• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon devs are posting regular updates on Twitter: Weapons, controls, story, more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blunoise

Just pre ordered this with bloodbourne after buying code name steam! I'm hype and can't wait to make the coolest black inkling lol

zogged

This game has really shifted from something I wasn't interested in the least to something I can't wait to get my hands on. Hope the updates continue on till release.

New Tweet 1.

このブキは「ホットブラスター」。
花火のように一定距離飛んで爆発する特殊なインク弾を発射するブキだそうだ。
爆発は広範囲を攻撃できるので、物陰に隠れた相手を狙うこともできる。
使いこなすには、相手との間合いの取り方が重要になりそうだ。

New Tweet 2.

ホットブラスターの映像を入手した。
これを見れば特徴的な弾性能が理解できるだろう。
直撃させれば相手を一撃で倒すこともできるようだ。
ご確認いただきたい。https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnFQT65M0yg&feature=youtu.be

Damn, this weapon ...

Jintor

Ooooh.

このブキは「ホットブラスター」。
花火のように一定距離飛んで爆発する特殊なインク弾を発射するブキだそうだ。
爆発は広範囲を攻撃できるので、物陰に隠れた相手を狙うこともできる。
使いこなすには、相手との間合いの取り方が重要になりそうだ。

This weapon is the Hot Blaster.

Seems like a fireworks launcher - it fires a special ink shell a fixed distance before it detonates. Because it's an area-of-effect attack, you can hit opponents hiding in cover. The way you approach enemies is gonna be an important part of mastering this weapon.

ホットブラスターの映像を入手した。
これを見れば特徴的な弾性能が理解できるだろう。
直撃させれば相手を一撃で倒すこともできるようだ。
ご確認いただきたい。

We've obtained this clip of a Hot Blaster in action.

Looking at this, we might be able to understand the way its projectiles work. If an enemy gets hit directly, seems they'll be blasted in one shot. Most definitely something we'd like to get our hands on...

---

I took a little liberty with that last sentence of the second tweet, not entirely certain that's what is meant.

Jintor

You can be 'nade popped out of ink, right? Hell, I think you can be shot out of ink. Does shooting a hidden squid damage first or change the ink colour first?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
You can be 'nade popped out of ink, right? Hell, I think you can be shot out of ink. Does shooting a hidden squid damage first or change the ink colour first?

I think it's both. Because you can't hide in the enemy's ink. With the normal gun I think you are also hit, but not critical.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Oh wow, the individual leaves of a tree even can be painted. Wasn't expecting that.

Yeah, it seems that you can paint more things now. I also noticed the tree. Now I wonder if you can climb the tree in ink.

was this the map from the demo? if so it has gotten a significant upgrade.

It looks to be a different map, but there are quite visible upgrades from last year's demo.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It does indeed look like the E3 map from last year. It even had those alley-like sections with the glass bits where ink wouldn't stick.

I thought the glass alley has a different exit and the ground floor from that looked different. I have to check it again.

Edit: It looks to have the same structure, indeed, but a lot of details changed. Like now there is a transparent wall on the left of the alley and you can see the plaza, there are metal grids under the glass floor now. And different walls (height and there seems to be a similar alley on the other side now), ramps and the decor is quite changed in the big yard.

I thought the glass alley has a different exit and the ground floor from that looked different. I have to check it again.

Edit: It looks to have the same structure, indeed, but a lot of details changed. Like now there is a transparent wall on the left of the alley and you can see the plaza, there are metal grids under the glass floor now. And different walls (height and there seems to be a similar alley on the other side now), ramps and the decor is quite changed in the big yard.

Even if they look kinda blegh you can see cars going by on the other side of the glass, too.

TheMoon

kdwynbezsyl.gif

vqzgrk8kjhk.gif

thefro

The new weapon reminds me of how people use the Sticky Launcher in TF2.

With the explosion being automatic, it should be easier to use and better balanced than the TF2 weapon (where it's overpowered given that you can explode the grenade at any time and also use it defensively).

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Even if they look kinda blegh you can see cars going by on the other side of the glass, too.

It seems to be a full city (or district) behind the glass walls, from what can be seen at 0:11. I wonder if there is actually a full city behind the plaza we saw in the last direct.

Those sound effects are so glorious.

Yeah, they really hit the nail in the head with the sound effects.

DaBoss

Every painted surface we've seen that can be traversed with the squid form has been flat and allows you to go somewhere (up/down a wall/ramp, go along the wall to a different location, and the floor).

On the flip side, I don't think we've seen anything we can paint that can't be traversed with the squid form.

balohna

Going up a tree probably wouldn't be fun, but it's sort of fun to paint it.

So you can probably paint it but not travel in the ink.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Ooooh.

This weapon is the Hot Blaster.

Seems like a fireworks launcher - it fires a special ink shell a fixed distance before it detonates. Because it's an area-of-effect attack, you can hit opponents hiding in cover. The way you approach enemies is gonna be an important part of mastering this weapon.

We've obtained this clip of a Hot Blaster in action.

Looking at this, we might be able to understand the way its projectiles work. If an enemy gets hit directly, seems they'll be blasted in one shot. Most definitely something we'd like to get our hands on...

---

I took a little liberty with that last sentence of the second tweet, not entirely certain that's what is meant.
Thats a deadly weapon right there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom