• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

Persona7

Banned
RE Facebook page shared this video:
https://www.facebook.com/residentevil/videos/1209599412394277/

Do you remember this scene during the demo? I do not. -_-
01eafmy.jpg

Maybe from the kitchen demo?

Neff

I never saw it, a friend of mine was telling me about discoveries in the demo around the internet while I was playing it so I could try to solve it, and he told me that some guy managed to sever the telephone wire and he got a coin for it. I didn't ask for proof because I hadn't got that far.

That said, it's probably horseshit. The demo has been brute force tested from top to bottom at this point. If there was such a coin in there, someone would have found it by now.

Jawmuncher

I don't think there's anything to pull from this trailer. Outside the VHS thing or whatever might have been a clue to more than one main character.

From the press release I just got:
It was also announced that the demo will receive a brand new update that allows players to explore more of the mysterious, derelict mansion. This new “Twilight” version will be available tomorrow, September 15, and will be available for all PS4 users to download.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
refreshing the japan psn store every few minutes. isn't the 15th there?

It's the 15th there, yes. The demo last time hit like, 1-2 AM my time zone. Right now it's 9:52 AM here, so might be a bit off. But to be seen! Demo is confirmed to be hitting America/Europe on the 15th though, but no specific time given.

Firecrest

Ready to pick up where we left off. Time to finger everything and everyone, from the mannequins, Family Man, keyholes, dolls, clocks, cabinets, walls, etc- NOTHING MUST BE LEFT UNFINGERED!

Also, I hope there are a ton of easter eggs and cryptic shit.

decisions

It's good to be back.

It was ridiculous how interested I was in investigating the last demo. There was nothing there of course but it was still an awesome experience. I love these PT-esque, community-driven horror puzzles.

I have a ton of studying to do tomorrow but I will work hard and hopefully everything isn't discovered by the time I'm done lol

I think maybe the Family will be like Nemesis, you can knock them out or disable them for a bit but they will eventually keep pursuing you through the game. If there is dismemberment and regeneration, it would interesting if you could do something like maim their limbs to give yourself time to run away or get past them for the moment until they heal. I think that would be an interesting balance between combat and survival if that was the case.

edit: Oops though this was the trailer thread.

This is the demo everyone will want to explore unlike the last one. Goddamn that was tedious. The fact that there is combat and a gun!!!! omg it's happening!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm setting myself up for slight disappointment.

I still don't think we're gonna get full-on combat in this demo.

I doubt full-on combat.

But I am suspecting they might put in more cryptic secrets to discover this time around due to the response from the last demo.

The Ummah

Banned
I wonder how this is going to work.

They are sure to include a new mechanic from the previous demo. Maybe healing this time? If kool-aid family man is breaking walls down like he was here, we might need it. We will find a gun with no bullets around this time, but for tape 3......

I'm all in for all of this! Let's fucking go!

Top Bottom