• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILERS Pokemon Sun/Moon Begins to leak on 4Chan

Avixph

I mean by this point there are multiple ways. Stores breaking street date, a online shop shipped it's copies early, there's even a ROM already. Honestly, how are you surprised by this when this thread is at almost 100 pages?

Oh I'm not surprised I've been following this thread from the beginning. I'm just asking because I want know where I can get it early near me.

That's what I mean. Is it possible the data obtained from the illegally download copies might differ from the retail version?

I doubt it's any crucial data like new pokemon, moves, abilities, etc. If anything its behind the scenes stuff that doesn't matter to us. Gen 5 had that thing where roms wouldn't allow any of your pokemon to gain xp. It's probably just anti piracy stuff.

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/798284426014846976

I'm not totally sure on what this means, but apparently the downloaded copies of the game are incomplete and are coded to not trigger an update the actual carts are set to have on, presumably, release date.
I'm guessing the game is saying update available which could make the game refuse to boot as it tries to download a non-existent update or it gets connection errors for being outdated.

It also apparently doesn't mean anything as apparently dumping carts and converting to cia (for installation via cfw 3DS) can destroy version info (it also destroys unique headers carts have...players using flashcarts have been banned for multiple unique carts being online at the same time i.e. all the same rom dump).

Edit: From IRC apparently:
<&SciresM> Sun/Moon on eshop are identical to as they were yesterday
<&SciresM> The CIAs people installed were v0
<&SciresM> because the 4chan leaker crafted his CIAs...poorly
Yay bad dumps.

Carl7

Imagine sableye fainting that shiny carbink you just found in the wild.

latest

Dratini with a rod in safari zone in RBY was sick though I wish more pokemon were treated special and made hard to find attain like that

I agree. It's part of the reason why Dragonite is tied with Weavile as my all time favorite.

I just want to play these games already.

Seil

How do you get an everstone in this? Is there an easy way or do you farm the roggen rock thing and geodudes?

You're given an everstone for free by Ilima if you go to his house at some point in the game, I didn't know this was a thing until postgame but the unlock condition could be any point after completing his trial.

You can also buy Everstones for like 16 BP at the Battle Royal Dome. And they may be held by wild Pokemon as in the past, not sure.

UberTag

You're given an everstone for free by Ilima if you go to his house at some point in the game, I didn't know this was a thing until postgame but the unlock condition could be any point after completing his trial.

You can also buy Everstones for like 16 BP at the Battle Royal Dome. And they may be held by wild Pokemon as in the past, not sure.
Roggenrola hold Everstones at a 50% rate just as they have in the past.
They're found in abundance on Ten Carat Hill towards the end of Melemele Island.

Geodude have them as well albeit at a more typical 5% rate.

After going through the raw encounter table dump from @SciresM over the weekend it now turns out that Goodra, Garchomp and Vanilluxe are NOT exclusive pokemon as I had believed. And, as a result, presumably Flygon, Metagross and Gigalith are in the clear as well.

As it turns out, Goomy, Gabite, Vanillish and Castform show up in the wild as part of an additional SOS encounter dynamic I'm not entirely clear on.

As such, I would submit that the ONLY version exclusives are as follows...

SUN

Alolan Ninetales
Braviary
Buzzwole
Carracosta
Kartana
Passimian
Rampardos
Solgaleo
Turtonator
Whimsicott

Lycanroc (superior midday form) - can be caught in Moon, just not evolved there

MOON

Alolan Sandslash
Archeops
Bastiodon
Celesteela
Drampa
Lilligant
Lunala
Mandibuzz
Oranguru
Pheromosa

Lycanroc (inferior midnight form) - can be caught in Sun, just not evolved there

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/798284426014846976

I'm not totally sure on what this means, but apparently the downloaded copies of the game are incomplete and are coded to not trigger an update the actual carts are set to have on, presumably, release date.

Just a read a post on /vp/ claiming that the illegal dumps aren't incomplete and that showing incorrect version numbering is normal for cia game packages.

clemenx

Banned
I'm guessing the game is saying update available which could make the game refuse to boot as it tries to download a non-existent update or it gets connection errors for being outdated.

