• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon devs are posting regular updates on Twitter: Weapons, controls, story, more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only remember one thing from KND:

Battle
Ready
Armor

So yeah I don't remember that show very well- Wait I remember some severe anti-aging creme as the subject of a different episode. I think that's it though.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
New tweet:

ジャッジくんはバトルの判定をする時以外、イカスツリーの入り口付近で寝ているそうだ。
ネコは「寝子」が語源と言う説があるほどよく眠る動物だ。
高齢なネコほどよく眠るらしいが、一体彼は何歳なのか?
にしても、まったく警戒心のない寝姿だ。

B_PidnKU0AAs2lY.jpg:orig

And another one:

調査員からジャッジくんの寝ている動画が送られてきた。
撮影班は最近動画に凝っているらしい。
前々から気になっていたが、変な形の尻尾だ。
そういえば、ネコは歳をとると尻尾が2つに分かれて妖怪になると聞いたことがある。
まさか……

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQbcFXFzC1E

I'm so glad the video tweet is becoming a trend.

Coolwhip

Banned
This game still looks pretty cool, but I wonder if Nintendos crappy online platform and lack of voice communication will make it even possible for it to be a success.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Other companies release bombastic story trailers for their games.

Nintendo releases 30 seconds of a cat sleeping.

New tweet:

And another one:

I'm so glad the video tweet is becoming a trend.

My translation:

In between judging turf battles, you can find Judd sleeping around the entrance to the tower in the Plaza.
Cats sleep so much that there's a theory that their [Japanese] name derives from 'sleeping child'.
They say that the older the cat, the more they sleep, but just how old is Judd?
He seems like he's got a very relaxed way of sleeping.

One of our field researchers sent us a video of Judd sleeping.
Our image division has recently been focused on video, it seems.
It's been bothering me for a while, but Judd has an oddly shaped tail.
Speaking of, I've heard that a cat's tail will split in two as they get older and they will become a ghoul [specifically, a 'youkai' in Japanese].
You don't think...

From Famitsu:

-Octolings can also have roller-type weapons, not just guns.
The introduced enemies are (strongest to weakest):
-The giant box from the solo trailer is called 'Giant Weapon' in Japanese and is the strongest enemy introduced. You can see it has little Octarian legs in the image. It will try to body slam/crush you.
-Octolings, who have the same skills as Inklings
-2-Legged Octarians, which are stronger than single-legged Octarians.
-'Divers' with diving masks on, so they can dive into the ink.
-'Octocopters' (Takopter in JP), who have propellors on their heads to make them float and difficult to attack.
-The rotund 'Octoball' enemies, with one eye, who move around spreading inking.
-Finally, 'Octopods', little robot like enemies who will chase you down and explode ink all over you.
-The point out that you can see a giant, octopus-shaped structure on the cliffs in the background of the shot of Octo Valley.
-You can use the pools of ink to perform super jumps while in squid form.
-You can shoot at propellers to make the raft your on move.
-You can shoot devices to create a 'rope' that you can travel up and down on in squid form to places you can't normally go to in human form.
-Next issue with Splatoon info is coming out on March 19th, focused on gear and weapons.

Thanks for translating StreetsAhead
Seems you weren't the only one translating this time. You already mentioned most of it though.Also old stuff
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-shares-new-details-about-splatoons-hero-mode/#more-191383
General Hero Mode details

– The goal is to retrieve energy sources which were stolen by octopuses
– There is exclusive equipment to use in Hero Mode
– Commander Atarime will aid the player with hints when facing the Octarian Army

Enemies in Hero Mode

– The number of tentacles of an enemy implies its strength
– Octolings attack in groups
– It is implied they will have rollers in addition to usual guns
– Octopus diver can dive into ink
– Octocopter floats midair so it is harder to hit
– Octopus ball has one eye and spreads ink by rolling around
– Octopus robot is a walking missile
– If it detects the player, it will rush towards him/her and will scatter ink upon explosion

Hub area

– There is a starting area from which you enter Hero Mode stages
– Commander Atarime lives there
– You enter every stage from a kettle
– The scenery is reminiscent of modern day as there are telephone poles
– A huge octopus looking building can be seen inside

Gimmicks

– Jump point: you can perform super jump to change places quickly
– Propeller lift: shoot the fan to move the lift
– Ink rail: you can reach places which would be unreachable in human form by turning into a squid

Yet another Splatoon article will be published in the March 19 issue of Famitsu. The magazine will talk about the different weapons and gear.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So. Octolings will have an entire arsenal just like the inklings.
Also. An "octopus-shaped structure"? Final weapon or level probably.
and from the screenshots
Seems Cap’n Cuttlefish will keep in contact with you during the level and give info.
And another Splatoon 4koma

Thanks for translating StreetsAhead
Seems you weren't the only one translating this time. You already mentioned most of it though.Also old stuff

I just didn't bother with stuff we already knew from Tweets.

