• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILERS Pokemon Sun/Moon Begins to leak on 4Chan

Seil

Welp, Olivia is RIGHT after Mallow... so Id say round the 20 hour mark

Why is wimpod so damn hard to catch? I snuck on the first one by using Tauros but when it ran away it hasn't respawned!!!

Is it one a day or something?

I haven't seen that one respawn since I caught it. Doesn't necessarily mean it can't, though.

Anyway this may not relate to sun and moon but and I know this is a stretch but what about speculating for
I think the game will be similar but Lusamine wants both Solgaleo and Lunalaa and with them meeting and the UB portal opening we get to see an eclipse event occur whjch awakens Necorzma in a new form. I could see it being like Platinum basically. Also I bet it would be a scorpion type form.

Puruzi

Banned
s66jPN9.png

I like Idol and Reverent

Seil

Anyway this may not relate to sun and moon but and I know this is a stretch but what about speculating a third game with necrozma or expansion game.
I think the game will be similar but Lusamine wants both Solgaleo and Lunalaa and with them meeting and the UB portal opening we get to see an eclipse event occur whjch awakens Necorzma in a new form. I could see it being like Platinum basically. Also I bet it would be a scorpion type form.

Not sure how much you know about Sun and Moon's story, but:
Lusamine doesn't want Solgaleo or Lunala, she abuses Cosmog to open the portal. Cosmog only evolves after the fact, when shit's hit the fan and it doing so helps you stop the crisis Lusamine started.

Frankly, I think sequels would be a superior option with how the story leaves off in this game. I'd rather see Alola after some more time passes than replay a slightly different version of this story.

Not sure how much you know about Sun and Moon's story, but:
Lusamine doesn't want Solgaleo or Lunala, she abuses Cosmog to open the portal. Cosmog only evolves after the fact, when shit's hit the fan and it doing so helps you stop the crisis Lusamine started.

Oh alright
honestly I was interpreting the plot as somewhat like platinum and her needing the legardary to open the portal but guess im wrong what is the plot anyway and whats cosmog? Im kinda behind by a lot on some things.

Seil

Oh alright
honestly I was interpreting the plot as somewhat like platinum and her needing the legardary to open the portal but guess im wrong what is the plot anyway and whats cosmog? Im kinda behind by a lot on some things.

Core plot spoilers:
Cosmog is the pre-evolution of Lunala and Solgaleo, it evolves into Cosmoem then into the legendary of the version of the game it's currently in. A Cosmog nicknamed Nebby by Lillie plays a core role in the story.

Lillie ran off with Cosmog, because Lusamine was planning to effectively torture it to open an Ultra Wormhole. Lusamine's pretty messed up in the head.

Eventually they manage to get Nebby back and Lusamine does in fact force it to open a wormhole, despite knowing that could potentially kill it.

Lusamine ends up going into the Ultra Wormhole after UB-01 which she's crazily obsessed over at this point.

Lillie wants to save Lusamine and try to set her straight, but Nebby's now turned into a Cosmoem and isn't moving. We set out on a quest to find the Legendary Pokemon which involves acquiring two ancient flutes and going to an ancient altar.

When we perform the ritual, Cosmoem evolves into the respective legendary and takes us into the alternate dimension to deal with Lusamine.

I like Idol and Reverent

Any pics of it with the female trainer? And how early can you get these? I imagine I'll be cycling through these often in my playthrough, and using idol for VGC.

Also, I believe someone mentioned that these have whole unique (ball throwing?) animations?

Seil

I like Smug because of its throw animation.

Unlock conditions to the best of my knowledge:

Normal: Default
Elegant: Unlocked when I met Gester, the style guy
Girlish: Rematch with Lana at her house
Left-Handed: Rematch with Ilima at his house
Reverent: Rematch with Mallow at her house
Smug: I got this after dealing with the Skull part of the storyline, it might've come from fighting Guzma I dunno
Passionate: 50 Streak in Battle Tree
Idol: "Stand above all others in the Battle Royal"

Edit: Gester is on the third island near the recycling plant.

UberTag

As it turns out, Goomy, Gabite, Vanillish and Castform show up in the wild as part of an additional SOS encounter dynamic I'm not entirely clear on.
As best as I can tell (although I'd be appreciative if someone here could confirm it), what happens with these guys is that on certain routes, as noted in the encounter tables, when a low-health pokemon is calling for help they'll not only call their own ally but one of these four will also show up for assistance.

Some other pokemon not mentioned above that also have this dynamic are Sliggoo, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath and Politoed. There's one route, in particular, where you can battle a Poliwag down to low health and two of its evolutions will jump in to help. What I don't know is whether you can chain 3-vs-1 matchups indefinitely like the 2-vs-1 SOS chains or if these guys only show up once and that's it.

Also, I believe someone mentioned that these have whole unique (ball throwing?) animations?

These I wanna see.

I like Smug because of its throw animation.

Unlock conditions to the best of my knowledge:

Normal: Default
Elegant: Unlocked when I met Gester, the style guy
Girlish: Rematch with Lana at her house
Left-Handed: Rematch with Ilima at his house
Reverent: Rematch with Mallow at her house
Smug: I got this after dealing with the Skull part of the storyline, it might've come from fighting Guzma I dunno
Passionate: 50 Streak in Battle Tree
Idol: "Stand above all others in the Battle Royal"

Edit: Gester is on the third island near the recycling plant.

Gah why so late lol

Well we've got our SuMo 2 set up. Empty lots become gyms, Tapus and transformer 3rd legendary have new forms.
Yeah I could see this in addition to discovering 20-30 new Alolan forms and 5-10 new megastones. They could set it a couple years into the future. The story could expand on ultra beasts and Type:null. I could see them give Silvally a new form and expand on its storyline. I'm curious if they will expand on Marshadow at all.
Yeah, Necrozma looks cool but I wonder if Game Freak will do a third version or once again skip it and go straight to gen 8.

Personally I am leaning toward the former.
GameFreak has started going for a 3 year generation cycle. Gen 5 only had the sequels, no remakes. Gen 6 had remakes but no third version. Although Gen 6 felt like it was originally planned to have a third version. It's also interesting that Marshadow and Magearna are the only mythicals/downloadable pokemon, that we know of so far anyway. Sounds like they are planning for a shorter gen likely to get gen 8 out on NX by 2019.

UberTag

Speaking of Dittos, I take it there's been no updates on SOS chain lengths to definitively nail down 4 guaranteed 31 IVs, has there?
I've just seen ballpark guesstimates but no hard data on how long one must extend the chain to lock that in.

As best as I can tell (although I'd be appreciative if someone here could confirm it), what happens with these guys is that on certain routes, as noted in the encounter tables, when a low-health pokemon is calling for help they'll not only call their own ally but one of these four will also show up for assistance.

Some other pokemon not mentioned above that also have this dynamic are Sliggoo, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath and Politoed. There's one route, in particular, where you can battle a Poliwag down to low health and two of its evolutions will jump in to help. What I don't know is whether you can chain 3-vs-1 matchups indefinitely like the 2-vs-1 SOS chains or if these guys only show up once and that's it.

On the table dumps you see slots (1 to 7 I think) and each slots has 10 positions. If you get a pokemon on the encounter slot at position lets say 7 (ie: a caterpie) when it calls for help it will call from a random SOS slot but at the same position. Most the time this would be a caterpie at position 7 for all the SOS slots but you might see a slot or two with different pokemons, most of them being evos.

Also only 2 pokemons per side max in this game, no 3v3.

Seil

That's awesome to hear but have you run into any Destiny Knots? I can't remember if you said you could buy them with BP or not.

You can buy them for 48? BP, there may be an NPC event that gives you one, but I haven't encountered it. I'm fairly certain there are a few of these I haven't run into at this point.

UberTag

On the table dumps you see slots (1 to 7 I think) and each slots has 10 positions. If you get a pokemon on the encounter slot at position lets say 7 (ie: a caterpie) when it calls for help it will call from a random SOS slot but at the same position. Most the time this would be a caterpie at position 7 for all the SOS slots but you might see a slot or two with different pokemons, most of them being evos.

Also only 2 pokemons per side max in this game, no 3v3.
What I was referring to above was this table situation...

Table 11 (Day):
Encounters (Levels 24-27): Poliwag (20%), Meowth (Forme 1) (20%), Petilil (10%), Psyduck (10%), Araquanid (10%), Araquanid (10%), Ledian (10%), Ledian (5%), Ledian (4%), Ledian (1%)
SOS Slot 1 (Levels 24-27): Poliwag (20%), Meowth (Forme 1) (20%), Petilil (10%), Psyduck (10%), Araquanid (10%), Araquanid (10%), Ledian (10%), Ledian (5%), Ledian (4%), Ledian (1%)
SOS Slot 2 (Levels 24-27): Poliwag (20%), Meowth (Forme 1) (20%), Petilil (10%), Psyduck (10%), Araquanid (10%), Araquanid (10%), Ledian (10%), Ledian (5%), Ledian (4%), Ledian (1%)
SOS Slot 3 (Levels 24-27): Poliwag (20%), Meowth (Forme 1) (20%), Petilil (10%), Psyduck (10%), Araquanid (10%), Araquanid (10%), Ledian (10%), Ledian (5%), Ledian (4%), Ledian (1%)
SOS Slot 4 (Levels 24-27): Poliwag (20%), Meowth (Forme 1) (20%), Petilil (10%), Psyduck (10%), Araquanid (10%), Araquanid (10%), Ledian (10%), Ledian (5%), Ledian (4%), Ledian (1%)
SOS Slot 5 (Levels 24-27): Poliwag (20%), Meowth (Forme 1) (20%), Petilil (10%), Psyduck (10%), Araquanid (10%), Araquanid (10%), Ledian (10%), Ledian (5%), Ledian (4%), Ledian (1%)
SOS Slot 6 (Levels 24-27): Poliwag (20%), Meowth (Forme 1) (20%), Petilil (10%), Psyduck (10%), Araquanid (10%), Araquanid (10%), Ledian (10%), Ledian (5%), Ledian (4%), Ledian (1%)
SOS Slot 7 (Levels 24-27): Poliwag (20%), Meowth (Forme 1) (20%), Petilil (10%), Psyduck (10%), Araquanid (10%), Araquanid (10%), Ledian (10%), Ledian (5%), Ledian (4%), Ledian (1%)
Additional SOS encounters: Poliwrath, Poliwhirl, Castform, Castform, Castform, Castform
We have the 7 SOS slots where called alies normally reside... and then we have the additional SOS encounter section below it which implies two allies show up instead of one (although I did misspeak in that it seems unlikely that both Poliwrath and Poliwhirl could show up simultaneously - just a second Poliwag and then one of the two... or Castform.)

AJC on Smogon also mentioned "up to 2 other pokemon" could show up to assist in this response which makes me think 3vs1 is a possibility.

For what it's worth I've chained 100 times+ and never seen a pokemon call 2 others. Maybe he meant 2 other kind/species of pokemon. Also in multiplayer triples were removed so I really doubt you can battle 3 pokemons at the same time in the story.

The additional SOS encounters are related to weather also, but I'm not sure what the 6 positions refers to for the additional SOS encounter line. Maybe each position is associated to a possible weather (rain, sunny day, fog, etc)

I think I'd prefer if gamefreak were to do third versions and sequels that reuse assets. They always go back patch up some flaws and basically turn a pretty good game into a must play.

You can buy heart scales in this game. Just go to a restaurant that isn't the one in the first city's mall (that one's a once-a-day battle buffet).

Ura Ura's 4K for 4, Akala is 1040 for 2, Poni is 500 for 1.

You can buy heart scales in this game. Just go to a restaurant that isn't the one in the first city's mall (that one's a once-a-day battle buffet).

Ura Ura's 4K for 4, Akala is 1040 for 2, Poni is 500 for 1.
BTW you can learn any level-up move with a heart scale now, even if the Pokemon is too low of a level.

What's the verdict on zygarde 100%?
Really good. Monsterous HP and finally gets to use its signature moves legally.

