• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

hughesta

Banned
Memories hold the truth... know when to say goodbye...

Maybe we're going at this all wrong. What if you have to do something right on a fresh save? The game makes you start a save file on your first go through, and theoretically that file is always in place when starting the demo again. Maybe all data needs to be deleted and something special has to be done in the first run?

people thought ghost spawns were random but they seem to be tied to Pets progress throught hte house

we are waiting for the method to be refined and confirmed

Moofers

Apparently it is possible to get all ghost sightings in one run

just had a guy do 6/7 ghosts in one shot. I think he found the trigger

Aren't the sightings also on a timer? The video where the guy was walking through the room of the 2nd sighting and she was like right on top of him....that makes it seem like she spawns regardless of what you're doing or where you are, but more that she's on a timer. Maybe there are conditions you have to meet to get her to appear but when she does, its always at the same time?

This. Start the VHS. Pause on the black screen as soon as the tracking noise goes away (before Pete says Boo!). Wait 30 seconds. This icon appears, spinning, in the bottom right of the screen. This doesn't happen anywhere else (afaik). What does it mean?
OK, if I mash "Start" through the intro to the game (after starting it from OS) and then press "Next" right away at the Language screen, that icon appears in the bottom-right corner before the "Press Any Button" screen comes up. It may just be a "loading" graphic.

Keihart

OK, if I mash "Start" through the intro to the game (after starting it from OS) and then press "Next" right away at the Language screen, that icon appears in the bottom-right corner before the "Press Any Button" screen comes up. It may just be a "loading" graphic.

oh, ok. That pretty much debunks it.

Edit: The mannequins tho, holy shit.

Kinsei

Banned

If it is a loading graphic then what is it loading? Now I'm thinking something changes in the house once you trigger it, but surely someone would have found it by now, right? Maybe it's integral to getting past the next puzzle once we figure out how to progress.

Crescende

Banned
My guess is that Capcom just wants to feed us with some information about the final RE7 release. No more no less.

-The helicopter hints at umbrella corp. beeing involved
-The morse code hints at the setting the game will take place
- The voodoo dolls and blairwitch ripoff video tape want to show us that the new RE wants to go away from the hollywood zombie and more to the original zombie from africa (aka humans possesed by Spirits/ghosts) Voodoo doctors/witches(familiy man?) were able to turn humans to zombies without free will via rituals. The most common ritual was offering animal blood from cows and crows (entrance door and microwave) to the Spirits while drawing symbols on the ground (red stars in kitchen) and then channeling the spirit/ghost into a human Body.

brau

Anyone streaming?

in other news, i played a bit this morning. Have you guys noticed that chopping on interactibles with your axe will not cause them damage? this includes doors, vhs cabinet, drawers and what not? the same happens with the wall that has all the lines drawn in the phone room. Weird huh?

Keihart

My guess is that Capcom just wants to feed us with some information about the final RE7 release. No more no less.

-The helicopter hints at umbrella corp. beeing involved
-The morse code hints at the setting the game will take place
- The voodoo dolls and blairwitch ripoff video tape want to show us that the new RE wants to go away from the hollywood zombie and more to the original zombie from africa (aka humans possesed by Spirits/ghosts) Voodoo doctors/witches(familiy man?) were able to turn humans to zombies without free will via rituals. The most common ritual was offering animal blood from cows and crows (entrance door and microwave) to the Spirits while drawing symbols on the ground (red stars in kitchen) and then channeling the spirit/ghost into a human Body.

Good plot theory, even though i knew about those zombies it didn't crossed my mind before.

Did people not know the ghost spawns were tied to the characters progress? I just didn't know the exact points they appeared.

In other news, someone has found a spawning glitch for the mannequins to make multiple mannequins spawn at once: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kblLoU0xpzc
It is interesting, though, that the mannequin spawns after he walks down the stairs. I've noticed on numerous occasions, when walking down the main stairs, the sound of something unlocking. I've just chalked it up to being another random sound effect, but now I'm not sure...

EDIT: Anyways, just for posterity, here's the "loading" icon showing up during the game's startup (before "Press any button"): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2xVxaCTdFw

Doesn't mean that it means nothing if it appears during the VHS, but I don't think it's anything specific to the tape.

Kinsei

Banned
It is interesting, though, that the mannequin spawns after he walks down the stairs. I've noticed on numerous occasions, when walking down the main stairs, the sound of something unlocking. I've just chalked it up to being another random sound effect, but now I'm not sure...

It was there before he went down the stairs. You can catch a glimpse of it the first time he passes them.

What we don't know is the exact meaning of the icons on the VHS item:

tape_zpsgw0t22u8.png

My guess is that it just means it's flagged as something that can be watched, be it in a VCR or some other player. It does seem weird to put the icon of a tape on a tape, but it suggests that we'll be finding multiple items in the main game that can be watched somehow.

The icon on the right is interesting. Perhaps that means that not only is this an item that can be played back, but also can be recorded to?

So to recap

- Seeing all 7 ghosts in one run is possible. there is a method. Its not random

- There are apparently 7 mannequins... still waiting on how to replicate this

Kyolux

Have we heard back from Jesse Cox I think his name was? That youtuber that apparently was told a solution?

What about Max? Any new tweets?

Top Bottom