• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

The Ummah

Banned
I refuse to believe. No. No........................no.

If anything, I am really looking forward to playing through the full game with ResiGAF. Should be a grand time.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Wow, people really made this out to be something it isn't, harmless fun nonetheless.
But looking back at what the demo actually is without our wild theories, it's a pretty lacklustre demo which consists of walking around and getting knocked out once you've triggered the tape or phone call.
Kojima played us like a damn fiddle. lol

lawtowler

Wow, people really made this out to be something it isn't
looking back at at what the demo actually is without our wild theories, it's a pretty lacklustre demo which consists of walking around and getting knocked out once you've triggered the tape or phone call.
Kojima played us like a damn fiddle. lol

Kojima?

Kazuhira

Well,i want confimation of this but i've enjoyed every second of this wild ride with you guys.
P.T and this demo proved that i love this criptic puzzle games and working with the community to solve them was fun and entertaining.
We're a big family now.

I'll say this whole ride has been very inspirational as someone who likes these kind of games and community efforts.

It's been an honor.
Agreed. Even if it's all for naught, it's been a lot of fun.

If nothing else, I got a lot more out of this demo than I otherwise would have.

Venom Fox

Banned
Anyone got the link of that paranoid guy who was going insane on Twitch / maybe it was youtube? who played it for 13 hours straight?

Well,i want confimation of this but i've enjoyed every second of this wild ride with you guys.
P.T and this demo proved that i love this criptic puzzle games and working with the community to solve them was fun and entertaining.
We're a big family now.

Yup, as potentially disappointing as this is, it's been a wild ride and has been fun from start to end

Nephix

We're a big family now.

Agreed. :3

Even if somehow it turns out what we've seen is what we get, it's been awesome seeing the community come together like this.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
Oh my french is not the best but it seems that each phone message is regarded as a unique ending. Thus we have discovered all 4 endings.

I presumed this was the case when it was announced there are four endings - but everyone refused to believe and therefore so did I. It's sad there isn't anything more to see. It's been great fun guys, I hope the actual game is similar to this!

-MD-

Well why did we spend days looking for something that not there.

Because the demo starts off telling you to get out of the house so naturally that's what everyone wants to accomplish.

Kojima isn't working on RE7.

I'll say this whole ride has been very inspirational as someone who likes these kind of games and community efforts.

It's been an honor.
If nothing else, I got a lot more out of this demo than I otherwise would have.
For sure. When I first played the demo, I was ready to move along and return to my usual gaming schedule. When I came into this thread to throw in my quick two cents about the demo, I never imagined that I'd get sucked into a crazy vortex of theories and conspiracies. It's the first time I've been involved in something like this on NeoGAF, and it was a really fun experience! Thanks, everyone.

yes
this is mostly the PT guys more than the RE guys

a lot of people freaking out over this don't even really touch RE

Yep, I've only beat Resident Evil 1 and within the past 2 months as well (I played RE4, 5 and 6 as well, but not much), so I jumped in because of having played P.T.

So it was a waste?
Called it.

But hey we had fun and coffee and made friends
who own magic bullets

I don't even like coffee. Much more of a tea guy

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Whether there's more or not, one interesting effect this may have is Capcom may stuff some extra super hidden secrets in RE7 seeing how this took off.

That'd be an interesting outcome. And again, I have my suspicions off things this isn't the last RE7 demo before the game releases.

Kinsei

Banned
I still think someone that knows both German and English should play through the demo with German subtitles on to see if they match up.

Whether there's more or not, one interesting effect this may have is Capcom may stuff some extra super hidden secrets in RE7 seeing how this took off.

That'd be an interesting outcome. And again, I have my suspicions off things this isn't the last RE7 demo before the game releases.

I think there might be another demo that demonstrates combat and something closer to how the actual game will play out.

I think there might be another demo that demonstrates combat and something closer to how the actual game will play out.
I wonder if Capcom is actually going to stick to doing these sorts of "concept" demos but keep the actual game under wraps until release. There was a trailer for RE7, but we haven't actually seen RE7, you know?

It'd be like going into the first RE game all over again. We'd have a general sense of how it looked and played, but everything else would be a complete mystery.

kc44135

So, the finger, the axe, and BOTH trailers were all trolling on Capcom's part!? AND they had a completely finished room that they used for a scene in said trailers, and then used it for NOTHING in the full demo!? Seriously, WTF Capcom? The axe and finger both strike me as really poor design on Capcom's part. Did they really leave unsusable items with hints that they can be used in the demo!? That's either incredibly lazy, or some kind of sick marketing ploy on their part. I hope stuff like that isn't in the final game. I mean, imagine you found a crank in an old-school RE game, that said in it's description it had a use, only it didn't? You'd carry it the whole game, looking for a place to use it that didn't exist. Just horrible.

OmegaX0

So, the finger, the axe, and BOTH trailers were all trolling on Capcom's part!? AND they had a completely finished room that they used for a scene in said trailers, and then used it for NOTHING in the full demo!? Seriously, WTF Capcom? The axe and finger both strike me as really poor design on Capcom's part. Did they really leave unsusable items with hints that they can be used in the demo!? That's either incredibly lazy, or some kind of sick marketing ploy on their part. I hope stuff like that isn't in the final game. I mean, imagine you found a crank in an old-school RE game, that said in it's description it had a use, only it didn't? You'd carry it the whole game, looking for a place to use it that didn't exist. Just horrible.

Don't give them ideas.

I wonder if Capcom is actually going to stick to doing these sorts of "concept" demos but keep the actual game under wraps until release. There was a trailer for RE7, but we haven't actually seen RE7, you know?

It'd be like going into the first RE game all over again. We'd have a general sense of how it looked and played, but everything else would be a complete mystery.

I'm cool with this, the wait would be torture though.

Ydelnae

Lmao, I feel like a Chico sausage right now. This was a waste and I was deciding between buying the game day one or buying Mass Effect and waiting until impressions on the new direction for the saga, but now I've finally made a decision.

Top Bottom