretty unfair.

ehh im giving silk a chance, dont know if she'll make it out of the morlun murders or not anyway...and yeah, pete's gonna stay dumb about his company; personally im more bothered by how well Ana's taking the man she loved being not in that skin anymore/living and working with her as well as she is, kinda tests my suspension of belief a bit

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
ehh im giving silk a chance, dont know if she'll make it out of the morlun murders or not anyway...and yeah, pete's gonna stay dumb about his company; personally im more bothered by how well Ana's taking the man she loved being not in that skin anymore/living and working with her as well as she is, kinda tests my suspension of belief a bit

Yea she's all like "Oh I was in love with a mass murdering psychopath who isn't you anymore. Ok."

It had the same impact as if parker had said "I'm heading to the market to grab a loaf of bread, be back in 10."

Drayco21

Silk is getting an ongoing after the events of Spider-Verse, so she presumably survives.

Yup. Love Stegmans art.

Stegman is second only to Coipel for me- I loved his work in Scarlet Spider.

Drayco21

Textless Scarlet Spiders #1 Preview up:

Together for the first time! Amidst the chaos of Spider-Verse, three fan-favorite characters unite for a desperate mission into the unknown in SCARLET SPIDERS #1! And not all of them are going to make it back! From creators Mike Costa and Paco Diaz &#8211; Kaine, Ben Reilly and Ultimate Jessica Drew must unite for a deadly operation behind enemy lines. When the Spiders discover one of the technological secrets that make Morlun and his family so powerful, it&#8217;s up to the Scarlet Spiders to go deep behind enemy lines into one of the twisted realms Morlun&#8217;s family rules to shut it down. If they fail, every Spider from across the multiverse will face certain death! What horrors await them across the multiverse? Find out in November as Kaine, Ben Reilly and Ultimate Jessica Drew swing into action in SCARLET SPIDERS #1!

More here.

This is by far my most hyped side book in this whole event (though that could probably be guessed by my avatar), I'm just praying that Mike Costa can live up to Yost's stuff.

maxcriden

Wait, I think I know Mike Costa. Or used to, at least. I haven't talked to him in a few years or so. He's a really nice guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom