• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT| Squidstyler

Made it to A ranking in splatzones!

6kVG5ex.png

Once the skatepark came into rotation everything just clicked. Two zones makes all the difference.

P.S. Splatshoot Jr. is still the best guys, you know it to be true!

Your coins, DAYUM!

Thanks for the advice on the weapon, might give it a try later. get rekt with it later.

This would make it unbalanced since you could be in a team with 3 of your homies facing 4 randoms who are not in sync with eachother.

And I know people would also complain when they are on their own in Splatzones facing 4 Japanese Elite Yakuza Generals with 3 randoms.

This is not a problem in at least the five largest esports games. Why shouldn't it be a feature here?

Grakl

Made it to A ranking in splatzones!

6kVG5ex.png

Once the skatepark came into rotation everything just clicked. Two zones makes all the difference.

P.S. Splatshoot Jr. is still the best guys, you know it to be true!
Splattershot Jr. is my favorite weapon other than the Kelp Charger, yeah.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Nice! Are you the first in SplatGAF?

Maybe, though that's probably because I played it for six hours straight. That would be kinda sad if I I wasn't cloudying my brain right now.

You have to paint the two zones at the same time for the counter to decrease?

You do, but they are small and placed to where whoever controls the middle tower can control both spots.

Gsnap

Well that was the worst lag I've ever had. I obviously can't control a zone if the ink I lay down doesn't even show up. : /

Beartruck

Man, when a splat zone turns over can be very arbitrary occasionally. My team was about to lose, but we rallied and covered 95% of the zone and then we ran off most of the enemy team, but nope, didn't count, they still have possession, and now we've lost. It literally showed the results screen with our team's paint completely covering the point.

Oh, somebody mentioned fps dips.

I experienced MASSIVE fps tanks in the plaza (don't know the name in english).

It was for a mere 2-3 seconds, always at the begining of a match. Experienced two or three times, and some fps dips in other areas but not as massive. Always at the begining of a match, nothing too serious.

DaBoss

I think the Gold Dynamo Roller is the roller to go for in Splat Zones. That Inkstrike is very helpful and Splat Bombs can help get enemies out. But the normal Dynamo Roller is helpful as well with its sprinkler and Echolocator.

MouldyK

"Splat" is the transitive verb form, "splatted" is the passive verb form

Dude, you came up with it earlier:

holy shit i went 21 splats to 3 dissolves that ranked match. This game is nuts

Splat/Dissolve Ratio.

This is not a problem in at least the five largest esports games. Why shouldn't it be a feature here?

In these E-Sports, you have chat.

We need both Chat and Teams in order to function like you want.

But i'm not against that. :)

haikira

Had a quick go with the new content earlier, and plan to get stuck in again after work. God, I love this game. The irony is, I was quite on the fence about picking it up, now I don't doubt it'll make my top ten of the year.

Also, went through google images, and made some 1080p wallpapers, if anyone is interested: 01-02-03-04-05-06-07

EDIT: Also, just noticed how active this thread is. Very nice to see!

EDIT2: Fixed the image links. They're no longer linking to the thumbnails.

Grakl

Oh, somebody mentioned fps dips.

I experienced MASSIVE fps tanks in the plaza (don't know the name in english).

It was for a mere 2-3 seconds, always at the begining of a match. Experienced two or three times, and some fps dips in other areas but not as massive. Always at the begining of a match, nothing too serious.
Spawn point, you mean? The hub is a plaza, and that lags, but you're talking about in match.

Xeteh

Had a quick go with the new content earlier, and plan to get stuck in again after work. God, I love this game. The irony is, I was quite on the fence about picking it up, now I don't doubt it'll make my top ten of the year.

Also, went through google images, and made some 1080p wallpapers, if anyone is interested: 01-02-03-04-05-06-07

EDIT: Also, just noticed how active this thread is. Very nice to see!

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

:O
Seriously?

The Cap'n also yells out 'The Squid Sisters!' when they take over the radio lines

But this really is the only game since TF2 that I can play for hours and not feel the littlest bit tired or overwhelmed. Roller lag annoys me but I'm still consistently scoring high even in lost matches so it's not much of a problem, and Squid Jump is unexpectedly addicting in the wait between. Only played a few ranked matches (lost them all) but it's also so goddamn fun that I don't even care. I'm surprised Saltspray doesn't have two Splatzones, though.

maxcriden

Yay! I signed up for a GameFly trial yesterday just to rent Splatoon, since I'm only really interested in Single Player. They said it was low availability and when I asked CS I was told they usually will ship in 2-3 days for most games, although with the low availability indicator it seemed less clear what the timeframe would be so I wasn't sure if the 2-3 day window would apply. Anyway, I got an email this morning that the game has shipped. I've heard sometimes it can take like a week these days to get a game from GF, and it's shipping from Kansas City --> ATL since my primary shipping center didn't have it, but even if it comes in a week that should be plenty of time for my 30 day trial. So I get to play it for free. Yahoo!

phanphare

Banned
oh and I've now come to the conclusion that I quite like how the maps and gear are handled. I guess this is something that makes Animal Crossing fun as well but I've never played one of those games. I just love getting home from work and being like "oh, I wonder what maps are in rotation now and what gear is in the shops." it keeps me anticipating what will be new every time I boot the game. like on paper it sounds kind of lame. "hey you can't have that hat now unless you pay a lot more for it from spyke. otherwise you'll just have to wait until it shows up in your shop." that sounds bad but in practice I've found it pretty enjoyable. it keeps Splatoon feeling............wait for it.............fresh.

ViviOggi

LAWD the .96 gal in splat zone

sprinkler so insanely good, inkstrike without cooldown, and with ninja squid and your unexpected range you just double tap all those filthy charger campers on their cute little ledges before they ever realize what's going on AND ON TOP OF THAT you get the amazing echolocator special

oh and I've now come to the conclusion that I quite like how the maps and gear are handled. I guess this is something that makes Animal Crossing fun as well but I've never played one of those games. I just love getting home from work and being like "oh, I wonder what maps are in rotation now and what gear is in the shops." it keeps me anticipating what will be new every time I boot the game. like on paper it sounds kind of lame. "hey you can't have that hat now unless you pay a lot more for it from spyke. otherwise you'll just have to wait until it shows up in your shop." that sounds bad but in practice I've found it pretty enjoyable. it keeps Splatoon feeling............wait for it.............fresh.

So does the gear rotate as well? Always seems to be the same stuff in my shops.

Grakl

LAWD the .96 gal in splat zone

sprinkler so insanely good, inkstrike without cooldown, and with ninja squid and your unexpected range you just double tap all those filthy charger campers on their cute little ledges before they ever realize what's going on AND ON TOP OF THAT you get the amazing echolocator special
Fuk u bruv

The shop rotation is pretty great and miles better than in Animal Crossing where every single character wants you to fish but you already bought the items of the day so you can't get a Fishing Rod until tomorrow.

I haven't played that much to feel tired by the map rotation either - it's only mildly annoying when you play the same map 5 times in a row, but that should happen less when the third map is added to the rotation.

Top Bottom