• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

Daggoth

I'm in. I can't offer anything useful to this thread but I'm merely looking forward to the next chapter of our descent into madness.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Posting this over from the Twilight Version demo topic as well:

Capcom-Unity Post, includes a few details about the game in general and pre-ordering, and the new demo:

“Welcome to the family, son.” In June, countless PS Plus subscribers heard this instantly memorable line in their attempt to escape a mysterious plantation house when the Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour demo was first released. Today, we’ve got a bunch of new information to share about Resident Evil 7 biohazard, including a new trailer, an update to the Beginning Hour demo, and more!

First things first; we’ve just released a new trailer that gives you a peek at what you can expect in the full game, which you can check out above. Starting off with a mysterious recorded message, get a look at some of the visceral combat that you’ll experience, as well as an unforgettable feast with the Baker family.

In addition, the Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour demo has hit a huge milestone, with over three million people having downloaded the demo worldwide! For those of you who have explored every nook and cranny that the dilapidated house has to offer, we’ve got something special in store for you. A new Twilight version update for the demo is on the way, and will be available starting tomorrow, September 15th. And while Beginning Hour has previously only been available to PlayStation Plus members, when the update goes live tomorrow, all PS4 owners will be able to download the demo and experience it for themselves. If you haven’t played the demo yet, it will be a great time to investigate the dilapidated corridors and uncover the mansion’s mysteries.

We also have some exciting news to share about the digital deluxe version of the game for North America. Previously offering the game and a season pass for two additional story episodes for $79.99 in North America, we’ll be upgrading the digital deluxe version with an additional playable story episode starting tomorrow. This will also shift the price to $89.99 to account for the additional content. However, if you’ve already pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition on the North American PlayStation Store, your pre-order will automatically be upgraded at no additional charge. Plus, all pre-order customers of either the standard or deluxe versions will get a number of bonuses, including the Survival Pack: Recovery Set, consisting of consumable healing items to help you withstand the mansion’s horrors. Don’t worry; these consumables are available again each time you start a new game. Also included are a mysterious in-game Lucky Coin, and access to the incredibly difficult Madhouse mode (normally unlocked after completing the game once). As if that wasn’t enough, all pre-orders on the NA PlayStation Store will also instantly receive a dynamic PS4 theme. Be sure to head over and pre-order today!

Finally, don’t forget that Resident Evil 7 biohazard will be fully playable with the included optional PlayStation VR mode when fear comes home on January 24th, 2017. If you can’t wait that long, keep an eye out on the Resident Evil Twitter and Facebook accounts to get the latest on the Resident Evil 20th Anniversary U.S. tour list to see if RE7 and PlayStation VR will be brought to a location near you! Plus, check out additional images below!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/...iler-is-out-now-with-a-demo-update-on-the-way

the fact he pokes at phrases about mysteries and poking around everywhere makes me think they may stuff more secrets into this thing.

Also those weird coins are given a name, and the unlockable hardest difficulty is 'Madhouse Mode', which does imply it may have remixed elements.

Kalentan

Just as a heads up. My RE7 demo updated with the latest version.
Version 1.01
3GB update

UK/GMT-00

So what is the new size of the demo vs old size?

Edit: holy shit guys! Based on Fridges stream, the demo is now nearly 6gb. The original version was only 2.7gb. How much did they add!?

About start it up now.
Feel free to help woth the investigation
Twitch.tv/bumblebeecody

Edit: new menu.
Phone icon alert? Wut

Edit 2
New picture by fire place
Mouldy after first room on the right

Edit: ypu can now combine items

fr0st

Banned
There's a basement key and handgun ammo in the new room

Also there's a window that leads outside but you can't open it.

Saphirax

Poop. I deleted the demo and now I can't download it again. Guess I'll just have to wait until they put up the non-PS+ version.

Spenny

There's a hand for the dummy finger in the new attic room. Its hidden in a pile of old crt televisions by the ladder. You can combine the two items.

There's writing on the wall of the new room a riddle about 5 murdered guests

Edit: andddd I'm stuck hah

Edit 2: writing in the attic says. Five guests murdered, but where is unknown. Nothing to point to their final gravestones.

Daggoth

There's a hand for the dummy finger in the new attic room. Its hidden in a pile of old crt televisions by the ladder. You can combine the two items.
For all the theories and speculation, this is like the most underwhelming reveal ever :(

I'm out until I can play it later tonight.

1 handgun Ammo under the bed in the new room,

Found a message written on the wall by the crt pile

5 guests urdered but wherr is unknown.
nothing to point to their final gravestonea

Lucent

1 handgun Ammo under the bed in the new room,

Found a message written on the wall by the crt pile

5 guests urdered but wherr is unknown.
nothing to point to their final gravestonea

Maybe something related to the hand and finger being combined. Finger "pointing" to their final gravestones?

I don't have the update so I dunno what gesture the hand might be making.

Jakten

I don't understand how people are finding the phone room wall broken. My demo updated and everything is exactly the same. I've done everything you could possibly do from the original demo and no dice... I don't see anything different.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yup, so I dont think there is anything more to the demo than the additional items/room. Id be willing to bet on it.

I'll actually bet against it. I'm just going to say the obvious without reading too much on the specifics (since it's not out in the US yet).

I think there's more here. I doubt they just updated with a new room and a dead end with all of this new stuff which doesn't come together at all, especially in an update that was over 4 GB big (almost twice as big as the demo was originally).

But I do think there will be some open-handed stuff for a future demo. But I think they may have planted some really cryptic stuff since everyone went crazy with it last time, so Capcom rose to the plate, "YOU WANT CRYPTIC SHIT, HUH?", since people figured out everything in the last demo almost immediately.

mishakoz

I'll actually bet against it. I'm just going to say the obvious without reading too much on the specifics (since it's not out in the US yet).

I think there's more here. I doubt they just updated with a new room and a dead end with all of this new stuff which doesn't come together at all, especially in an update that was over 4 GB big (almost twice as big as the demo was originally).

But I do think there will be some open-handed stuff for a future demo. But I think they may have planted some really cryptic stuff since everyone went crazy with it last time, so Capcom rose to the plate, "YOU WANT CRYPTIC SHIT, HUH?", since people figured out everything in the last demo almost immediately.

Sure, but if I were Capcom I would bloat the size of the download just to screw with people. I think if there was more to the demo they would have quenched one mystery from the beginning hour and raised new ones. As it stands, there are new mysteries but no new answers, and because there is only one new room many theories have already been tested and I don't think many people will retest.

I think what they learned from the first demo is just that screwing with people works.

Ferr986

I feel like this new demo is aimed to people that wasn't able to download it because they weren't Plus members.

mishakoz

So wait... Has anyone found anything new? Or is it exactly the same?

There is a new attic room, handgun ammo, a ladder to a locked window leading outside, a hand that can be combined with the finger, and a basement key, and supposedly a new phone message.

But no way to progress.

Top Bottom