It also apparently doesn't mean anything as apparently dumping carts and converting to cia (for installation via cfw 3DS) can destroy version info (it also destroys unique headers carts have...players using flashcarts have been banned for multiple unique carts being online at the same time i.e. all the same rom dump).

Edit: From IRC apparently:

Yay bad dumps.

lol so its nothing?

After going through the raw encounter table dump from @SciresM over the weekend it now turns out that Goodra, Gabite and Vanilluxe are NOT exclusive pokemon as I had believed. And, as a result, presumably Flygon, Metagross and Gigalith are in the clear as well.

As it turns out, Goomy, Gabite, Vanillite and Castform show up in the wild as part of an additional SOS encounter dynamic I'm not entirely clear on.
Taking that into account, does this mean this is the exclusives list?

Sun
Solgaleo
Kartana
Buzzwole
Passimian
Turtonator
Whimsicott
Braviary
Rampardos
Carracosta

Moon
Lunala
Celesteela
Pheromosa
Oranguru
Drampa
Lilligant
Mandibuzz
Bastiodon
Archeops

Correct me if I'm off or forgetting some.

UberTag

Taking that into account, does this mean this is the exclusives list?

Sun
Solgaleo
Kartana
Buzzwole
Passimian
Turtonator
Whimsicott
Braviary
Rampardos
Carracosta

Moon
Lunala
Celesteela
Pheromosa
Oranguru
Drampa
Lilligant
Mandibuzz
Bastiodon
Archeops

Correct me if I'm off or forgetting some.
Believe you nailed all of them except for the Alolan ice variants for Ninetales and Sandslash... I've updated my post above to reflect everything.

Seil

The common non-legendary / non-UB pokemon can still be caught post-game in the other version by hopping across dimensions to the other game realm where you acquire Cosmog #2.
That includes the fossils as they are purchased; not given.

If you're implying what I think you are, you're mistaken. Going to the Sun world in Moon will not allow you to catch Alolan Vulpix, for example.

The Fossil selection also doesn't change between dimensions. You're stuck with Plume and Shield in Moon either way.

UberTag

If you're implying what I think you are, you're mistaken. Going to the Sun world in Moon will not allow you to catch Alolan Vulpix, for example.

The Fossil selection also doesn't change between dimensions. You're stuck with Plume and Shield in Moon either way.
Really? Odd that they'd apply some exclusivity restrictions and not others. I'll reflect those changes then.
Am I correct in assuming that the other 8 pokemon - Braviary, Drampa, Lilligant, Mandibuzz, Oranguru, Passimian, Turtonator and Whimsicott - are available in both games provided you dimension hop?
And, if not, what's the point of even making that a thing except to troll and confuse?

Seil

Really? Odd that they'd apply some exclusivity restrictions and not others. I'll reflect those changes then.
Am I correct in assuming that the other 8 pokemon - Braviary, Drampa, Lilligant, Mandibuzz, Oranguru, Passimian, Turtonator and Whimsicott - are available in both games provided you dimension hop?
And, if not, what's the point of even making that a thing except to troll and confuse?

I'm assuming they're all exclusive, I haven't tested but I'm gonna say they are. I'll check something like Cottonee in a few moments.

The difference with Lycanroc is that it's an alternate form, not an entirely different Pokemon.

The dimension hop still lets you enter the other time of day for time based evolutions and (from what I currently understand) Zygarde Cells... I think some zygarde cells only appear at certain times.

Edit: Also, you'll notice Cottonee doesn't appear in any of the raw encounter tables, which are from Moon

And Lycanroc just specifies Lycanroc in general, not a particular form, in the wild encounters.

Edit2: Still just Petilil in the Sun dimension on Moon as expected.

UberTag

I'm assuming they're all exclusive, I haven't tested but I'm gonna say they are. I'll check something like Cottonee in a few moments.

The difference with Lycanroc is that it's an alternate form, not an entirely different Pokemon.

The dimension hop still lets you enter the other time of day for time based evolutions and (from what I currently understand) Zygarde Cells... I think some zygarde cells only appear at certain times.

Edit: Also, you'll notice Cottonee doesn't appear in any of the raw encounter tables, which are from Moon

And Lycanroc just specifies Lycanroc in general, not a particular form, in the wild encounters.

