• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILERS Pokemon Sun/Moon Begins to leak on 4Chan

Carl7

I'm hyped again lol. Loved that the battle tree is super hard and that you can check IVs in the PC.

I hope the pokemon bank gets updated to also show IV and EVs. In fact I wouldnt mind a price increase if it had more features.

UberTag

I believe you start collecting cells after first island.
You should easily have enough cells for the 10% Zygarde form by the time you get the capability to assemble them around the mid-game point. I think he's fair game to incorporate into team building plans. It's not like the dog is overpowered or anything. Only boasts a BST of 486.

Battle Royal seems very dumb. Why isn't it until there's only one trainer left standing?

So that gang ups are minimized and to make sure that the mode remains as interesting as possible throughout. Because the match ends one one person has all their pokemon knocked out, it becomes about preservation and a different sort of timing than the norm while keeping everyone in the game. You always have to worry about 4 players, which is kinda the point when you want these sorts of modes.

Razmos

Did I hear right that when a Corsola calls for help
a Mareanie might be called instead that attacks it
?

That's awesomely dark if so

Did I hear right that when a Corsola calls for help
a Mareanie might be called instead that attacks it
?

That's awesomely dark if so

That's not impossible, there were hordes of Zangoose and Seviper in XY that were sorted together and they are programmed to attack each other until one side is done.

Carl7

Some dude is trying to wondertrade a cloned French shiny Silvally with the O.T. 4chan.org and is trying to act like its legit

DZUYM9b.png

The amount of hacked mons on wondertrade, most of which are Chinese for some reason, is staggering, especially since like probably 90% of the people currently playing the game right now are Pkhex users who can gen whichever Pokemon they want, so what is even the point? You ain't fooling anyone fam.

The game hasn't even come out and Wondertrade is already a clusterfuck.

That's so lame. I don't care about hacking in pokemon, but people could at least leave the wondertrade to players who wanna play clean.

You should easily have enough cells for the 10% Zygarde form by the time you get the capability to assemble them around the mid-game point. I think he's fair game to incorporate into team building plans. It's not like the dog is overpowered or anything. Only boasts a BST of 486.

Full BST doesn't really matter when you have 100 Atk and 115 Speed. That's enough to destroy things in the main campaign on its own.

That's so lame. I don't care about hacking in pokemon, but people could at least leave the wondertrade to players who wanna play clean.

This is entirely on GF for having shit hack checks.

My salt at toxapex ruining Mareanie's amazing design just continues to mount...

IiGNEQR.jpg

Why u dis to me gamefreak?

(fun note: mareanie's shiny colour matches corsola's normal colour, while corsola's shiny mirrors mareanie's normal colours. Nice :3 )
Also, inkling teeth!

Joqu

Pokémon from an alternate dimension.

The JRPGification of Pokémon continues.

I don't find the UBs to be much crazier than say, a Pokemon like Deoxys tbh.

Or look at the Gen 4 legendaries. Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and especially Arceus? The UBs are tame in comparison

Joqu

My salt at toxapex ruining Mareanie's amazing design just continues to mount...

IiGNEQR.jpg

Why u dis to me gamefreak?

(fun note: mareanie's shiny colour matches corsola's normal colour, while corsola's shiny mirrors mareanie's normal colours. Nice :3 )
Also, inkling teeth!

Any Toxapex closeups? Maybe it looks better up close :(

edit: sorry about the double post, I thought I was editing >>

Any Toxapex closeups? Maybe it looks better up close :(

Unfortunately, Toxapex seems a little more camera shy...

C895Fgl.png

It basically loses the lower section of it's body, it's mouth turns into something like haunter's mouth and the head seems to shrink considerably

Joqu

C895Fgl.png

It basically loses the lower section of it's body, it's mouth turns into something like haunter's mouth and the head seems to shrink considerably

Hmm. Yeah, I just want to find a nice closeup of its head. I'm having a bit of a hard time interpreting it.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Can someone update the OP with a list of the new Pokémon stats and moveset?

It would make it easier for anyone doing team building.

C895Fgl.png

Man I've dug Mareanie since I saw it in the TCG leak. The evolution is disappointing.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

C895Fgl.png

It doesnt really lose the lower section it's just raised up by it's "hair"
Man I've dug Mareanie since I saw it in the TCG leak. The evolution is disappointing.

Psh it's hilariously great

Yeah, agreed :/

Hmm. Yeah, I just want to find a nice closeup of its head. I'm having a bit of a hard time interpreting it.
best pic I could find was the one below...

It doesnt really lose the lower section it's just raised up by it's "hair"
Oh no, the lower section is defintely gone.

rHtnXB.png
vs
dC2S59.png

note that the lower 'second' section of the body is completely missing.

edit: despite some messed up proportions, this fan art is fairly accurate for those wanting a better look
origin: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5cpsbp/my_sister_hand_drew_toxapex/

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't find the UBs to be much crazier than say, a Pokemon like Deoxys tbh.

Or look at the Gen 4 legendaries. Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and especially Arceus? The UBs are tame in comparison

I mean, I think lorewise the UBs are probably more acceptable than the Gen IV legendaries. I can probably just about accept Pokemon from another dimension more than I can accept a Pokemon that is literally God. However, the UBs then compound being right on the edge of narrative cohesion by having an enormous design clash with the normal Pokemon aesthetic. They're just... not Pokemon to me. The Gen IV legends also do this - Palkia in particular is a monstrously bad design - but UBs took it another step further.

