• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Single-Player Impressions & Gameplay

Can someone give a short summary of the gamexplain video. I'm at work lol.

I'm gonna buy Splatoon 2 anyway because I loved the first one.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Can someone give a short summary of the gamexplain video.

I'm gonna buy Splatoon 2 anyway because I loved the first one.

Well EZA say that they are halfway through and they've already seen longer and more varied levels than the original.

Even in a perfect world Nintendo could not produce enough Switch to fulfill the hunger after this game.

In the imperfect world that we life in (the one with clowns as presidents and sometimes dumb anarchists destroying streets) it will not be even nearly possible.

You'll be able to use multiple weapons like with amiibo in the first game which should add replayability on top of it being longer than the first.
Sounds good

GokouD

Polygon said:
The line itself is a little vague: Is Marie fantasizing about a future where pineapple on pizza simply doesn’t exist? Could she be foreshadowing a future Splatfest? It’s open to interpretation, but what isn’t ambiguous is this: Marie prefers her pizza pinapple-free. Noted!

Idiots, that's referring to her preferences in some of the original game's Splatfests.

phanphare

Banned
the hub levels being larger than the first game's is great news, that was honestly my favorite part of the single player

Aleh

I can't wait to play this game... But I'll have to. If I'm lucky I'll get it later this year otherwise the wait could be even longer. Sounds so good though.

I am expecting Splatoon 2 to score higher than the first one. I predict at least between 88-85 score. I would go higher but I fear some reviewers may not like game being too similar to the first game.

I am glad it has a lot more content.

Caponetone

Neo Member
I am expecting Splatoon 2 to score higher than the first one. I predict at least between 88-85 score. I would go higher but I fear some reviewers may not like game being too similar to the first game.

I am glad it has a lot more content.

Feel like it will be in the 82-85 range. It will most likely get a bunch of 8s for being "too similar" and a decent amount 9s for the improvements across the board. Regardless, it's a must buy and will be one of the best multiplayer games for the switch, until (and if) Splatoon 3 comes out in 2-3 years.

Geg

DEdsNcXXsAI7Dh_.jpg
DEdsP6IXYAAhtF-.jpg

Feel like it will be in the 82-85 range. It will most likely get a bunch of 8s for being "too similar" and a decent amount 9s for the improvements across the board.

I mean the first game got a 81 so I am still expecting Splatoon 2 to get at least a 85 or a bit higher.

phanphare

Banned
Feel like it will be in the 82-85 range. It will most likely get a bunch of 8s for being "too similar" and a decent amount 9s for the improvements across the board. Regardless, it's a must buy and will be one of the best multiplayer games for the switch, until (and if) Splatoon 3 comes out in 2 years.

and like with Splatoon 1 the updates will start rolling out and we'll all have a good chuckle at the day 1 reviews

Geg

What I need to know is if Inkrails will work the same way in the multiplayer as they do in the SP?

I don't think we've seen any of those ink rails in the multiplayer stages. All we've seen so far are inklines and sponges, which were taken from Splatoon 1's single player.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Seems alright. Aside from the unique and original final boss, the first game's levels were almost entirely trivial and forgettable affairs of basic platforming and enemy arrangements. It also lasted a scant couple hours.

Does seem slightly improved in a sense but not by much. Still, for a MP-focused game, its a nice bonus diversion at worst.

Top Bottom