Edit2: Still just Petilil in the Sun dimension on Moon as expected.
Man, that's going to confuse people fierce. You can jump dimensions to what they represent is the other game but none of the pokemon are different, none of the shops offer anything new and all of the trainers act as if you've beaten them before. But hey, it's daylight now. It's like you set your clock ahead 12 hours. That's cool, right?

How long does it take to complete two grand trials?

Im at 20 hours playtime and I jussst finished Mallows trial on Akala... I still think I got an hour and a half till Olivia and thats not including if Team Skull gets in the way in the meantime.

I have been taking my time and exploring though.

The team i will be using for moon

http://imgur.com/lrlAniV

lrlAniV

R.I.P half of my team if i face a dark type trainer though, haha.

You're kind already screwed, everything has bite and pursuit lol

By the way for effective SOS chaining, I suggest you guys prepare yourself a smeargle with false swipe, recycle, a damage move and a recovery move.

False swipe will put the pokemon at 1 hp, making it call for help often and it will also be your move to waste turns if the pokemon doesn't call for help. A recovery move to counteract residual damage, like giga drain or draining kiss, a damage move to progress through the chains (ideally something opposite from the type chart to your recovery move if it has a damage component that way your smeargle will be more rounded for different pokemon types). For ghost pokemons (as false swipe is a normal move) I suggest you use a second smeargle with odor sleuth and a recovery move that damages like draining kiss.

By holding a leppa berry and using recycle as your pokemon eat the berry you will have infinite PP, so you can chain as long as you want.

I have not tested it, but Munchlax on route 1 should have recycle for you to sketch.

You get the false swipe TM early on (beating the first kahuna).

Also I suggest you EV train the smeargle for HP/Speed so it can withstand hits and sweep the helper pokemon without fear of the chain breaking.

UberTag

By the way for effective SOS chaining, I suggest you guys prepare yourself a smeargle with false swipe, recycle, a damage move and a recovery move.

False swipe will put the pokemon at 1 hp, making it call for help often and it will also be your move to waste turns if the pokemon doesn't call for help. A recovery move to counteract residual damage, like giga drain or draining kiss, a damage move to progress through the chains (ideally something opposite from the type chart to your recovery move if it has a damage component that way your smeargle will be more rounded for different pokemon types). For ghost pokemons (as false swipe is a normal move) I suggest you use a second smeargle with odor sleuth and a recovery move that damages like draining kiss.

By holding a leppa berry and using recycle as your pokemon eat the berry you will have infinite PP, so you can chain as long as you want.

I have not tested it, but Munchlax on route 1 should have recycle for you to sketch.

You get the false swipe TM early on (beating the first kahuna).

Also I suggest you EV train the smeargle for HP/Speed so it can withstand hits and sweep the helper pokemon without fear of the chain breaking.
This is phenomenal advice. I should be fine having a 0 HP Abra synchronizer in my party lead spot to secure the nature I want once I've closed out the chain with a capture, correct?

Just as an addendum, once you've buillt up a stockpile of Adrenaline Orbs, the recycle contingency isn't all that necessary as you can continually throw them to stall during the same encounter and it won't deplete your stock. That's another good way to pass the time while you're waiting for successful SOS cries without depleting PPs from False Swipe or another move.

This is phenomenal advice. I should be fine having a 0 HP Abra synchronizer in my party lead spot to secure the nature I want once I've closed out the chain with a capture, correct?

It should, but I can't say for certain. There's been exception to synchronize in the past like roaming pokemons.

Just as an addendum, once you've buillt up a stockpile of Adrenaline Orbs, the recycle contingency isn't all that necessary as you can continually throw them to stall during the same encounter and it won't deplete your stock. That's another good way to pass the time while you're waiting for successful SOS cries without depleting PPs from False Swipe or another move.

You need to kill the pokemons for the chain to progress (can't have more than 2 pokemons on a side) , you're going to need PP anyway for your damage move.

Welp, Olivia is RIGHT after Mallow... so Id say round the 20 hour mark

Why is wimpod so damn hard to catch? I snuck on the first one by using Tauros but when it ran away it hasn't respawned!!!

Is it one a day or something?

Top Bottom