Honestly, the less I have to look/think about them, the better. Thankfully, I think if you ignore them, the quality of Gen VII's new designs are actually pretty good.

But yeah, count me out on Ultra Beasts.

EDIT: I don;t think Toxapek's head will shrink in the Sugimori art. I think it will just have been a victim of bad model scaling, same as Wailord is - large Pokemon get their models shrunk so they look out of proportion. I think the point is that Toxapek has shed/broken free the bottom part of the body to float freely, but has the same general head etc. It getting smaller doesn't make design sense thematically.

Might be wrong, but I think that's what the Sugimori art will show.

Biske

I dunno, there is a strange magic to wonder trading a Rattata and getting a shiny perfect IV protean froakie or whatever, is it legit? hacked? i don't give a damn.

Zelias

Banned
Glad my fears about EV training weren't founded. Though I'm still concerned about levelling to 100 for Hyper Training. Are we just going to have to farm the E4? Though I suppose with wild chains being efficient for EV training we could set up our Festival Plazas for stalls with the level up meals...

PK Gaming

I mean, I think lorewise the UBs are probably more acceptable than the Gen IV legendaries. I can probably just about accept Pokemon from another dimension more than I can accept a Pokemon that is literally God. However, the UBs then compound being right on the edge of narrative cohesion by having an enormous design clash with the normal Pokemon aesthetic. They're just... not Pokemon to me. The Gen IV legends also do this - Palkia in particular is a monstrously bad design - but UBs took it another step further.

Honestly, the less I have to look/think about them, the better. Thankfully, I think if you ignore them, the quality of Gen VII's new designs are actually pretty good.

They're not supposed to look like standard Pokemon though, that's the entire point. You have these alien-like and mysterious lifeforms that don't really act like Pokemon show and it makes them significantly more intriguing as a result.

Real talk, UB's are without a doubt one of the best parts of Gen VII for me.

So how does
defending your champion title work? It's kind of weird if you have to through the Elite 4 again to challenge trainers like Hau, Plumeria, and Dexio if you're already the champion.

So how does
defending your champion title work? It's kind of weird if you have to through the Elite 4 again to challenge trainers like Hau, Plumeria, and Dexio if you're already the champion.

Pretty much like that, you fight through the Elite 4, and a random Trainer from a preselected pool (including Youngster Tristan from the beginning of the Game LOL) will challenge you.

EDIT: I don;t think Toxapek's head will shrink in the Sugimori art. I think it will just have been a victim of bad model scaling, same as Wailord is - large Pokemon get their models shrunk so they look out of proportion. I think the point is that Toxapek has shed/broken free the bottom part of the body to float freely, but has the same general head etc. It getting smaller doesn't make design sense thematically.

Might be wrong, but I think that's what the Sugimori art will show.
You're probably right, but whether the head shrunk or the rest of it grew, the result is equally less cute than Mareanie to me :p

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
They're not supposed to look like standard Pokemon though, that's the entire point. The large contrast in design is something they were clearly gunning for. You have these alien-like and mysterious lifeforms that don't really act like Pokemon show and it makes them significantly more intriguing as a result.

UB's are without a doubt one of the best parts of Gen VII for me.

Yeah, but as we discussed before, we have very different desires for the series' aesthetic. I always saw Pokemon as just: here's our world, but accept one extra premise - the addition of these Pocket Monsters! and everything develops from there. It speaks to the kid in me, the way you always thought about walking out the door, and just exploring the world, meeting friends, fighting your way through the forests and climbing the mountaintops, really evoking that smalltown vibe. The more additional premises you have to add - e.g. now the kid goes into space! (Delta episode) or now there are extradimensional invaders! (Sun/Moon) - the more I just fell out of love with the series aesthetic. That's not my dream. When I walked the door as a kid, I wasn't going to bump into extradimensional invaders.

Less Final Fantasy, more Famous Five.

Less Dragon Ball Z, more Dragon Ball.

Vuapol

I've been avoiding story spoilers as best I can, but from what I have heard apparently you don't get Type: Null until the post game, that there's only one and that it can't breed, which is disappointing since I was really looking forward to using it in the main story.

I was just wondering what level the gifted Type: Null was since I was thinking of trading it over and using it in a second playthrough since I'm probably going to get both Sun and Moon eventually.

I was looking the stats for UB-02 Expansion and since its ability
boosts the highest stat and its highest stat is both Attack and Defense, I was wondering which one does it boost? Attack or Defense or is just random?

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I was looking the stats for UB-02 Expansion and since its ability
boosts the highest stat and its highest stat is both Attack and Defense, which one does it boost? Attack or Defense or is just random?

Thanks.

depends on IVs and nature, apparently.

Toxi

Banned
I will never complain about the ability to fight with a mosquito bodybuilder.

Also, is it just coincidence that Ultra Beasts resemble certain characters? Kinda funny considering everyone was wondering what the hell is up with that.

I will never complain about the ability to fight with a mosquito bodybuilder.

Also, is it just coincidence that Ultra Beasts resemble certain characters? Kinda funny considering everyone was wondering what the hell is up with that.

Yes and No.
There's an implication made on why Lillie looks like UB-01, but the others are purely coincidence.

Sandfox

Those "sos battles" seem really good for both training and shiny hunting. I'm glad Gamefreak seemingly hasn't let us down in that regard.

Top Bottom