Hearing that you can just send out complete forme without needing to have incomplete Zygarde go below half HP, but I didn't see any confirmation on that. Either way, strictly speaking 50% Zygarde, it finally got good moves AND a really good ability.

Really good. Monsterous HP and finally gets to use its signature moves legally.

Hearing that you can just send out complete forme without needing to have incomplete Zygarde go below half HP, but I didn't see any confirmation on that. Either way, strictly speaking 50% Zygarde, it finally got good moves AND a really good ability.
Oh awesome. Looking forward to catching him. Hope it's true about not needing his hp to drop for the form.

UberTag

For what it's worth I've chained 100 times+ and never seen a pokemon call 2 others. Maybe he meant 2 other kind/species of pokemon. Also in multiplayer triples were removed so I really doubt you can battle 3 pokemons at the same time in the story.

The additional SOS encounters are related to weather also, but I'm not sure what the 6 positions refers to for the additional SOS encounter line. Maybe each position is associated to a possible weather (rain, sunny day, fog, etc)
Would you entertain trying to chain in one of the routes where additional SOS encounters are said to occur?

The routes in question are...
- 091 - Lush Jungle
- 092 - Lush Jungle
- 093 - Lush Jungle
- 144 - Tapu Village / 145 - Route 14
- 148 - Route 17
- 153 - Haina Desert
- 154 - Haina Desert
- 155 - Haina Desert
- 156 - Haina Desert
- 162 - Malie Garden
- 177 - Mount Lanakila
- 178 - Mount Lanakila
- 255 - Exeggutor Island

Seil

Would you entertain trying to chain in one of the routes where additional SOS encounters are said to occur?

Doing it right now, nothing calls if there's two pokemon on the field, and two have not come in at once.

I've had a couple poliwhirls called. Poliwhirls will continue to call as well. Haven't seen a Poliwrath/Politoed or Castform. This chain should be at least 30+ at this point if not 40-50+.

(Chaining this on the side on my other 3DS)

Doing it right now, nothing calls if there's two pokemon on the field, and two have not come in at once.

I've had a couple poliwhirls called. Poliwhirls will continue to call as well. Haven't seen a Poliwrath/Politoed or Castform. This chain should be at least 30+ at this point if not 40-50+.

Try using weather moves like rain dance for Poliwrath/Politoed

UberTag

I'd say if you're getting Poliwhirls to show up that's I guess proof enough that the additional SOS slots outside of the primary 7 are being looked at and utilized. Also seems to debunk the possibility of two allies appearing at once.

I'm curious whether Castform just shows up randomly for some of the other monsters on that route or whether there are other conditions that need to be in play. Ditto for the Vanilluxe / Garchomp / Goodra lines on those other routes seeing how this is the only way they can be obtained.

It's not really a complaint, but it's kind of weird how Solgaleo and Lunala are

*Story spoiler*

ultra beasts even though they easily pass as completely normal Pokémon. It feels sort of throwaway considering how crazy and alien the others actually look.

Seil

On the flip side, togedemaru is completely ignored by most people.

I can't ignore it because of that stupid giant lightning bolt "quill" in the middle of its back. Bugs the hell out of me how dumb that looks imo.

Edit: Also using Mimikyu as starter in Sun.

Seil

How do double EVs on SOS chaining work?

Once a Pokemon's been called into battle to assist, any time you KO something in that battle you get double EVs.

With Pokerus + the appropriate Power Item, that means you'd be getting 36 EVs per KO from a 1 EV yield Pokemon. 7 KOs to go from 0 to 252.

(Power Items were buffed from +4 EVs to +8)

Edit: You can use EV reducing berries and there should be a Festival Plaza stall you can get that can reset EVs once a day.

Once a Pokemon's been called into battle to assist, any time you KO something in that battle you get double EVs.

With Pokerus + the appropriate Power Item, that means you'd be getting 36 EVs per KO from a 1 EV yield Pokemon. 7 KOs to go from 0 to 252.

(Power Items were buffed from +4 EVs to +8)

Thanks. How do you use an Adrenaline Orb to increase the chance while doing this when it's a held item?

Top Bottom