• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT| Squidstyler

ViviOggi

During the Warehouse/Mall rotation I was afraid Splat Zone would be rather one-dimensional but DAMN does it get crazy on Skatepark

Kouriozan

Level 8 and he got a 3 stars gears, I still have 0 while having 30 hours of playtime.
Didn't find anything good to order from people in the city.

Rnr1224

Welp looks like I can't play online through my WiFi. Online for MK8 and Splatoon do not work. Oh well. I'm still working my way through the single-player and the amiibo challenges.

Is there a Splatoon-centric noun for "death" yet? I propose "squeef." As in, "I had 0 splats and 5 squeefs in Splat Zones because the deadly samurai team locked down that shit and we couldn't get anything going."

zlCfzTavtvYqObyrVP

Some people :)

DaBoss

I had a significant FPS drop (looked like it went to the 20s) when I used an Echolocator on Urchin Underpass on that upper path to the left side in Turf War. Outside of that moment, haven't had any FPS problems.

Haha I guess so! I do want to! I do just fine when it comes to turf wars but to be fair those can be easy as hell at times so I do want to know how I'd do when I'm mostly matched with skilled players.

But to be honest I really don't do well with online games hence my reluctance but Splatoon had been working out just fine until now. It's silly I know. >.<

Also I'm pretty busy right now so that probably doesn't help.

Thanks guys.

I feel you.

Got into a GAF lobby yesterday and got utterly dedtroyed.

I dont mind loosing as long as I do well, but nope, it was merciless.

I think I am going to stay away from ranked battles

Welp looks like I can't play online through my WiFi. Online for MK8 and Splatoon do not work. Oh well. I'm still working my way through the single-player and the amiibo challenges.
You can buy an Ethernet cable and adapter for like less than $20 overall if that helps!

This is the first online shooter that I actually enjoyed, I unlocked the tanked battle mode but am not sure it's for me if it's like team death match shit from other shooters.
This game >>> Call of Duty yeah if you agree

Razmos

During the Warehouse/Mall rotation I was afraid Splat Zone would be rather one-dimensional but DAMN does it get crazy on Skatepark
Indeed, it feels like a completely different mode depending on what map it's on. There's going to be so much variety once more maps are released.

I bet Kelp Dome Splatzones is gonna be especially crazy, with all those mesh platforms and all that open space.

Vylash

This is so good. I can't believe I actually played the console without it before. Should come built into all Wii Us now.
can you even get those without paying stupid marked up prices anymore?

Edit: I have no idea what you people are talking about with framerate drops, but then again I never notice that stuff so I just assume everyone is crazy

can you even get those without paying stupid marked up prices anymore?

Edit: I have no idea what you people are talking about with framerate drops, but then again I never notice that stuff so I just assume everyone is crazy

Haven't noticed any ingame yet (Aside the 30 from the plaza). But after the final boss i am pretty sure there are no drops in this game. ^^

Spades

Who is the best person(s) to add to get into some GAF games?

My ID is BlockMate - I'm fed up of being teamed with people who don't know what they're doing!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Made it to A ranking in splatzones!

6kVG5ex.png

Once the skatepark came into rotation everything just clicked. Two zones makes all the difference.

P.S. Splatshoot Jr. is still the best guys, you know it to be true!

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Made it to A ranking in splatzones!

http://i.imgur.com/6kVG5ex.png[IMG]

Once the skatepark came into rotation everything just clicked. Two zones makes all the difference.

P.S. Splatshoot Jr. is still the best guys, you know it to be true![/QUOTE]
Nice! Are you the first in SplatGAF?

phanphare

Banned
jeez, I don't think I'll get to rank C let alone A haha

still a really fun mode though. although I haven't gone deep in it yet because I wanted to try out port mackerel.

ViviOggi

Thats heavy...still no sign on Yoshi Wooly World Special Edition in germany?
Amazon had it and the standalone Yarn Yoshis right after the Direct they were announced at. I managed to secure a preorder but haven't heard anything since. They were gone pretty fast as you can imagine.

Yikes... Callie & Marie's news flashes are even longer now. They should really condense it to just one screen with the info you can click through, but still ended by 'stay freeesh' because that's iconic.

Gonna try out the new map and then jump into ranked later.

NotLiquid

What some maps have two splatzones? :eek:
That's what I wanted, and was disappointed this morning

Yeah the narrow stages only have one Splat Zone. It feels like it was done consciously because there's no reason to put multiple ones as everyone gravitates towards the center.

Stages like Blackbelly Skatepark have more than one because there's a much wider playing field to deal with.

Top Bottom