Also the special gear they talk about for Hero Mode is almost certainly the special 'Hero Suit' that the protag wears.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
New tweet:

これは若者向けのストリート系ブランド「エゾッコ」。
スケーターファッションと呼ばれるラフなスタイルのアパレルを展開しているそうだ。
ナワバリバトルに参加しているイカはヤングなので、こういったブランドに人気が集まるもの頷ける。
B_ZxvXzUwAAr1IO.jpg:orig

You know I don't think this game is going to be as amazing as I feel people are making it out to be (it will certainly be in my top 5 and I will love it) but if there is one thing that blows me away it's this game's style.

From that sneaker ad and the sleeping cat this game is just so on point with its look. It's super impressive.

Jintor

これは若者向けのストリート系ブランド「エゾッコ」。
スケーターファッションと呼ばれるラフなスタイルのアパレルを展開しているそうだ。
ナワバリバトルに参加しているイカはヤングなので、こういったブランドに人気が集まるもの頷ける

This is a street brand intended for the youth market, "Ezokko".

Word is they develop Skate Fashion and "Rough"-style apparel.

Since Inklings who fight in Turf Battles are young, these kinds of brands are popular collector's items.

L~A

From Famitsu:

-Octolings can also have roller-type weapons, not just guns.
The introduced enemies are (strongest to weakest):
-The giant box from the solo trailer is called 'Giant Weapon' in Japanese and is the strongest enemy introduced. You can see it has little Octarian legs in the image. It will try to body slam/crush you.
-Octolings, who have the same skills as Inklings
-2-Legged Octarians, which are stronger than single-legged Octarians.
-'Divers' with diving masks on, so they can dive into the ink.
-'Octocopters' (Takopter in JP), who have propellors on their heads to make them float and difficult to attack.
-The rotund 'Octoball' enemies, with one eye, who move around spreading inking.
-Finally, 'Octopods', little robot like enemies who will chase you down and explode ink all over you.
-The point out that you can see a giant, octopus-shaped structure on the cliffs in the background of the shot of Octo Valley.
-You can use the pools of ink to perform super jumps while in squid form.
-You can shoot at propellers to make the raft your on move.
-You can shoot devices to create a 'rope' that you can travel up and down on in squid form to places you can't normally go to in human form.
-Next issue with Splatoon info is coming out on March 19th, focused on gear and weapons.

How on earth did I miss that.... thanks for the translations!

This is a street brand intended for the youth market, "Ezokko".

Word is they develop Skate Fashion and "Rough"-style apparel.

Since Inklings who fight in Turf Battles are young, these kinds of brands are popular collector's items.

Not to nit-pick because it's a great translation, but I think they mean 'casual style', not a rough one. At least, that is my understanding of ラフ.

xaszatm

Banned
New Tumblr Updates!

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/112820061147/when-hes-not-officiating-a-turf-war-judd-the-cat

Tumblr said:
When he’s not officiating a Turf War, Judd the cat can often be found sleeping at the base of Inkopolis Tower. They say cats sleep more the older they get, but just how old is this guy?

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/112869540596/attention-science-lovers-weve-received

Tumblr said:
Attention science lovers! We’ve received GROUNDBREAKING research footage of…Judd taking a catnap. Our camera crew has captured over 200 hours of video of this never-before-seen phenomenon. After analyzing this footage, we’ve discovered that, uh, Judd’s tail has a really weird shape! So don’t worry—your tax dollars are hard at work solving the mysteries of…cat stuff.

Good to know that now matter what the place, our tax dollars are always hard at work.

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/112897980019/breaking-news-the-octarian-threat-is-real-thank

Tumblr said:
BREAKING NEWS! The Octarian threat is real! Thank goodness that brave soul was there to contain the invasion!

You all thought I was crazy! Now, who's laughing?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
New tweets:

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/574866690913083393

このブキは「スプラローラー」。
塗りながら進むという性能から、接近戦用のブキだと思われがちだが、振ってインクを飛ばし、中距離で相手とわたり合うこともできるらしい。
「塗り」と「振り」の使い分けが肝心だそうだ。

B_pWNUyUwAAVFnn.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/574867039552036864

スプラローラーの性能がわかる映像を入手した。
これを見てスプラローラーを使った立ち回りをイメージしておくと良さそうだ。 http://youtu.be/CajycB26syI

Haha, they improved the death animations and sounds. It's hilarious and sad at the same time. Almost pikminesque.

Obvious, since Miyamoto also worked on this game. And Pikmin wasn't the first game with death animations like this, so, no problem :b

But this clip shows, how massive the game has been improved visually since E3 2014. I just can't wait longer.

Serafew

Neo Member
I find the flicking ink from the roller aspect to be pretty amusing. Gotta love how their clothes fall to the ground when killed too.

That's these little details that get me so hyped up for this game. It really shows how much effort Nintendo puts into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom