• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILERS Pokemon Sun/Moon Begins to leak on 4Chan

Tomita

I've read maybe two-thirds of this thread, but let me get this straight... You can't rebattle trainers? How are you supposed to grind for money then? ):

Also how soon in the game can you breed?

I saw that Ditto can be found
on the third island. How long does it take to progress that far in the game? ._. Like what level would your team be or how many trials is that?

Also I pray to god we even get a third version because I love how the third game always builds upon the lore/story/world of the game... but after the lack of Z (which I really wanted since XY sounded so mediocre... Never played X or Y because I was waiting for Z to come out) I have no hope for a third version now, which disappoints me a lot as a long time Pokemon fan. To think about how much Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and Black2/White2 built upon the previous two games, and how we'll never get to experience that again... Why Game Freak ): Especially since the post game for Sun/Moon is weak again? It's great to hear that the story will be good in a Pokemon game again, but this gen sounds like another disappointment.

Sandfox

I've read maybe two-thirds of this thread, but let me get this straight... You can't rebattle trainers? How are you supposed to grind for money then? ):

Also how soon in the game can you breed?

I saw that Ditto can be found
on the third island. How long does it take to progress that far in the game? ._. Like what level would your team be or how many trials is that?

Also I pray to god we even get a third version because I love how the third game always builds upon the lore/story/world of the game... but after the lack of Z (which I really wanted since XY sounded so mediocre... Never played X or Y because I was waiting for Z to come out) I have no hope for a third version now, which disappoints me a lot as a long time Pokemon fan. To think about how much Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and Black2/White2 built upon the previous two games, and how we'll never get to experience that again... Why Game Freak ): Especially since the post game for Sun/Moon is weak again? It's great to hear that the story will be good in a Pokemon game again, but this gen sounds like another disappointment.
The game throws a lot of money at you and should never be a problem in the post game from what I've heard.

Yeah, agreed :/

best pic I could find was the one below...

Oh no, the lower section is defintely gone.

rHtnXB.png
vs
dC2S59.png

note that the lower 'second' section of the body is completely missing.

edit: despite some messed up proportions, this fan art is fairly accurate for those wanting a better look

origin: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5cpsbp/my_sister_hand_drew_toxapex/

I wanna see what Toxapex looks like drawn underwater. It probably swims like a jellyfish.

Delio

I really like how Toxapex looks personally. Tho it does seem like a Pokemon you'd have trouble hugging without killing yourself.

Puruzi

Banned
I'd like Toxapex more if it wasn't Mareanie's evolution. Toxapex is fine on it's own but Mareanie's design is so much better.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'd like Toxapex more if it wasn't Mareanie's evolution. Toxapex is fine on it's own but Mareanie's design is so much better.

to me the problem is that it looks like a stage one going straight to 3
It's based on a crown of thorns starfish, so it probably doesn't swim and just crawls along the bottom.

crown-of-thorns-starfish-phuket-big1.jpg

They enjoy coral :)

Oh no, the lower section is defintely gone.

rHtnXB.png
vs
dC2S59.png

note that the lower 'second' section of the body is completely missing.

edit: despite some messed up proportions, this fan art is fairly accurate for those wanting a better look

origin: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5cpsbp/my_sister_hand_drew_toxapex/

Ah, it just looks similar in size because the remaining pieces got bigger

.JayZii

Banned
If Toxapex had another layer of frills on the internal body, or some tentacles, or something, it would look a lot better. It looks very awkward, as is. Like they completely changed the design motif from its pre-evolution.

Qurupeke

Question regarding the Legendary Pokemon in the story:
Is it possible to soft reset for the nature before them? Especially in Tapu Koko's case. What happens if it faints?

Tomita

The game throws a lot of money at you and should never be a problem in the post game from what I've heard.

Well, I'm moreso worried about grinding for money before the post game. I'm not one of those players that rushes through the story just to beat the Elite Four and get to the post game content (though I definitely enjoy post game content too). I'd like to breed and wonder trade early on without worrying about money, and buying the clothes would be fun too cause I never played XY so missed out on that option.

Hopefully if the game is as generous as you say I won't have money woes.

Milijango

If Toxapex had another layer of frills on the internal body, or some tentacles, or something, it would look a lot better. It looks very awkward, as is. Like they completely changed the design motif from its pre-evolution.

The battle stance is very flat-footed, too, and feels a bit like a t-pose. It reminds of Chesnaught; there's not much personality to it.

Terrain was in Pokemon XY. It's a 50% boost to the associated type, except for Misty Terrain, which just blocks status conditions and halves dragon damage.

It was, but needing to waste a moveslot on it is why people didn't use it.

Now that they've made Terrains an ability akin to weather...

ohboy.gif

TDLink

So someone please answer me this so I don't have to read all ~90 pages:

1. How long is the main campaign compared to other entries?
  2. What is there for post game?

Yeah I'm not liking the sounds of the singles meta as it stands right now. Weather Wars 2 sounds bad enough but terrain on top of that sounds awful. There's even a one-size fits all defensive Pokémon in Toxapex like Ferrothorn was in gen 5.

VGC could be significantly different, I dunno.

So someone please answer me this so I don't have to read all ~90 pages:

1. How long is the main campaign compared to other entries?
  2. What is there for post game?

1. About 15 hours rushed (not much catching, not much exploring etc.). The game is rather dense on story and I recommend turning off the EXP share and enabling Set Battle and Text Speed Fast in the Options menu. It'll probably take most people around 30 hours to beat.
2. There's the Battle Tree which is basically a cross between the PWT and the Battle Tower only even harder than previous Battle Tower likes. There's a Postgame Quest. There's upgrading Pokepelago and the Festival Plaza, Collecting the TMs (which come with some oddly dark material on occasion such as with TM Fling), Zygarde Complete, Catching the Tapus, Catching the third Legendary, Taking on the league's challengers since you're the champion, collecting the remaining Z-Crystals and the ever so classic multiplayer with now upgraded EV training. That's about it I think.

Yeah Tokapex just seems weird honestly. Like I can see what they were going for with that starfish, but its not something I'd ever have on my team, because it just looks like a load of spikes with no discernible character.

Yeah I'm not liking the sounds of the meta as it stands right now. Weather Wars 2 sounds bad enough but terrain on top of that sounds awful.

There's even a one-size fits all defensive Pokémon in Toxapex like Ferrothorn was in gen 5.

Only problem is that Xurkhitree is stall's worst enemy and Toxapex is not going to survive against it.

I'm playing with spreads (ignore the names as I changed BSTs to reflect Xurkitree and Toxapex's stats)

252+ SpA Life Orb Raichu Thunderbolt vs. 240 HP / 244 SpD Tentacruel: 328-385 (90.8 - 106.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

That is not going to last long. God help if they Xurkitree is under Electric Terrain and gets a Tail Glow off.

In comparison, Ferrothorn had way too many resistances and reliable recovery, which made it extra annoying.

Yeah Tokapex just seems weird honestly. Like I can see what they were going for with that starfish, but its not something I'd ever have on my team, because it just looks like a load of spikes with no discernible character.

Seems like the next ferrothorn.

Good in competitive, but its something I would never use on an ingame team.

Guys!

People on Smogon and /vp/ have been testing Araquanid, and it turns out that it's Water Bubble ability also *doubles* the base power of Water attacks before adding STAB!!! My boy is redeemed!

LordKano

Hello, I don't want to be spoiled or anything but I just wanted to know if you liked the game, if it lived up to the massive hype it has, or if it is a disappointment like X/Y kinda was ?

Can you catch Marshadow post game?

It's a mythical. So it'll release someday. It might be one of my favorites because its exclusive Z-move is an incredible Hokuto No Ken Reference, which is perfect because it's a fighting type and its name refers to both Mars and Martial arts.

Guys!

People on Smogon and /vp/ have been testing Aquarachnid, and it turns out that it's Water Bubble ability also *doubles* the base power of Water attacks before adding STAB!!! My boy is redeemed!

What's with Water/bugs being practically spat on for generations then getting not one but TWO incredible reps.

TDLink

Hard to say as people have been rushing the game so people experiences may vary.

Hunting for Ultra Beast and doing the Battle Tree, post game content is once again light.

1. About 15 hours rushed (not much catching, not much exploring etc.). The game is rather dense on story and I recommend turning off the EXP share and enabling Set Battle and Text Speed Fast in the Options menu. It'll probably take most people around 30 hours to beat.
2. There's the Battle Tree which is basically a cross between the PWT and the Battle Tower only even harder than previous Battle Tower likes. There's a Postgame Quest. There's upgrading Pokepelago and the Festival Plaza, Collecting the TMs (which come with some oddly dark material on occasion such as with TM Fling), Zygarde Complete, Catching the Tapus, Catching the third Legendary, Taking on the league's challengers since you're the champion, collecting the remaining Z-Crystals and the ever so classic multiplayer with now upgraded EV training. That's about it I think.

Thanks for the answers. I liked X but was disappointed with its post game. Got bored with Alpha Sapphire around Kyogre. Not really sure still if I want to take the plunge on this one.

Daemul

Seems like the next ferrothorn.

Good in competitive, but its something I would never use on an ingame team.

>Ferrothorn
>Never use on an ingame team

BK9neK.gif

The dude is godly, nothing in the main game is equipped enough to deal with him, you can ROFLstomp through teams with him.

Top Bottom